• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smyth & Masterton

To be loaned out ?

Would rather keep them here.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...n-could-go-too

I think Masterson should stay - we are desperately short at CB - so unless they have a recall clause its crazy to let him go - i would actually prefer to see Dickie and Masterson together rather than the clown barbet. maybe they have a CB lined up.

Smyth - i think is to far down the pecking order to ever get an meaningful game time here

Comment

Can someone, anyone PLEASE explain to me why Smyth is 'the savior'.

Dont doubt he's quick and probably a good lad, but I dont think he's quite there or perhaps good enough for our current squad to be starting. With new lads in, he drops further down.

Many people keep having a pop saying he should start etc across social. But what evidence apart from the Cardiff goal is there?

Materson however is good enough to be on the bench, but given he's young he'd perhaps benefit from a year long loan which we can re-call him?

Comment

I don't see Smyth getting much game time and we maybe better off trying to get a fee for him if he's out of contract at the end of the season?

Masterson bit of a difficult one tbh as Warbs also has Cameron or Ball that can play Cb personally id rather Ball played there as he's a bit quicker but id prefer to get Flint on loan and let Masterson get a season in a tough in League one and he may come back better.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
          I don't see Smyth getting much game time and we maybe better off trying to get a fee for him if he's out of contract at the end of the season?

Masterson bit of a difficult one tbh as Warbs also has Cameron or Ball that can play Cb personally id rather Ball played there as he's a bit quicker but id prefer to get Flint on loan and let Masterson get a season in a tough in League one and he may come back better.
          I agree about Smyth. He is clearly not in MWs plans so we should try sell him now .
          I would rather see Masterson stay as he is a better option than either Cameron or Ball as a CB cover. If signing another CB like Flint, Saliba or the one from Spurs, then yes, a loan out for Masterson.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree about Smyth. He is clearly not in MWs plans so we should try sell him now .
            I would rather see Masterson stay as he is a better option than either Cameron or Ball as a CB cover. If signing another CB like Flint, Saliba or the one from Spurs, then yes, a loan out for Masterson.
            Pretty much on same line of thinking, If we did get flint he would add the bit of nastiness I feel we lack at times. Also I think Oteh needs to go on loan at least as he's just taking some kind of wage that personally I fail to see him ever making it.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              Can someone, anyone PLEASE explain to me why Smyth is 'the savior'.
              When Olly played him on the left wing I thought he was brilliant, but totally ineffective when he got tried out as CF. But for those few games on the wing he took on players, got some decent crosses in and looked keen to get involved in the games. He may have stood out in a very poor team, but I thought it was premature to send him out on loan and think he'd have be further ahead in his career had he stayed with us on the left wing.

He may not be good enough for our current team, but if I was him, I'd be thinking I havent been given enough of an opportunity. But if Charlton want him I'm sure he be keen to move on now.

May be not the saviour but perhaps hope he could fulfill that early promise by being given a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

When Olly played him on the left wing I thought he was brilliant, but totally ineffective when he got tried out as CF. But for those few games on the wing he took on players, got some decent crosses in and looked keen to get involved in the games. He may have stood out in a very poor team, but I thought it was premature to send him out on loan and think he'd have be further ahead in his career had he stayed with us on the left wing.

He may not be good enough for our current team, but if I was him, I'd be thinking I havent been given enough of an opportunity. But if Charlton want him I'm sure he be keen to move on now.

May be not the saviour but perhaps hope he could fulfill that early promise by being given a chance.
                That's fair, he did look good in his cameo's

But for the 18 games he's been involved in, 3-6 starting, I just cannot understand it personally. I think he has something to give, but he's 23 now and Gaz didnt overly rate him either.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

That's fair, he did look good in his cameo's

But for the 18 games he's been involved in, 3-6 starting, I just cannot understand it personally. I think he has something to give, but he's 23 now and Gaz didnt overly rate him either.
                  Agreed - he's gone backwards (or not progressed) since those loans. Had he stayed at the time he might have been a better player now.........??????

But I agree, he's not good enough now thats for sure.

Comment

Agreed - he's gone backwards (or not progressed) since those loans. Had he stayed at the time he might have been a better player now.........??????

But I agree, he's not good enough now thats for sure.
                    the following season, under Macca, I dont think he'd have got in much.

Chair, Freeman, BOS, Pav, Eze, Wells, Hemed, Big Smith, Washington,

One or two arguably weren't amazing, but I dont see Smyth starting in this lot, so I again dont see where his 'level is at'

Comment

We need pace when everyone's legs are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Thats what I think......long season.....pacey player on the bench itching to get on

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

sign me up then...

Comment

Working...
                          X