Smyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smyth

Good luck n show Charlton what you can do.

Very odd that he's gone out on loan with his contract expirying next summer. If he's that rated by L1 clubs surely theres £50k out there to buy him??????

Comment

Charlton fans slagging the boy off already.
      I thought I was on that QPR fantasy forum run by that brighon ####

Comment

What kind of player is he? I'm a CAFC fan and can't find much info on him - seems like a winger? His goal record last season doesn't look great on paper.

Thanks!

P.S. I hope Bonne does well - I think he's a little bit of a gamble but I can see him having an excellent career. He has his weaknesses but if he were a complete player he would be playing above all our levels.

When he joined Charlton, Orient fans warned that he needed 7 shots to get a goal and I've seen that in his game as he's not the best 1-1 finisher. If you have any negative fans they'll get on his back a bit. I think he improved in his year in the Championship though and got that down to around 4/5 shots for every goal in the end. However, he still has the capacity to frustrate at times.

He started league 1 in really poor form, hence why a lot of fickle CAFC fans were happy to see the back of him I think. He's not the quickest but is fairly strong and deceptively decent in the air, if it finally clicks for him he'll be prolific.

Personally, I would've much rather we kept Bonne, Washington looks ok at L1 level but nothing special and Bogle is a bit of an unknown quantity. However, if a player wants to go, you move them on - that's life in football outside the Premier League.

Comment

Smyth will do well if he can get a run of games and is allowed to find some form. He had pace and should give defenders problems if he can get a bit of confidence. Good luck to him. I hope he does a good job for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Not_a_QPR_Fan View Post
            What kind of player is he? I'm a CAFC fan and can't find much info on him - seems like a winger? His goal record last season doesn't look great on paper.

Thanks!

P.S. I hope Bonne does well - I think he's a little bit of a gamble but I can see him having an excellent career. He has his weaknesses but if he were a complete player he would be playing above all our levels.

When he joined Charlton, Orient fans warned that he needed 7 shots to get a goal and I've seen that in his game as he's not the best 1-1 finisher. If you have any negative fans they'll get on his back a bit. I think he improved in his year in the Championship though and got that down to around 4/5 shots for every goal in the end. However, he still has the capacity to frustrate at times.

He started league 1 in really poor form, hence why a lot of fickle CAFC fans were happy to see the back of him I think. He's not the quickest but is fairly strong and deceptively decent in the air, if it finally clicks for him he'll be prolific.

Personally, I would've much rather we kept Bonne, Washington looks ok at L1 level but nothing special and Bogle is a bit of an unknown quantity. However, if a player wants to go, you move them on - that's life in football outside the Premier League.
            Anything may do well in league 1 Peterborough wanted to buy him a year ago and they normally get cf right, I watched him come on for Wycombe v posh and posh struggled with his pace its electric quick I think he will do well for you as pace in league 1 can be rip open sides

Comment

The difficulty with Smyth and getting a view on him is he made a big splash initially. We had one draw and five defeats from the previous six games (typical Holloway form) and out of desperation he gave Smyth a game. Smyth scored and had a little run of games. Sadly he faded quickly and hasn't done an awful lot on loan since. Some people though still harbour ambitions of him being a messiah of some kind if only given a chance.

He has pace and like way he comes across. This season though is important for him and think Charlton good club for him to have gone to. If he doesn't make a big impression this season can see him playing League 1/2 for the rest of his career. At worst think he will be a useful option off bench. Hope he does well.

Comment

Working...
              X