Luke Amos ACL tear !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the other knee this time.
    So that's one player gone for the season already.

Comment

We don’t know yet Dave! Sean Gallagher isn’t a consultant only a journalist

Comment

Did you miss the existing thread?
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Apologies

Comment

Originally posted by Deridene View Post
            Out for 6 months.
            really bad luck.
            If it is ACL it's usually more than 6 months. Thought the scan was tomorrow.

Comment

To be fair to Amos I thought he looked much sharper after COVID restart

The Fa need to look at the need of having caravan cup and small squads being overloaded in fixtures they sold soul to sky and players health paying price of workload

Comment

A lot of physios and medics are expecting huge numbers of players to break down over coming months due to the intense schedule of Project Restart, insufficient rest during close season and the grinding schedule of games being shoe-horned into a shorter time-period this current season.
                It'll probably be the same for all teams but clubs with a bit of depth to their squads will have an advantage. Bit of a bummer to lose Luke so early in the campaign though.

Comment

Most people I know would swap their zero hour contracts or 60 hour weeks with them to play 2 games a week and then go back to their nice homes in nice areas , I wish no injury on amos but the fella doesn't work hard enough

Comment

Official. Feel for him.

Many moaned at the lad, said he wasn't good enough, but I am massively disappointed. A cog in the team, that we'll noticeably miss now.

Comment

Seems Sean was right, he doesn't post crap, just facts.
                      Maybe a few on here should follow him

Comment

LUKE Amos will require surgery after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during our match with AFC Bournemouth at the weekend.

The 23-year-old midfielder was withdrawn from the action during the second half of our fixture at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.

Following a scan on Monday, QPR’s Head of Medical Services Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad confirmed: “Unfortunately the results of the scan are what we feared – Luke has ruptured his ACL in his right knee.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...urgery-201020/

Big shame

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          LUKE Amos will require surgery after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during our match with AFC Bournemouth at the weekend.

The 23-year-old midfielder was withdrawn from the action during the second half of our fixture at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.

Following a scan on Monday, QPR’s Head of Medical Services Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad confirmed: “Unfortunately the results of the scan are what we feared – Luke has ruptured his ACL in his right knee.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...urgery-201020/
                          ####ing shame, for the boy.
                          Could be a career changer.

Comment

Just when he had his best game & then gets this, a right kick in the teeth

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              Most people I know would swap their zero hour contracts or 60 hour weeks with them to play 2 games a week and then go back to their nice homes in nice areas , I wish no injury on amos but the fella doesn't work hard enough
                              It's got nothing to do with their application or work ethic. It's simple fact that load bearing joints and surrounding support structures cannot stand up to getting pummelled all year. Modern pitches aren't much help - they're artificial pitches in all but name, more plastic than grass in them. The carpet-like bonded surface of a modern pitch is a nightmare when it snags a stud. Warburton seems bright enough and our medics seem on the ball - I suspect we'll see a lot of squad rotation and team selections that look strange on the face of it but they will be recognising the need to give all players an occasional extra few days to regenerate muscles that are a breaking point.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

It's got nothing to do with their application or work ethic. It's simple fact that load bearing joints and surrounding support structures cannot stand up to getting pummelled all year. Modern pitches aren't much help - they're artificial pitches in all but name, more plastic than grass in them. The carpet-like bonded surface of a modern pitch is a nightmare when it snags a stud. Warburton seems bright enough and our medics seem on the ball - I suspect we'll see a lot of squad rotation and team selections that look strange on the face of it but they will be recognising the need to give all players an occasional extra few days to regenerate muscles that are a breaking point.
                                I had a long standing issue with my left knee. It was fine playing on grass but only lasted 60 minutes on a 4G pitch. I assume professional grass pitches today contain a similar compound to those old 4G pitches?

Playing two games a week as an amatuer is different to playing the same as a professional. Your performance levels have be high on all occasions. I heard an interview with an Campbell (Arsenal/Cardiff) who said that after the first few games of the season 90% of the squad are carrying some form of knock/minor injury that needs attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X