No announcement yet.

Bright off to Club Bruges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's basic business, it's very tricky selling something for more than anyone wants to pay.
    Unless you put a Gun in their mouth.

Comment

/Blackpool could cash in on Bright Osayi-Samuel transfer from QPR to Belgium

Blackpool could receive an unexpected cash boost from Bright Osayi-Samuel’s move from QPR to Belgium.

The winger is in advanced talks with Club Brugge, who are expected to sign the ex-Seasider for a fee of around £4.75m.

The Gazette understands Blackpool did negotiate a sell-on fee as part of the deal that took Osayi-Samuel to Loftus Road

So Looks like we getting less then ?

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...elgium-2918093

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Blackpool could receive an unexpected cash boost from Bright Osayi-Samuel’s move from QPR to Belgium.

The winger is in advanced talks with Club Brugge, who are expected to sign the ex-Seasider for a fee of around £4.75m.

The Gazette understands Blackpool did negotiate a sell-on fee as part of the deal that took Osayi-Samuel to Loftus Road

If a promotion clause in the Furlong sale is rumour and should be ignored then so should this story.

For all correct information and latest news please visit www.qpr.co.uk

Comment

So it's seems Bright was off to whoever, anywhere but staying here.
          The one thing he was adamant about was, QPR are not the club for him.
          According to west London sport he made it clear he would not agree to any deal with QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            Been turning down bids since January so every club would have known he’s available. Where’s all the interest Also from other clubs , he’s in last year of his contract . Club would be accused of running down his value . Can you tell me how to negotiate a price up with one interested party ?
            Can you answer this, how do Brugges know there is no other interest in BOS. The club can bluff that others are interested, although it isn't really false, because Fenerbache are rumoured to be along with a few others.
            Also, when other clubs have sold a few players they might also be keen on a young, fast, strong winger who is improving every season. Ferdinand and co haven't got a clue how to drive a hard bargain.

Comment

I said this was likely to be the case on Friday last week. This is another reason why the club are wrong to agree to such a fee.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

If a promotion clause in the Furlong sale is rumour and should be ignored then so should this story.

For all correct information and latest news please visit www.qpr.co.uk
                The website usually just says things like undisclosed fees.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  So it's seems Bright was off to whoever, anywhere but staying here.
                  The one thing he was adamant about was, QPR are not the club for him.
                  According to west London sport he made it clear he would not agree to any deal with QPR.

Don't blame him at all. The club has no real ambition and has an under qualified DoF.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Can you answer this, how do Brugges know there is no other interest in BOS. The club can bluff that others are interested, although it isn't really false, because Fenerbache are rumoured to be along with a few others.
                    Also, when other clubs have sold a few players they might also be keen on a young, fast, strong winger who is improving every season. Ferdinand and co haven't got a clue how to drive a hard bargain.
                    No offence Stan but we are going over old ground . We turned a bid down of £3 million in jan and have negotiated it up to £4.7 million , he has 11 months left on his contract but you want to sit and wait for more bids while his value is dropping week on week because him and his agent hold the cards .If there were better offers on the table I’m sure the club would have accepted them .Do you want another Austin situation where we could have had £16 million but ended up with £4 million because we waited to long .

Comment

If there is any truth to this sell on clause, which I am guessing would be 20-30% of any profit, then surely we will be putting a similar thing in place for the deal with Brugge. At least we have something extra possible for the future, otherwise a overall figure of around £3.5 million is a pretty poor outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post

If there is any truth to this sell on clause, which I am guessing would be 20-30% of any profit, then surely we will be putting a similar thing in place for the deal with Brugge. At least we have something extra possible for the future, otherwise a overall figure of around £3.5 million is a pretty poor outcome.
                        We had one on sterling and apparently have one on Furlong , so it works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

We had one on sterling and apparently have one on Furlong , so it works both ways.
                          Yes, but what I am saying is that while I have been unhappy with the reported £4.75 million upfront, I would be more content if say a 30% sell on clause is inserted in the deal, as I have a suspicion that Brugge is another stepping stone move for BOS. I guess this is a wait and see if we get any more details of the deal when it is finalised.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post

Yes, but what I am saying is that while I have been unhappy with the reported £4.75 million upfront, I would be more content if say a 30% sell on clause is inserted in the deal, as I have a suspicion that Brugge is another stepping stone move for BOS. I guess this is a wait and see if we get any more details of the deal when it is finalised.
                            Agree , hopefully that happens .

Comment

Just as a bit of a comparison Reading are selling John Swift ( who I rate highly ) to Sheff Utd for £3.5 million .Are they being ripped off or is that a reflection of the market right now ?

Comment

Bargain.
                                Hope we can benefit from a few inwards
                                ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X