Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with what we have

This is the way I see it.
    MW is literally playing to what we have right now.
    He has got us playing tighter and more cautious as we have no flair to kill game off.
    Our goals against is down to one a game.. that is halved from last season.
    Clean sheets.. a big improvement.
    Maybe in training MW is working on how to be more attacking at the same time as keeping us from being smashed on the counter attack.
    It might seem dire but keep the faith.
    beatmydemons.com

Let's just hope we stay up because let's face with without eze we're looking very dire. I understand you want to put a positive spin on things but we have no strikers anywhere near in the same class as wells
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Let's just hope we stay up because let's face with without eze we're looking very dire. I understand you want to put a positive spin on things but we have no strikers anywhere near in the same class as wells
      That’s obvious , Hugil and Wells dropped down from the prem to play for Us Dykes and Bonne are stepping up a level to play for us , it’s a work in progress , no point talking about strikers we can never afford .

Comment

i suppose the glass half full look would be we haven't let a goal in from open play for 3 games - the defence is Improving but at the detriment of the attack - No one has scored a goal against us form open play since the Middlesboro game ( 2 pens and an OG since) we need to find the Balance - MW needs to stick to a formation and Polish it. Letting Dykes flog himself to the ground for Scotland was a mistake and someone needs a word in his ear at the next international break. The new Players we have brought in are never going to replace Eze and Manning but given time we will be ok.

Comment

We are hard to watch, we have players than can excite but we are far too negative and when trying to play a possession game we often make bad passes giving the ball away.
          Let's be honest the 2 recent home games have been shocking., I take on board working with what we have etc but this does not change the fact we are too negative.

Comment

Slow tempo to nurse our squad through the season? NW has been very vocal about the schedule and the style of play may reflect his concerns. If that's the case say it's the strategy and dont blame the players for a lackluster first half. We need points and it's no point getting dragged into relegation battle on a whimper! We're averaging a 46 point finish right now which is too close to call so time to pick things up even if that causes a few injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
              We are hard to watch, we have players than can excite but we are far too negative and when trying to play a possession game we often make bad passes giving the ball away.
              Let's be honest the 2 recent home games have been shocking., I take on board working with what we have etc but this does not change the fact we are too negative.
              I don’t think anyone would have looked at that starting 11 yesterday and said it was negative.2 strikers , 2 wingers and chair in centre mid . It shows me we haven’t found the tactics or formation to get the best out of these players yet .

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                Slow tempo to nurse our squad through the season? NW has been very vocal about the schedule and the style of play may reflect his concerns. If that's the case say it's the strategy and dont blame the players for a lackluster first half. We need points and it's no point getting dragged into relegation battle on a whimper! We're averaging a 46 point finish right now which is too close to call so time to pick things up even if that causes a few injuries.
                Think MW has the better Idea to be honest, think the Players we have will have some good runs in the coming months, funny now how missed Eze is, I can remember people righting him off not so long ago, we are far from as good as we could be, breaking down Players in a panic for points now, I'm not seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                  I don’t think anyone would have looked at that starting 11 yesterday and said it was negative.2 strikers , 2 wingers and chair in centre mid . It shows me we haven’t found the tactics or formation to get the best out of these players yet .
                  Yes, it looked like a very attacking lineup, I'm a little surprised there wasn't better service to the strikers, I thought Chair had an average game at best and he is really counted on to make those important passes, BOS was a little selfish at times which I'm ok with, hopefully we can get this right but it's obviously not just on MW, the players have to do the business when they are played in these positions!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

The way I see it, we have tightened up at the back, but lost the genius of Eze.
                    So as the title says work with what we have.
                    But it ain't working.
                    Warbs needs to obviously keep it tight, but then the obvious tactic is to hit teams on the break.
                    Well that means being a damn sight more direct than the sideways and triangles in our half.
                    Although at home I think we need to be more attack minded anyway.
                    I get that if we have possession they can't score, but we keep losing possession they do score and then play us on the break.
                    Cause we don't break them down, and play pretty but non effective football

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      The way I see it, we have tightened up at the back, but lost the genius of Eze.
                      So as the title says work with what we have.
                      But it ain't working.
                      Warbs needs to obviously keep it tight, but then the obvious tactic is to hit teams on the break.
                      Well that means being a damn sight more direct than the sideways and triangles in our half.
                      Although at home I think we need to be more attack minded anyway.
                      I get that if we have possession they can't score, but we keep losing possession they do score and then play us on the break.
                      Cause we don't break them down, and play pretty but non effective football
                      I agree Dave , some people see direct football as banging it up to your 2 strikers but it doesn’t need to be like that . We can be more direct by getting it to our wide men quicker and moving the ball quicker etc. Otherwise teams do what you said , sit deep and pick us off on the break .

Comment

But this whole division is subject to enormous change and churn twice a year. You start the season with several new players and get a load more in midway through the season. If you constantly take the stance of "giving them time to bed in" you are essentially writing off about 20 games over the season. That is a ridiculous approach and frankly if you aim low you will finish low.
                        We have to demand far more from players - they need to hit the ground running and deliver NOW. Obviously there is enormous responsibility on hierarchy to get the right players in and on the manager to develop systems/patterns that players can easily pick up and get to grips with. The consensus is we had a decent window so hierarchy have done their bit.... It's time for manager and coaching staff to do their bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                          I agree Dave , some people see direct football as banging it up to your 2 strikers but it doesn’t need to be like that . We can be more direct by getting it to our wide men quicker and moving the ball quicker etc. Otherwise teams do what you said , sit deep and pick us off on the break .
                          Exactly mate, we were playing something similar not so long ago.
                          I seem to remember Lumley setting up a goal for BOS by a quick throw out.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            But this whole division is subject to enormous change and churn twice a year. You start the season with several new players and get a load more in midway through the season. If you constantly take the stance of "giving them time to bed in" you are essentially writing off about 20 games over the season. That is a ridiculous approach and frankly if you aim low you will finish low.
                            We have to demand far more from players - they need to hit the ground running and deliver NOW. Obviously there is enormous responsibility on hierarchy to get the right players in and on the manager to develop systems/patterns that players can easily pick up and get to grips with. The consensus is we had a decent window so hierarchy have done their bit.... It's time for manager and coaching staff to do their bit.
                            I pretty much agree with this , the board have backed the manager and it’s over to him now . Having said that I doubt many sides ( Brentford apart ) have lost a player of the calibre of Eze this season , add to that the turnover of players compared to other clubs , I still feel we are finding our way right now , time will tell if we eventually gel into a decent side .

Comment

We badly need to have tightened up after the last couple of seasons. Generally we have done that so far. Attacking wise Dykes has had a knock, Bonne signed late in window and not suited to lone striker role by looks of it and Uncle Albert and Willock very late arrivals. BOS aside we have all new attacking players. It is not just accommodating one or two additions going forwards but nearly everyone.

Personally I want to see what we look like going forwards say after another ten games once the new players have had a chance to play together and MW has a better idea how to use them in practice. On the face of it we have pace, ability to mix things up and potentially a couple of reasonable strikers at this level. That said, as Brian Clough used to say, football is played on grass not paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X