DYKES and BONNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

Dykes makes Washington look like a good buy and that takes some doing. The bloke is f uc king pony.
    You haven't answered the Samuel miss against Norwich which we could have come away with 3 points, which is more important than going out of the cup.

Comment

I think Dykes needs to play up front with Charlie he layed off a few nice balls yesterday and his work rate will pull their defence thus making chances for Charlie plus he can learn from the great man.

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
        I think Dykes needs to play up front with Charlie he layed off a few nice balls yesterday and his work rate will pull their defence thus making chances for Charlie plus he can learn from the great man.
        Be careful people will lambast you for talking sense

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post

So its OK for Bonne to miss sitters but not Dykes.
          Nobody has said that , Dykes has been playing all season and scored 1 goal from open play and has been poor . Bonne has started a handful of games compared to him and gets in better scoring positions.He has also missed chances but hasn’t been given the games Dykes has.

Comment

One thing I noticed yesterday was that Dykes and Bonne were much more mobile in their play. Despite missed sitters that`s a huge plus in my book..
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post

So its OK for Bonne to miss sitters but not Dykes.
              Dykes has been our main striker for the whole season and so far he had scored ONE GOAL from open play...... that’s beyond appalling. He is f u c k i n g gash. Hopefully Charlie helps get us out of this very smelly hole or L1 here we come...

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

Dykes has been our main striker for the whole season and so far he had scored ONE GOAL from open play...... that’s beyond appalling. He is f u c k i n g gash. Hopefully Charlie helps get us out of this very smelly hole or L1 here we come...
                Still not answered my question about Samuel's miss obviously your blinkered as Samuel's miss was a lot worse and cost us getting all 3 points.

Comment

Just read that Ilias Chair is in the top 10 in Europe for creating chances but hasn't a single assist all season!! tells you all you need to know about our strikers!

Comment

Seems to me the Dykes or Bonne ability discussion must be taken with the set up and style/tatics Warburton is wanting the team to play. As an above poster commented hopefully Charlie A. can show the way which should benefit the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by 70sQPR View Post
                      Seems to me the Dykes or Bonne ability discussion must be taken with the set up and style/tatics Warburton is wanting the team to play. As an above poster commented hopefully Charlie A. can show the way which should benefit the whole team.
                      I don’t think managers tactics can be linked to strikers missing these chances . This is purely down to bad finishing. We have been accused, quite rightly of not creating chances , yesterday we had plenty and blew them all.

Comment

Originally posted by 70sQPR View Post
                        Spot on.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

We took a punt on two strikers in the hope one or both would do the business. Dykes works hard and does manage some lay offs but 1 goal from open play is a shocking return at this stage of a season and he just doesn't look like scoring. As has been suggested I would play him up top with Charlie in the hope latter can score some goals to take some heat off Dykes who can be the target man. Maybe if the pressure is taken off a bit he can relax more, get some confidence and start adding in the odd goal. Good attitude so still hope he can develop. Championship big step up from Livingston.

Bonne seems raw and is snatching at things which suggests lack of confidence and some other stuff which can be worked on.

Seen some criticism of Kelman. Bit harsh in my view. Nowhere near ready for first team and wouldn't expect him to be involved at this stage. We are just woefully short of options. Got into some reasonable positions and showed desire. If you add technical ability to that over next year or two could grow into a first team striker.

Harsh reality is we had no strikers, not much money and spent pennies (by modern standards) in the hope we might get lucky. Only criticism I have is that in light of that we should have looked at getting an experienced striker on loan in the summer to play alongside new recruits. Our gamble didn't come off and we had no plan B. We have now brought in our plan B and would be nice to add another if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            We took a punt on two strikers in the hope one or both would do the business. Dykes works hard and does manage some lay offs but 1 goal from open play is a shocking return at this stage of a season and he just doesn't look like scoring. As has been suggested I would play him up top with Charlie in the hope latter can score some goals to take some heat off Dykes who can be the target man. Maybe if the pressure is taken off a bit he can relax more, get some confidence and start adding in the odd goal. Good attitude so still hope he can develop. Championship big step up from Livingston.

Bonne seems raw and is snatching at things which suggests lack of confidence and some other stuff which can be worked on.

Seen some criticism of Kelman. Bit harsh in my view. Nowhere near ready for first team and wouldn't expect him to be involved at this stage. We are just woefully short of options. Got into some reasonable positions and showed desire. If you add technical ability to that over next year or two could grow into a first team striker.

Harsh reality is we had no strikers, not much money and spent pennies (by modern standards) in the hope we might get lucky. Only criticism I have is that in light of that we should have looked at getting an experienced striker on loan in the summer to play alongside new recruits. Our gamble didn't come off and we had no plan B. We have now brought in our plan B and would be nice to add another if possible.
                            I think it was the right decision to bring in our own strikers in the summer . We all would have expected at least one of them to have done better at this stage of the season . Having loaned Wells and Hugil in previous seasons , we know how short term that can be and that they can be called back and sold to someone else at short notice and leaving you short . The plan B is now needed which is Austin the experienced loan Hopefully he will do the business and also improve the strikers we have that will be training with him every day . Let’s not forget the clubs plans are to buy at reasonable prices , develop and sell on , I’m sure the club don’t want to many loan players but our current league position leaves us no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I don’t think managers tactics can be linked to strikers missing these chances . This is purely down to bad finishing. We have been accused, quite rightly of not creating chances , yesterday we had plenty and blew them all.
                              I think the tactics obviously can make a difference in the number of chances the striker(s) get and if chances are few and far between misses seem bigger and confidence can wane, Dykes and Bonne have had plenty of chances though and to this point my opinion through half a season is neither is good enough at this level! The manager doesn't miss the sitters and yes they can work on finishing in training but it's not MW's or any other manager's job to teach these professionals how to score goals, when we buy a striker I think there should be an assumption at this point in their career they have learned that skill!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I think the tactics obviously can make a difference in the number of chances the striker(s) get and if chances are few and far between misses seem bigger and confidence can wane, Dykes and Bonne have had plenty of chances though and to this point my opinion through half a season is neither is good enough at this level! The manager doesn't miss the sitters and yes they can work on finishing in training but it's not MW's or any other manager's job to teach these professionals how to score goals, when we buy a striker I think there should be an assumption at this point in their career they have learned that skill!
                                Absolutely, yesterday was comical , Austin must have been licking his lips watching those chances.Regarding managers tactics I think that argument stands up for large parts of this season but not yesterday and that was my point with Shania .

Comment

Working...
                                X