Warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton

Does Warbs have a plan B then ? We got well beat at home by Swansea and thumped by Forest yet we’ve gone to both their grounds and got solid draws in both .

​​​​​​

Comment

My take on it is Cameron , Ball , Rangel and Pugh in the side make us harder to beat . Not quite as nice on the eye as Chair and Amos but needs must right now .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        My take on it is Cameron , Ball , Rangel and Pugh in the side make us harder to beat . Not quite as nice on the eye as Chair and Amos but needs must right now .
        Nothing against Chair and Amos but we have more spine with Cameron and Ball in front of the back 4 especially on the road!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

The one thing we seem to be missing, in games like today's, is a desire to score. There was clearly no urgency to push forward, to press forward, and the few times we did there was an abject absence of touch and ability.

You can look at today's result in two ways. One, we tied a good team while being largely outplayed on their home pitch. Two, we were destined to do no better than a tie because we lacked appetite on offense.

One last thing. Once we are truly clear of relegation, can we use the balance of the season to experiment a bit, to see what combo of players and/or tactics can attempt or sustain a win when we really want/need one?

Comment

"Experiment a bit "

yikes!

Not again surely. OK, perhaps only if we are absolutely cast iron guaranteed to be completely arithmatically safe beyond any doubt whatsoever.

we've been there too often.

Comment

My own take on it is we had massive change in the summer and understandably it has taken a long time to get to grips with that number of new players. We couldn't buy a clean sheet for ages. I'm getting the impression Warburton now has a clear idea of who to select for what type of game. If we need to play ugly to try and nick a point we do that.

Creatively what has killed us has been Wells going (nothing could be done about that) and Malaker (however you spell it) not working out. Hugill is a hard working lump but with no foil and no alternative. That means we have gone from looking very good going forwards at times to having to play more defensively as we lack the cutting edge we had.

Kelly looking decent in goal and Barbet has come back looking strong. Manning has been rested.

Overall happy enough. We are, and will be for a while, work in progress but some quite remarkable progress made given the gamble we made in the summer of such wholesale changes.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                My own take on it is we had massive change in the summer and understandably it has taken a long time to get to grips with that number of new players. We couldn't buy a clean sheet for ages. I'm getting the impression Warburton now has a clear idea of who to select for what type of game. If we need to play ugly to try and nick a point we do that.

Creatively what has killed us has been Wells going (nothing could be done about that) and Malaker (however you spell it) not working out. Hugill is a hard working lump but with no foil and no alternative. That means we have gone from looking very good going forwards at times to having to play more defensively as we lack the cutting edge we had.

Kelly looking decent in goal and Barbet has come back looking strong. Manning has been rested.

Overall happy enough. We are, and will be for a while, work in progress but some quite remarkable progress made given the gamble we made in the summer of such wholesale changes.
                A very good post! He has done really well with what he has available on has been able to figure out his best lineups from his somewhat limited options!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Think he has been a little unlucky to lose Barbet for so long, pretty sure we would be Top 10 had he remained fit ! And that would have been fantastic with the resources he has.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

This just about sums it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

A very good post! He has done really well with what he has available on has been able to figure out his best lineups from his somewhat limited options!
                      I don't agree at all. He has not done really well. I'm sick of people giving him a "free pass" due to our apparent poverty. Our finances are no worse than many other clubs in this league - are PNE and Blackburn rolling in cash for instance? Just judge Warburton on what we've seen on the pitch.... He's a 5 out of 10 at best in my view.
                      Going forwards, our income is going to be more or less the same - does this infer we should always accept top 6 is beyond us and be content with finishing in bottom third every season? I will never in a million years accept that a manager who loses more games than he wins is doing "very well" - for Pete's sake, it's unacceptable!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I don't agree at all. He has not done really well. I'm sick of people giving him a "free pass" due to our apparent poverty. Our finances are no worse than many other clubs in this league - are PNE and Blackburn rolling in cash for instance? Just judge Warburton on what we've seen on the pitch.... He's a 5 out of 10 at best in my view.
                        Going forwards, our income is going to be more or less the same - does this infer we should always accept top 6 is beyond us and be content with finishing in bottom third every season? I will never in a million years accept that a manager who loses more games than he wins is doing "very well" - for Pete's sake, it's unacceptable!
                        Did Blackburn or pne have to clear out all their top earners to avoid ffp and have to rely on kids and free transfers ? No in fact Blackburn brought in high earners Bradley Johnson , Stewart Downing and kept their star player Bradley Dack so no comparison.

Comment

Working...
                        X