Thoughts and ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts and ratings

My god this team has sent my blood pressure to a record high, great first half, 2-0 could have been more, totally in control then Barbet did his usual #### trailing leg tackle, panic slowly sets in, all of the quality in the first half out the window, step forward Masterson to give away a moronic penalty, Dieng saves but has no luck with rebound.

I thought we were ####ed and would lose, step forward Dom Ball with a brilliant strike, whatever anyone says a deserved win that we did our best to throw away

Dieng 7. Couple of hesitant moments, and still kicking ball out of play
    Kane 7. Very solid, lovely goal
    Nico 7 much better game
    Masterson 5 before giving away penalty 6
    Barbet 4 does some things well, stupid tackle for penalty gave them undeserved momentum,
    Cameroon 6 solid, just goes about his business, passing still iffy,
    Adomah 7. Looks very useful at times, should have scored, fades after 50 minutes.
    Carroll 7 tidy game
    Chair 9 back to his best, worked his nuts off
    Bos 6. OK, decision making still poor
    Dykes 5. Works hard, not convinced he is good enough

Subs Willock 5 ok

And Finally Ball 10 MOTM, gold stars etc etc. Just for that goal, absolute cracker.

Could all have been so different at the end, sack Warburton blah blah, however even though we gave away 2 horrendous penalties I’m pleased his luck has changed, he cannot do anything when his players are that stupid doing what they did giving away ridiculous pens.

Not defending Barbet, but his tackle was initiated outside the area, momentum carried him to just inside the box, but it's now becoming a bit of a habit.
    Masterson decided he would rather play volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
      Not defending Barbet, but his tackle was initiated outside the area, momentum carried him to just inside the box, but it's now becoming a bit of a habit.
      Masterson decided he would rather play volleyball for his.
      You can't go to ground, especially in the box, it's just asking for trouble. His 6' slide was just ridiculous. I suppose you could say the problem started before the slide due to a chronic lack of marking and an iffy defensive line but these are things he needs to be sorting and organising so either way the buck stops with him.

Comment

Masterson had a good game apart from one crazy moment , Barbet however gave fouls away consistently all game .

Comment

Its come to whenever any player from another team gets into our penalty area I wince in pain that we will give them pens 100%. Awful feeling.

Comment

It's a funny game sometimes, many on here don't fancy Kane in the side at all and Ball has his detractors, they both had wonderful goals today! That was the best we have seen of Chair this season, Carroll I thought had a really good match, Dykes did a lot of running and opened up space, I want to see him scoring though, that's why we bought him, great character from the team to pull this out because after they levelled it looked like there was only going to be one team who could get all 3 points and it wasn't us!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              It's a funny game sometimes, many on here don't fancy Kane in the side at all and Ball has his detractors, they both had wonderful goals today! That was the best we have seen of Chair this season, Carroll I thought had a really good match, Dykes did a lot of running and opened up space, I want to see him scoring though, that's why we bought him, great character from the team to pull this out because after they levelled it looked like there was only going to be one team who could get all 3 points and it wasn't us!
              Chair was great first half , 2 moments of madness again change the game , if we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot we’d be ok .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Chair was great first half , 2 moments of madness again change the game , if we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot we’d be ok .
                Unfortunately that's a big IF Stainrod!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

would like to see dykes scoring from open play , but tonite it doesnt matter ... step forward dom ball

Comment

Why is it our defenders, if beaten near or in the box, are tempted to foul so often? How ‘bout giving out goalie a chance to make a save versus making game-changing mistakes?

Comment

Chair was given a bit more freedom up front with two natural wide men. Barbet, sorry, had no need to make that tackle and Mastersons penalty was just silly. Not stupid but silly.

Comment

P.S. turn the clock back.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          P.S. turn the clock back.
                          Cheers for the reminder, an extra hour's sleep potentially after a day of celebration is always welcome!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                            My god this team has sent my blood pressure to a record high, great first half, 2-0 could have been more, totally in control then Barbet did his usual #### trailing leg tackle, panic slowly sets in, all of the quality in the first half out the window, step forward Masterson to give away a moronic penalty, Dieng saves but has no luck with rebound.

I thought we were ####ed and would lose, step forward Dom Ball with a brilliant strike, whatever anyone says a deserved win that we did our best to throw away

Dieng 7. Couple of hesitant moments, and still kicking ball out of play
                            Kane 7. Very solid, lovely goal
                            Nico 7 much better game
                            Masterson 5 before giving away penalty 6
                            Barbet 4 does some things well, stupid tackle for penalty gave them undeserved momentum,
                            Cameroon 6 solid, just goes about his business, passing still iffy,
                            Adomah 7. Looks very useful at times, should have scored, fades after 50 minutes.
                            Carroll 7 tidy game
                            Chair 9 back to his best, worked his nuts off
                            Bos 6. OK, decision making still poor
                            Dykes 5. Works hard, not convinced he is good enough

Subs Willock 5 ok

And Finally Ball 10 MOTM, gold stars etc etc. Just for that goal, absolute cracker.

Could all have been so different at the end, sack Warburton blah blah, however even though we gave away 2 horrendous penalties I’m pleased his luck has changed, he cannot do anything when his players are that stupid doing what they did giving away ridiculous pens.

Agree with ratings and thought the team togetherness really showed and the 3points are what we need to get that confidence back for themselves and there was far less passing it around to no avail.

Comment

We went til the end and never settled for a draw that's a big plus , seeing them celebrate made my evening

Comment

Working...
                              X