Clear All

• QPRDave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

You got any tips for him Ronnie?
    Apart from stay out of the club if you're in there!!
    Stay in your Chair and Hand Jive Dave, wet Dance Floors and Drunk old Men are not a match made in Heaven.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Gutted for Amos, looked great last game was looking forward to seeing if he had turned a corner.

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    if you look at coventrys 1st goal you will see amos strolling back when he should be busting a gut , what im getting at is he such a loss to the team ..i hope he recovers well and relises talent must go hand in hand with effort , heart and hard work . Injuries are down to luck i know footballers that have played in all 4 divs and anything can go at anytime . i always struggled with abductor muscle injuries and rest was the only thing that helped but id miss a month at a time

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

I have a problem with my right Knee, messed it up bad xmas before last, whent down hard in the 100 Club, wasn't my fault was the JD and Stella and some Tequila but such a great night, Haggis Horns playing.
    You got any tips for him Ronnie?
    Apart from stay out of the club if you're in there!!

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Sorry for Amos, but this should give another players chance in that CAM role i.e Chair or will allow MW a chance to play a 4-4-2 with BOS and Adomah or Willock on the wings.
    Willock can play there, but I wonder if Chair needs to be given first crack
    I don't think playing him wide does him any favours

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
    Just when he had his best game & then gets this, a right kick in the teeth
    I thought he played well too, others I have read, supposedly Rs fans were doing the usual he's crap and anonymous .... such experts

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Sorry for Amos, but this should give another players chance in that CAM role i.e Chair or will allow MW a chance to play a 4-4-2 with BOS and Adomah or Willock on the wings.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I had a long standing issue with my left knee. It was fine playing on grass but only lasted 60 minutes on a 4G pitch. I assume professional grass pitches today contain a similar compound to those old 4G pitches?

Playing two games a week as an amatuer is different to playing the same as a professional. Your performance levels have be high on all occasions. I heard an interview with an Campbell (Arsenal/Cardiff) who said that after the first few games of the season 90% of the squad are carrying some form of knock/minor injury that needs attention.
    I have a problem with my right Knee, messed it up bad xmas before last, whent down hard in the 100 Club, wasn't my fault was the JD and Stella and some Tequila but such a great night, Haggis Horns playing.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Feel for the lad but how’s the clubs luck , we give him a 3 year deal and he blows his knee within weeks .If this happens end of last season he returns to spurs and it’s not our problem.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post

It's got nothing to do with their application or work ethic. It's simple fact that load bearing joints and surrounding support structures cannot stand up to getting pummelled all year. Modern pitches aren't much help - they're artificial pitches in all but name, more plastic than grass in them. The carpet-like bonded surface of a modern pitch is a nightmare when it snags a stud. Warburton seems bright enough and our medics seem on the ball - I suspect we'll see a lot of squad rotation and team selections that look strange on the face of it but they will be recognising the need to give all players an occasional extra few days to regenerate muscles that are a breaking point.
    I had a long standing issue with my left knee. It was fine playing on grass but only lasted 60 minutes on a 4G pitch. I assume professional grass pitches today contain a similar compound to those old 4G pitches?

Playing two games a week as an amatuer is different to playing the same as a professional. Your performance levels have be high on all occasions. I heard an interview with an Campbell (Arsenal/Cardiff) who said that after the first few games of the season 90% of the squad are carrying some form of knock/minor injury that needs attention.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    Most people I know would swap their zero hour contracts or 60 hour weeks with them to play 2 games a week and then go back to their nice homes in nice areas , I wish no injury on amos but the fella doesn't work hard enough
    It's got nothing to do with their application or work ethic. It's simple fact that load bearing joints and surrounding support structures cannot stand up to getting pummelled all year. Modern pitches aren't much help - they're artificial pitches in all but name, more plastic than grass in them. The carpet-like bonded surface of a modern pitch is a nightmare when it snags a stud. Warburton seems bright enough and our medics seem on the ball - I suspect we'll see a lot of squad rotation and team selections that look strange on the face of it but they will be recognising the need to give all players an occasional extra few days to regenerate muscles that are a breaking point.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Just when he had his best game & then gets this, a right kick in the teeth

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    LUKE Amos will require surgery after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during our match with AFC Bournemouth at the weekend.

The 23-year-old midfielder was withdrawn from the action during the second half of our fixture at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.

Following a scan on Monday, QPR’s Head of Medical Services Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad confirmed: “Unfortunately the results of the scan are what we feared – Luke has ruptured his ACL in his right knee.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...urgery-201020/
    ####ing shame, for the boy.
    Could be a career changer.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    LUKE Amos will require surgery after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during our match with AFC Bournemouth at the weekend.

The 23-year-old midfielder was withdrawn from the action during the second half of our fixture at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.

Following a scan on Monday, QPR’s Head of Medical Services Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad confirmed: “Unfortunately the results of the scan are what we feared – Luke has ruptured his ACL in his right knee.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...urgery-201020/

Big shame

Leave a comment:

Working...
X