Just go warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post

Sorry but I have to disagree with most of this, LF is responsible for the player dealings as well as the manager and past managers who haven't worked out, I have seen nothing from the pair of Dykes and Bonne that leads me to believe they would be "formidable" Dykes works hard but there is no end product, at least on the scraps he has been given and he has missed a fair few sitters that have cost us dearly, Bonne has not impressed me at all, he seems just as the Charlton fans were saying! I think myself and probably others were hopeful the last transfer window would work out, the $$$ from Eze was a positive but not if some of it wasn't spent properly which apart from Dickie, who I think is good as well, I don't see any of the new players making an impact! I was desperately hoping we would be just good enough to stay in the division and continue to crack on from there with our house in order, that doesn't look like the case at all and our DOF has to take massive blame all around, his time is up as well!
    DOF can only build a squad based on the budget given to him from the owners. I believe someone mentioned last week that our league position mirrors where our budget is compared to other teams. If that's the case we've met expectations just not exceeded them.

The owners have done their money and dont want to put in any more than they need to.

Comment

Serious question, will League One matches available on QPR Plus when we end up there?
      Defo!
      Whether the link will work remains to be seen.....

Comment

Arteta will be available tonight !

Comment

Sorry but I have to disagree with most of this, LF is responsible for the player dealings as well as the manager and past managers who haven't worked out, I have seen nothing from the pair of Dykes and Bonne that leads me to believe they would be "formidable" Dykes works hard but there is no end product, at least on the scraps he has been given and he has missed a fair few sitters that have cost us dearly, Bonne has not impressed me at all, he seems just as the Charlton fans were saying! I think myself and probably others were hopeful the last transfer window would work out, the $$$ from Eze was a positive but not if some of it wasn't spent properly which apart from Dickie, who I think is good as well, I don't see any of the new players making an impact! I was desperately hoping we would be just good enough to stay in the division and continue to crack on from there with our house in order, that doesn't look like the case at all and our DOF has to take massive blame all around, his time is up as well!
          You are using hindsight though. Back when window shut, the dealings looked okay, particularly given how many on here keep trotting out the fact we are a small-time club, crippled by EFL fine and with a miniscule budget. If you accept that as being true, I think our dealings in last window were pretty decent.
          Obviously, 20 games in, the new acquisitions look a bit ropey. But, ALL the players look ropey to me - it's like every player who steps on the pitch for us is horribly inconsistent and ineffective at the moment.
          It definitely, suggests to me that the basic training/tactics/set-up/approach are desperately flawed..... All down to Warburton, not Les.
          Whatever, this forum needs to stay on-track, organised and focussed. Go to the separate "Les Out" thread(s) to list the reasons for getting shot of the DoF. Meanwhile, keep the "Warburton Out" threads tightly focussed on the manager and with no shifting blame/responsibility elsewhere. We've heard all the mitigation for Warburton for 12 months now, it's all run out and expired - no more excuses, his time is up, he's gotta go.

Comment

I think Bonne could be very good for us has not been given a real chance yet. Offensive runs is much better than Dykes who looks like a headless chicken. Bonne scored 11 goals for relegated Charlton last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lepo View Post
              I think Bonne could be very good for us has not been given a real chance yet. Offensive runs is much better than Dykes who looks like a headless chicken. Bonne scored 11 goals for relegated Charlton last year.
              He looked like he needed glasses today.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

You are using hindsight though. Back when window shut, the dealings looked okay, particularly given how many on here keep trotting out the fact we are a small-time club, crippled by EFL fine and with a miniscule budget. If you accept that as being true, I think our dealings in last window were pretty decent.
                Obviously, 20 games in, the new acquisitions look a bit ropey. But, ALL the players look ropey to me - it's like every player who steps on the pitch for us is horribly inconsistent and ineffective at the moment.
                It definitely, suggests to me that the basic training/tactics/set-up/approach are desperately flawed..... All down to Warburton, not Les.
                Whatever, this forum needs to stay on-track, organised and focussed. Go to the separate "Les Out" thread(s) to list the reasons for getting shot of the DoF. Meanwhile, keep the "Warburton Out" threads tightly focussed on the manager and with no shifting blame/responsibility elsewhere. We've heard all the mitigation for Warburton for 12 months now, it's all run out and expired - no more excuses, his time is up, he's gotta go.
                Maybe if the players could stay on track and focused we wouldn't be in this mess, this forum isn't busy enough to abide by your off topic restrictions, I hardly think mentioning LF and players taking some of the blame is derailing the Warburton out agenda! I do however agree with your point about player inconsistency, whether that is because they just aren't good enough, coaching or a bit of both I really don't know, I am not backing MW, I have stated based on the record he should be sacked, there is lots of blame to go around!

@gatorTFC

Comment

I can only think of one QPR manager that have ever resigned in my time as a fan ( I'm in my mid 50s) and that's Gerry Francis ,has anyone else?,did Paul Hart quit as well?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

He looked like he needed glasses today.
                    He needs to be played in he's right position not fair otherwise. Would like to see him partner with Dykes 4-4-2.

Comment

Alan Mullery and Paul Hart must be the only ones who were more out touch with tactics, organisation etc...? With Olli and Jim Magilton coming close.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        I can only think of one QPR manager that have ever resigned in my time as a fan ( I'm in my mid 50s) and that's Gerry Francis ,has anyone else?,did Paul Hart quit as well?
                        Think Francis quit as he knew we couldn’t afford to pay him off for the good of a club that’s the quality Francis was

warbs needs to go do some coaching badges and not 1 page
                        anyone coming in that’s if we got the balls to sack him has got work to do as we’re a squad that’s lacking in basic skills which is worrying

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Alan Mullery and Paul Hart must be the only ones who were more out touch with tactics, organisation etc...? With Olli and Jim Magilton coming close.
                          Ray Harford , Stewart Houston and Paulo Sousa would be in my list .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Ray Harford , Stewart Houston and Paulo Sousa would be in my list .
                            Yes, they should all be included in an all time worst list....
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

I agree,

The squad is quite poor really, but the manager is not helping them or himself. What is there to lose by trying out a new system? I agree with Stainrod that Adomah is no use in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 but as a winger in a 4-4-2, he could provide crosses for the forwards.
                              How can we really judge Dykes and Bonne when they get so little service? They are not in the same league (not Literally of course) as Wells and Hugill, but the latter pair had Eze (along with the more freed up Chair and BOS) to feed chances to them.

MW has to take a really good look at how they are struggling to play football his way.

I expect he will be spared a sacking before Christmas, but unless he gets a win against Swansea or Norwich he could be sacked before the Luton game on 2nd January. If he manages to lose those 3 games, surely he won't keep his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

and the DoF.... he is massively culpable for this mess too (and gets off way too lightly)
                                I agree. He needs to go too. Do the club need him and his salary (someone on here posted £600k per year). I'm not sure what direction he thinks he is taking the club in, but for me it is downwards (from Premiership to League 1 at this rate).

Comment

Working...
                                X