BFG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFG

Do we want him to stay ? I think whoever comes in ain't gonna be much better experience wise then our big German.
    I for one would like him to stay another season.

But he doesn’t want to!

Comment

We are stuck with him for the time being and he is probably our top earner .Not a great situation to be in , hopefully a German side will take him on a free transfer , we may to pay a proportion of his wages though to get him off the books , same as we’d like West Ham to do for Hugil.

Comment

Think it all depends on our recruitment. If we can't get rid of the bfg then he has to start in my opinion. Bit of a donkey but strong in the air and would be fine if we have some pace alongside him. If we can't loan him out then he should start. We need to go back to basic with our defending
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Think it all depends on our recruitment. If we can't get rid of the bfg then he has to start in my opinion. Bit of a donkey but strong in the air and would be fine if we have some pace alongside him. If we can't loan him out then he should start. We need to go back to basic with our defending
          ''A bit of a donkey'' who's earning £16k a week. When we signed him 2018 we had seriously started our cost cutting so those wages seem huge. If we are prepared to give him a free transfer surely it's better to keep him than paying out a couple of million to buy another CB? I think we'll struggle to get him off the books for some reason.

Comment

He played in every game in the German top tier for FC Cologne when he went there .......but he is a donkey

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              He played in every game in the German top tier for FC Cologne when he went there .......but he is a donkey
              Plenty good enough for our mid table aspirations. He may want to play in Germamy but for his money he should finish his contract with us if there are no takers. Hes a professional and he signed the contract. I don't think therrs huge money in German football and with the crowd restrictions it will be hard to find a home for him on thise wages.

Comment

Let's be frank, the club's handling of BFG over past 12-15 months has been shambolic. We were not exactly blessed with an abundance of defensive talent over that period either, the decision to apparently dump him seems a bit thick-headed and has now put us in a position where he's disaffected and probably happy to just sit his contract out.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  Let's be frank, the club's handling of BFG over past 12-15 months has been shambolic. We were not exactly blessed with an abundance of defensive talent over that period either, the decision to apparently dump him seems a bit thick-headed and has now put us in a position where he's disaffected and probably happy to just sit his contract out.
                  It was a financial decision at a time when we were cutting our wage bill . Grant Hall came into the same category.

Comment

Plans change, managers change, circumstances change and sh1t happens. You can't plan for everything and not everything works out even if you do plan for it. Especially when people are involved.

Oh, and whatever does go wrong is Les's fault.

Comment

It was my understanding that BFG wanted to move back to Germany. That may have been mixed with his realisation that he wasnt first choice. I'm not convinced the club acted in a shambolic way, quite the opposite, the arrangement seemed to suit both parties.

But if we cant find him a new German home then he should come back to London and play out his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Perhaps weare could get his boots out again, obviously so much better.
                        Probably too good for QPR

Comment

He is costly, but is good enough for this level and may be hard to replace, unless the club can find a similar quality defender for a few hundred thousand pounds and pay him around £5kpw.

It’s not surprising he doesn’t want to come back because the manager doesn’t rate or want him.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            It was my understanding that BFG wanted to move back to Germany. That may have been mixed with his realisation that he wasnt first choice. I'm not convinced the club acted in a shambolic way, quite the opposite, the arrangement seemed to suit both parties.

But if we cant find him a new German home then he should come back to London and play out his contract.
                            By failing to take decisive action back then we burnt our boats. It's all well and good showing a player the door but you need to get rid of them, not just some sort of fudge that parks the player for several months only. Bizarre thing for me is I'd put BFG in the team ahead of every single one of the defensive players we had last season and moreso now Hall has gone. I admit that's a very low bar and not a resounding endorsement of BFG but it's a fair assessment of the pecking order I feel.
                            Dunno what goes on behind closed doors and it's a mystery why Warburton wanted rid. Whatever the reason, I can't see how BFG can come back without undermining Warburton and his judgement. Still, as it's football anything is possible I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

By failing to take decisive action back then we burnt our boats. It's all well and good showing a player the door but you need to get rid of them, not just some sort of fudge that parks the player for several months only. Bizarre thing for me is I'd put BFG in the team ahead of every single one of the defensive players we had last season and moreso now Hall has gone. I admit that's a very low bar and not a resounding endorsement of BFG but it's a fair assessment of the pecking order I feel.
                              Dunno what goes on behind closed doors and it's a mystery why Warburton wanted rid. Whatever the reason, I can't see how BFG can come back without undermining Warburton and his judgement. Still, as it's football anything is possible I suppose.
                              You may well be right.

TL is a clear the lines type of defender and MW probably didnt think he had the ability to play out from the back, which is the style he wants. To have TL is the side it would need a keeper to kick out which results in the midfield battle for possession.

Comment

Working...
                              X