Enjoy the young uns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the young uns

Because Les is readying us for the the inevitable departures this summer.
    On newsnow in Kilburn Times.
    Can't do links on my phone

We have no choice, Eze, Bright and Manning’s contracts run out and we have to cash in

Little old Les getting is terribly wrong again and QPR lose out on millions. Normal operating clubs, Bristol
    City, Brentford etc are not clumsy with player contracts and they maximise their sales. QPR panic and are forced to sell

Does anyone remember that interview recently live with Warbs, Hoos and Les and Les said we are in control of what we do and who we sell, well that’s a lie because we are forced to sell/hope for best case scenario

Evil Les is so cr@p at his job it’s ridiculous.
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Sad fact that the Championship is purely a feeding ground for the wonderful PL clubs and their need for home grown players on their benches.

Comment

Eze was signed after being rejected by numerous clubs, Manning was signed whilst playing a No 10 role from the Irish League and Samuel was a fast but raw player at Blackpool. So what at the time warranted them being given super duper long term contracts? What would have been said if the likes of Wheeler had been given long term contracts. The old case of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Eze was signed after being rejected by numerous clubs, Manning was signed whilst playing a No 10 role from the Irish League and Samuel was a fast but raw player at Blackpool. So what at the time warranted them being given super duper long term contracts? What would have been said if the likes of Wheeler had been given long term contracts. The old case of hindsight is a wonderful thing.
          Absolutely and at the time of the long contracts being handed out to the likes of SWP many on here were moaning about why the club was crippling itself with lengthy contracts

Dammed if the do - dammed if they don't

Comment

In the club we have to trust but we are all welcome to have a moan.

Comment

Players have all been offered new deals but agents have told them they can earn much more elsewhere.Nothing the club can do but cash in , which is what a club of our size should be doing anyway , won’t stop certain posters bashing the club though.

Comment

The lure of big money , cars , birds who can blame them ... This season we've been lucky enough to see some cracking play going forward with eze , Bo's and chair but we are a small club and success brings the agents in with the promises of mega money .it's just the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  The lure of big money , cars , birds who can blame them ... This season we've been lucky enough to see some cracking play going forward with eze , Bo's and chair but we are a small club and success brings the agents in with the promises of mega money .it's just the way it is
                  Agree 72.
                  But.....how is that a recipe for success?
                  The reason we were relegated all those years ago from the prem, was year on year selling.
                  I think we can all agree that Eze is an exceptional talent that doesn't come along in every crop.
                  So we won't with all probability see the likes of him, for a number years.
                  Yes we have Chair, but he could go yet.
                  Just can't see us having the same wonderful attacking options again for a long while.
                  And then let's face it Warbs will get the boot, and we'll have another JFH.
                  Make no mistake, I think MW is the reason these boys have shone so brightly.
                  And as you say we are a small club, and this picking off of the young talent will just continue.
                  Gone are the days of, building a team to get to the top, they just get put in big boys reserves.
                  Sky money has ruined the game

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Agree 72.
                    But.....how is that a recipe for success?
                    The reason we were relegated all those years ago from the prem, was year on year selling.
                    I think we can all agree that Eze is an exceptional talent that doesn't come along in every crop.
                    So we won't with all probability see the likes of him, for a number years.
                    Yes we have Chair, but he could go yet.
                    Just can't see us having the same wonderful attacking options again for a long while.
                    And then let's face it Warbs will get the boot, and we'll have another JFH.
                    Make no mistake, I think MW is the reason these boys have shone so brightly.
                    And as you say we are a small club, and this picking off of the young talent will just continue.
                    Gone are the days of, building a team to get to the top, they just get put in big boys reserves.
                    Sky money has ruined the game
                    Don't agree with that Dave. The reason was that we spent craploads on new players without much thought or care for the players that actually got us there in the first place. Ended up with a really toxic dressing room and a team of players on long term contracts with no incentive to play for the badge. Plus a mullet-headed w@nker at the helm.

In my opinion....

Comment

Sorry Buff, I didn't make it clear, I was harping back to the 90's not the recent foray into the premier league.

Comment

Ah sorry, my bad. Got a bit triggered there - I'm still sore about it obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                          Ah sorry, my bad. Got a bit triggered there - I'm still sore about it obviously.
                          No worries mate, agree with your assessment myself

Comment

The comments apply to both periods. I thought Dave was talking about the more recent 'adventure' too till I got to the mullet bit.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                              We have no choice, Eze, Bright and Manning’s contracts run out and we have to cash in

Little old Les getting is terribly wrong again and QPR lose out on millions. Normal operating clubs, Bristol
                              City, Brentford etc are not clumsy with player contracts and they maximise their sales. QPR panic and are forced to sell

Does anyone remember that interview recently live with Warbs, Hoos and Les and Les said we are in control of what we do and who we sell, well that’s a lie because we are forced to sell/hope for best case scenario

Evil Les is so cr@p at his job it’s ridiculous.
                              Thought the club had activated the clause in BOS & Manning's contract of a year extension, I know that doesn't mean they won't be sold but at least we may get a fair price for them, though I'm not sure with the so called DOF in charge and his current selling record has been abysmal

Comment

Working...
                              X