Sheff wed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheff wed

Points deduction halved to 6 points on appeal .

Bad news for us and the rest of the struggling teams ,Wycombe now bottom of the league despite winning on saturday .

Comment

Corrupt FA they broke the rules end of, we should be appealing our punishment these other sides seem to break the rules and get away with it or a soft punishment.

Comment

Are we the only club to get a penalty that actually stood?...and a bloody massive one at that. I seriously don't understand why we can't appeal a £40 Million penalty (with costs etc) when Sheff Weds get a 6 point penalty...it's absolutley ludicrous.

Comment

What was the point in giving them a 12 point deduction when the fa goes and halves it? They obviously knew they were going take some off when they signed loads of players on deadline day. No way would they had joined if the 12 points were staying in place. Stinks of corruption which is funny as the 12 points were given for bring corrupt.

Comment

The EFL are a shambles. The 72 clubs should resign from it and start up something new, preferably with no foreign teams in it.

Comment

Agree with above pisses me off that no ones getting a proper punishment........other than us

Comment

#### take

Comment

Only saviour being that the owners said they'd pay the £17m fine personally without it going through the club's books. I assume that means that director loans are for operating losses and does not include any of this fine.

If it has played out that way and it wasnt spin then who cares? The owners messed up and they're paying it

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                    Are we the only club to get a penalty that actually stood?...and a bloody massive one at that. I seriously don't understand why we can't appeal a £40 Million penalty (with costs etc) when Sheff Weds get a 6 point penalty...it's absolutley ludicrous.
                    Our fine was £17m + EFLs legal costs of £3m, paid down interest free over 10 years. The club booked the fine as a liability worth £15m after discount it with a discount factor of six percent annually to reflext the interst free element.

I suppose we had our own legal costs of £1m+.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Only saviour being that the owners said they'd pay the £17m fine personally without it going through the club's books. I assume that means that director loans are for operating losses and does not include any of this fine.

If it has played out that way and it wasnt spin then who cares? The owners messed up and they're paying it
                      Yeah I get that and appreciate that the owners have done that, but the issue is that we are the ones that got a true punishment whilst Birmingham and Sheffield Weds got off lightly, never mind the blind eye turned for other clubs.

Both the EFL and FA are corrupt and inconsistent in their dealings.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yeah I get that and appreciate that the owners have done that, but the issue is that we are the ones that got a true punishment whilst Birmingham and Sheffield Weds got off lightly, never mind the blind eye turned for other clubs.

Both the EFL and FA are corrupt and inconsistent in their dealings.
                        Yup - double standards for bigger clubs. I guess that Sheff Wed argued that the 12 points would see them relegated and that could put them out of business when you add in the COVID impact?

Our FFP fine was a backlash from Faurlingate with Paladini allegedly stalling the hearing right up to the last game of the season making a points deduction after we won promotion very hard. We pushed our luck with the authorities on that one but we got our promotion. The FFP fine was revenge!

Comment

If SW stay up the team that fall will be screaming if they take their place

Comment

Working...
                          X