No announcement yet.

Warbs on talksport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will need more than 2/3 signings. I’m hoping he means maybe buys and we will work the free contract market as well.

We need at least one CB arguably two of Warburton gets his wish to send Materson out on loan for the season.

I think our rb situation needs to be addressed as Kane as looked Shaley at time’s and I personally think Kakay is a cb.
    I really hope the links to Dickie have legs as he’s a class player and him and Barbet would be a very good partnership next season.
    If Manning departs then we would defintely need to replace him as none of would want to rely on Wallace for the season.

In the CDM role we have Amos, Cameron and Ball and you could argue we need more, hence the link to Watson which I think would be a shrewd bit of business after his
    perfmomaces last year.

On the wing we have mido, smyth, BOS and right now it looks like BOS is more than likely leaving than staying so I’d argue we need more cover here and ideally someone with champ experience.

Chair will more than likely get the chance to be the main man this season in the number 10 role but if Eze does go it’s going to be crucial we get in another creative
    match winner to compete with him.

Up top we need at least two more strikers as Dykes in a unknown quantity and our options are pretty
    limoted beyond him.

Even if we kept BOS and Manning and only lost Eze we’d need 5 or 6 signings and more of the two mentioned above go as well.

Comment

I agree about Kakay being better as a CB. That’s where I’d play him.

Comment

I’ll be honest I’m happy with how club seem to be moving forward. I think New forward looks a handful I’d like another cf, we’re not wage busting and looks like we got a plan at last.

I won’t be convinced les is the best man for his job but we have some stability and that’s what we’ve all been after for a while

Comment

I absolutely loved the big spending days,I can't deny it.
          I had never seen anything like it at QPR, in 44 years of being a fan.
          But it didn't work for us.
          This is QPR, buying low, selling high.
          Buying from lower divisions, making them better, selling them on.
          Les Ferdinand, who I have verbally attacked for his scrooge like ways, knows better than anyone how the club operates best, I will admit that.
          We have the perfect manager, and Chris Ramsey to nurture the younger talent.
          It doesn't work us behaving like Man utd or scumsea.
          We don't get the respect we deserve from players.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            I’ll be honest I’m happy with how club seem to be moving forward. I think New forward looks a handful I’d like another cf, we’re not wage busting and looks like we got a plan at last.

I won’t be convinced les is the best man for his job but we have some stability and that’s what we’ve all been after for a while
            Who is the best man for the job if you were recruiting his replacement? And what attributes would that person have that Les doesnt?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              I absolutely loved the big spending days,I can't deny it.
              I had never seen anything like it at QPR, in 44 years of being a fan.
              But it didn't work for us.
              This is QPR, buying low, selling high.
              Buying from lower divisions, making them better, selling them on.
              Les Ferdinand, who I have verbally attacked for his scrooge like ways, knows better than anyone how the club operates best, I will admit that.
              We have the perfect manager, and Chris Ramsey to nurture the younger talent.
              It doesn't work us behaving like Man utd or scumsea.
              We don't get the respect we deserve from players.

​​​​​​
              I was the opposite I hated that era . The second season under Hughes and then Redknapp done it for me . I couldn’t watch over paid players not giving a #### about my club . I gave up my season ticket and have never renewed. Started to go a lot more over the last few years as it feels more like the club I grew up supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I was the opposite I hated that era . The second season under Hughes and then Redknapp done it for me . I couldn’t watch over paid players not giving a #### about my club . I gave up my season ticket and have never renewed. Started to go a lot more over the last few years as it feels more like the club I grew up supporting.
                I agree to some point.
                I was pleased that we could spend but disappointed at how it was spent and on players who didn't give a @÷@÷ .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Me too and only went to one game in the prem. The competition stinks and is only good for background noise when having a Sunday drink.

I have more respect for the likes of Norwich who used the same squad and their fans are in for a great season again fight for promotion again. Good young players there and money in the bank. It nearly went badly wrong for Villa after spending the best part of £100m and it just ain't worth the risk or the meltdown that follows.

Comment

For most of the lockdown games we couldn't name full quota of subs and likes of Barnsley and Luton were able to name more subs than us. Assuming the wantaways go, I reckon we need 8-10 new faces compared to what we had against WBA last month if we are to put out a full competitive match-day squad over coming 8 months or so. We have a few in thus far but there is some way to go yet. I'm wondering if we'll actually be able to name a credible 25-man squad at the moment, but, there's a few weeks to start of season and ages til window shuts so let's see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      For most of the lockdown games we couldn't name full quota of subs and likes of Barnsley and Luton were able to name more subs than us. Assuming the wantaways go, I reckon we need 8-10 new faces compared to what we had against WBA last month if we are to put out a full competitive match-day squad over coming 8 months or so. We have a few in thus far but there is some way to go yet. I'm wondering if we'll actually be able to name a credible 25-man squad at the moment, but, there's a few weeks to start of season and ages til window shuts so let's see what happens.
                      We have 4-5 players involved yesterday who are in their early 20s and I dont think these count in the 25 man squad? I think these lads are credible subs after coming through our U23s. But yes, we need more experience in the squad. Not included due to age:

- Masterson
                      - Bettache
                      - Gubbins
                      - Ramkilde
                      - Alfa

Possibly a few others?

Comment

Working...
                      X