A tail of 2 sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tail of 2 sites?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading and occasionally contributing to this site and will continue to do so, however. I feel I need to point out the extreme contrasts today. I thoroughly recommend Clive’s brilliant ( as always) piece on LFW about Ebere’s departure and what it portends. On the other hand, the shameful insults being traded on James N’s thread ( which I followed because it was interesting and in the hope that it would return to topic) was sad and embarrassing. I really hope we can remember that we are all on the same side, that rumours are fine - we can all decide whether to take them seriously- and that this site should be a safe place for all of us. As JN would say - don’t shoot the messenger. Please.

Nice post and I agree. I joined this forum in 2009 because it was called fantasy island and I love a good rumour
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

good post!
      I've heard Messi really liked training at LR and wants a move to QPR... nice little rumour.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        Nice post and I agree. I joined this forum in 2009 because it was called fantasy island and I love a good rumour
        yes & we all like a good rumours, but it seems when insider puts some up it starts off Fordy with his stupid comments & all hell breaks loose like last night & that idiot side kick Rickson, it’s got to be stopped!

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
          Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading and occasionally contributing to this site and will continue to do so, however. I feel I need to point out the extreme contrasts today. I thoroughly recommend Clive’s brilliant ( as always) piece on LFW about Ebere’s departure and what it portends. On the other hand, the shameful insults being traded on James N’s thread ( which I followed because it was interesting and in the hope that it would return to topic) was sad and embarrassing. I really hope we can remember that we are all on the same side, that rumours are fine - we can all decide whether to take them seriously- and that this site should be a safe place for all of us. As JN would say - don’t shoot the messenger. Please.
          Well said that man.
          I really don't get why a small minority of posters have to ridicule and insult Insider or JN.
          If you don't like it, just ignore it.
          We have one on here who only looks at newsnow and then pretends he's itk, and not a cheep from the usual suspects.
          I just enjoy the transfer window and sometimes the links come true

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Well said that man.
            I really don't get why a small minority of posters have to ridicule and insult Insider or JN.
            If you don't like it, just ignore it.
            We have one on here who only looks at newsnow and then pretends he's itk, and not a cheep from the usual suspects.
            I just enjoy the transfer window and sometimes the links come true
            i agree and think the insult trading on here gets ridiculous but there is a difference between posting a rumour and posting cryptic clues that just p$S people off.

if they just said we are linked with (Name) and were prepared to be right or wrong then no one would care ..its the childish games that do mine and a lot of others heads in.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

i agree and think the insult trading on here gets ridiculous but there is a difference between posting a rumour and posting cryptic clues that just p$S people off.

if they just said we are linked with (Name) and were prepared to be right or wrong then no one would care ..its the childish games that do mine and a lot of others heads in.
              Bang on , no need for the cryptic nonsense, you either have some info or you don’t.

Comment

I only call out insider as he’s never got one of his so called rumours right, I don’t think I’m in the wrong for doing that. If you can post lies then surely you’ve got to take people challenging that. He’s a snowflake and ends up getting angry when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Although......if they are genuinely accurate, naming names in an open forum could lose the club a player.

Comment

Although......if they are genuinely accurate, naming names in an open forum could lose the club a player.
                    yes ya right ...append before on here. Gaffa done his nut.

Comment

really - do you think that's the case - i would love to know which players were lost because it was posted on a site such as this. I think other factors like no cash or being outbid by clubs with bigger budgets may have more to do with it than somebody claiming to be in the know naming names

Comment

Why do people insist on taking this all so seriously?

You can't "call someone out" because a rumour doesn't come true - it's just a rumour. Nobody wins anything for getting things right so why #### them off if it turns out not to be true?

If you get annoyed about vague or cryptic posts then I would suggest that internet forums are probably not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

You can't "call someone out" because a rumour doesn't come true - it's just a rumour. Nobody wins anything for getting things right so why #### them off if it turns out not to be true?

If you get annoyed about vague or cryptic posts then I would suggest that internet forums are probably not for you.
                          So you can freely lie but can’t call it out. Righto pal. So basically on this forum you have to pretend every rumour is true or you’re a naughty boy and you’ll upset people. What a load of b.ollocks

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

Cuts both ways though doesn't it? If you get annoyed by vitriolic or abusive posts I would suggest that internet forums are probably not for you also.

Yes, this forum has its fair share of puerile mindless guff but over the years I've got tickets for sold-out games from people on here and lots of useful titbits about going to away games so I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Cuts both ways though doesn't it? If you get annoyed by vitriolic or abusive posts I would suggest that internet forums are probably not for you also.

Yes, this forum has its fair share of puerile mindless guff but over the years I've got tickets for sold-out games from people on here and lots of useful titbits about going to away games so I'm happy to take the rough with the smooth.
                              No, it doesn't cut both ways when the abusive posts spoil the whole thread for everyone else. You can't compare posting a transfer rumour to someone hurling personal insults at another poster just for trying to contribute to a thread.

And it doesn't really annoy me. It makes me sad and I genuinely feel embarrassed for those involved. I'm happy to ignore it but since this thread is all about the issue then I posted my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X