Warbs on talksport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbs on talksport

Just after 9am this morning. Only caught the last few seconds.

anyone listen to it all? Any mention of incoming or outgoing transfers?

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Just after 9am this morning. Only caught the last few seconds.

anyone listen to it all? Any mention of incoming or outgoing transfers?
    I didn't hear it but there's a new article on the offy where he says "two or three more in"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

I didn't hear it but there's a new article on the offy where he says "two or three more in"
      Is that it, two or three more? I hope the club have more in mind.

We have lost Hall, Pugh Rangel already on top of Wells Scowen and the 2 loanees who left in January. Add Hugill to that list that makes 8 and only 2 have been added, Dykes and Thomas. Then we still have 4 players who could still be sold. Even if none of them leave, we will still be well short on last season.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Is that it, two or three more? I hope the club have more in mind.

We have lost Hall, Pugh Rangel already on top of Wells Scowen and the 2 loanees who left in January. Add Hugill to that list that makes 8 and only 2 have been added, Dykes and Thomas. Then we still have 4 players who could still be sold. Even if none of them leave, we will still be well short on last season.
        Missed out Amos! If no one else leaves 3 more should be ok unless Eze or BOS goes then that’s a different kettle of fish

Comment

No he didn't miss out Amos because he was here last season. He did miss Clarke out although he was a replacement for one of the early loanee returns.

Comment

Rangel is cancelled out by Kakay.
            Masterson has made the grade and cancels out Hall
            Chair will also be a regular and therefore an addition.
            Leistner may play out his final year.
            Wallace may be fit enough with Hamaleinen as cover for Manning
            Will Smyth and Shodipo be given a chance?

But if we lose Eze and BOS we will surely still need another five players minimum. It really depends if our younger fringe players are deemed good enough to make the step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Missed out Amos! If no one else leaves 3 more should be ok unless Eze or BOS goes then that’s a different kettle of fish
              Not really as I didn't add him as a new signing because he was in the squad last season and has now joined permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                Rangel is cancelled out by Kakay.
                Masterson has made the grade and cancels out Hall
                Chair will also be a regular and therefore an addition.
                Leistner may play out his final year.
                Wallace may be fit enough with Hamaleinen as cover for Manning
                Will Smyth and Shodipo be given a chance?

But if we lose Eze and BOS we will surely still need another five players minimum. It really depends if our younger fringe players are deemed good enough to make the step up.
                Masterson was part of the squad last season. Chair played in most games last season either as a starter or from the bench.

Kakay was also part of the squad and had 1st team experience from the previous season.

If only 2 or 3 come in and no one is sold we will still be down on last season because I very much doubt that Smyth will be an adequate replacement for Wells.

Yes, he will have to utilize the young fringe players and hope they do better at it than Oteh.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Not really as I didn't add him as a new signing because he was in the squad last season and has now joined permanently.
                  Does it really matter that much?

Comment

MARK Warburton says he has been pleased with the impact of his summer acquisitions thus far, as the R’s boss looks to add ‘two or three’ more players to his squad with the start of the new Sky Bet Championship season drawing ever closer.

After their first full week of pre-season training, Rangers welcome AFC Wimbledon to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium for a friendly tomorrow (Saturday, kick-off 1pm).

Speaking to www.qpr.co.uk, Warburton told us: “They new boys are settling in really well.

“It’s been great to welcome Luke [Amos] back. It was a great loan move for him, QPR and Tottenham last year because it worked and now we’ve got him on a three-year deal. I’m absolutely delighted to get Luke on that contract.

“Lyndon’s [Dykes] come down and settled straight in. He’s a likeable guy and he’s working hard – I’ve been very impressed by him.

“Likewise George [Thomas]. He wants to push on now – he’s been involved with Leicester’s Under-23s and the Welsh national squad and wants to cement down a first-team spot, as all the guys do. It’s been great to see his desire, attitude and quality.

“The boys have settled in very well and I hope very much that we can have two or three more players coming in. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes in a difficult market and difficult conditions.”

Talented attacking duo Ebere Eze and Bright Osayi-Samuel continue to be linked with moves away from QPR.

Warburton explained: “Obviously, we’ve got a question mark over certain players – that’s been well documented for many, many weeks. But those guys have applied themselves really well.

“All credit to them. Their job is to focus on football. Players come in, and players go out. All you can do as a professional athlete is concentrate on what you can control – how you apply yourself, how you train and how you work. Let the agents and the various other people at higher pay grades get on with the rest.

“If you work on your game, there is not much more you can do. As I said, those guys deserve a lot of credit for how they’ve applied themselves.”

Ahead of Saturday’s visit of Wimbledon, Warburton added: “I’m sure the squad will change significantly in the coming days and weeks. We want some additions to come in, and we’ve got to make sure we look after each and every player.

“The first game has come round quick and we have to treat it as part of our training programme, but whenever you go into any game, supporters want to win. So it’s making sure we apply ourselves.

“All the guys will get pitch time and it’s really important that they get that exposure, to make them understand what it’s like to be part of the first-team squad at QPR.

“You could turn around and say that they were only off for three weeks, having played nine games in a short period, so their fitness levels haven’t dropped as much as they normally would.

“That’s absolutely correct – but we’ve got to look after them. You don’t want to lose players to niggles right now. The players have worked really hard this week.

“Some of the boys will play for 45 minutes tomorrow and then run at half-time. Others will play an hour and then run at the end of the game.

“We’ve got to get the loadings right for each individual.”

Comment

George [Thomas]. Have I been asleep? I don't recall mention of him before.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                        George [Thomas]. Have I been asleep? I don't recall mention of him before.
                        https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...mas-joins-qpr/

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...embley-to-w12/

Comment

Clearly I have been asleep

Thank you.

Or Maybe not?

I have a notification about a Tom Lockyer thread, but get the following message when following the link.

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                            Clearly I have been asleep

Thank you.

Or Maybe not?

I have a notification about a Tom Lockyer thread, but get the following message when following the link.

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."

The member who created the Tom Lockyer thread, deleted it, hence why you received the error message.
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

The member who created the Tom Lockyer thread, deleted it, hence why you received the error message.
                              OK. Ta !

Comment

Working...
                              X