Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    The difficulty with Smyth and getting a view on him is he made a big splash initially. We had one draw and five defeats from the previous six games (typical Holloway form) and out of desperation he gave Smyth a game. Smyth scored and had a little run of games. Sadly he faded quickly and hasn't done an awful lot on loan since. Some people though still harbour ambitions of him being a messiah of some kind if only given a chance.

He has pace and like way he comes across. This season though is important for him and think Charlton good club for him to have gone to. If he doesn't make a big impression this season can see him playing League 1/2 for the rest of his career. At worst think he will be a useful option off bench. Hope he does well.

Leave a comment:

• shaggy24
    replied
    Originally posted by Not_a_QPR_Fan View Post
    What kind of player is he? I'm a CAFC fan and can't find much info on him - seems like a winger? His goal record last season doesn't look great on paper.

Thanks!

P.S. I hope Bonne does well - I think he's a little bit of a gamble but I can see him having an excellent career. He has his weaknesses but if he were a complete player he would be playing above all our levels.

When he joined Charlton, Orient fans warned that he needed 7 shots to get a goal and I've seen that in his game as he's not the best 1-1 finisher. If you have any negative fans they'll get on his back a bit. I think he improved in his year in the Championship though and got that down to around 4/5 shots for every goal in the end. However, he still has the capacity to frustrate at times.

He started league 1 in really poor form, hence why a lot of fickle CAFC fans were happy to see the back of him I think. He's not the quickest but is fairly strong and deceptively decent in the air, if it finally clicks for him he'll be prolific.

Personally, I would've much rather we kept Bonne, Washington looks ok at L1 level but nothing special and Bogle is a bit of an unknown quantity. However, if a player wants to go, you move them on - that's life in football outside the Premier League.
    Anything may do well in league 1 Peterborough wanted to buy him a year ago and they normally get cf right, I watched him come on for Wycombe v posh and posh struggled with his pace its electric quick I think he will do well for you as pace in league 1 can be rip open sides

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Smyth will do well if he can get a run of games and is allowed to find some form. He had pace and should give defenders problems if he can get a bit of confidence. Good luck to him. I hope he does a good job for you.

Leave a comment:

• Not_a_QPR_Fan
    replied
    What kind of player is he? I'm a CAFC fan and can't find much info on him - seems like a winger? His goal record last season doesn't look great on paper.

Thanks!

P.S. I hope Bonne does well - I think he's a little bit of a gamble but I can see him having an excellent career. He has his weaknesses but if he were a complete player he would be playing above all our levels.

When he joined Charlton, Orient fans warned that he needed 7 shots to get a goal and I've seen that in his game as he's not the best 1-1 finisher. If you have any negative fans they'll get on his back a bit. I think he improved in his year in the Championship though and got that down to around 4/5 shots for every goal in the end. However, he still has the capacity to frustrate at times.

He started league 1 in really poor form, hence why a lot of fickle CAFC fans were happy to see the back of him I think. He's not the quickest but is fairly strong and deceptively decent in the air, if it finally clicks for him he'll be prolific.

Personally, I would've much rather we kept Bonne, Washington looks ok at L1 level but nothing special and Bogle is a bit of an unknown quantity. However, if a player wants to go, you move them on - that's life in football outside the Premier League.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Charlton fans slagging the boy off already.
    I thought I was on that QPR fantasy forum run by that brighon ####

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Very odd that he's gone out on loan with his contract expirying next summer. If he's that rated by L1 clubs surely theres 50k out there to buy him??????

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    started a topic Smyth

Smyth

Good luck n show Charlton what you can do.
Working...
X