Ferdinand's Gotta Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

You would have been the first one to moan if Manning was allowed to walk away for free, we have a bottom half championship budget and sadly that’s where we are .Look at the top 6 , parachute payments and big payers and that includes reading that have done the selling ground trick to finance it .we all want the club to move forward but it’s a slow process when you can’t fund it .
    No I would not because £150k is so good as a free. I would rather have kept him in the side, especially given that a different policy has been used for BOS. I think Manning in the side would have been as beneficial if not more so than BOS. At least Manning would have put in quality crosses for Dykes a d Bonne to attack.

I take your point about the top 6 and parachute payments etc, but what did we do with our parachute ppayments? We paid out the contracts of those overpaid players that the DoF was unable to shift.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

No I would not because £150k is so good as a free. I would rather have kept him in the side, especially given that a different policy has been used for BOS. I think Manning in the side would have been as beneficial if not more so than BOS. At least Manning would have put in quality crosses for Dykes a d Bonne to attack.

I take your point about the top 6 and parachute payments etc, but what did we do with our parachute ppayments? We paid out the contracts of those overpaid players that the DoF was unable to shift.
      Quick question who else would of taken Samba on 100k wages Barton 80k, SWP, Bosingwa Granero the list goes, we bought CR AP and paid over the odds for it on Wages we couldn't sustain I don't think you can blame Les for not being able to shift them on to be fair to him. The fall out of that balls up is the likes of Kane etc being employed now. Jesus im 50 and Id be pi44ed of Kane got a game infront of me.

Not a criticism of you Stan as I also think Dykes would of benefitted from Manning and would also of taken corners instead of Chair who's woeful so I do agree with most of your post, I just think Les is a messenger boy of Hoos and co, however we should of carried on doing what we were in BLM b2iiocks not swapping cos Millwall aint, make a decision stick to it.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Quick question who else would of taken Samba on 100k wages Barton 80k, SWP, Bosingwa Granero the list goes, we bought CR AP and paid over the odds for it on Wages we couldn't sustain I don't think you can blame Les for not being able to shift them on to be fair to him. The fall out of that balls up is the likes of Kane etc being employed now. Jesus im 50 and Id be pi44ed of Kane got a game infront of me.

Not a criticism of you Stan as I also think Dykes would of benefitted from Manning and would also of taken corners instead of Chair who's woeful so I do agree with most of your post, I just think Les is a messenger boy of Hoos and co, however we should of carried on doing what we were in BLM b2iiocks not swapping cos Millwall aint, make a decision stick to it.
        I know that no one would have taken them on it was just my way of pointing out that credit should not be given to Les for bringing down the wage bill because he only did it by spending all the parachute money paying those guys off. He didn’t do it by negotiating good deals for the club.

Comment

Working...
        X