Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally...no more playing from the back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally...no more playing from the back!

Finally, MW figured it out and instructed Lumley to kick the ball upfield versus nervously, and often badly, playing from the back. Lumley looked so much better and more confident. The CBs lack of pace didn’t cost us. And with two strikers on offense we frequently looked dangerous.

Took him long enough. Better late than never I suppose.

Comment

If times right play from back by all.means but don't be a mug and do it every time

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsmanjake View Post
        If times right play from back by all.means but don't be a mug and do it every time
        Yes, a couple of times we were forced to knock it around at the back to get out of trouble, our experience of having played like that most games served us well!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Look at how Lumley played today. Best game in a very long time. Because he didn’t have to play kitty kakka with the ball and our slow CBs, his whole game felt lifted. And with two strikers up front, long goal kicks may be our optimal way to play it until we draft better, faster defenders.

Comment

He's a good manager and a perfect fit for our club, and I like how he wants to play.
            But he is also big enough to realise these players can't play that way.
            BFG doesn't become rubbish over night, we have to play to our players strengths.
            MW must be kept on for another two or three years imo, as his style is exciting and watchable.

Comment

Shame MW didnt learn from Ollie's experience of putting square pegs into round holes. Just cant understand a team trying to play like Barcelona with championship players.

Comment

He musta av listened to us fans. Or read on here

Comment

Sounds crazy, but I don't think you're far from the truth!

Someone must have influenced the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                    Sounds crazy, but I don't think you're far from the truth!

Someone must have influenced the change.
                    I wonder if managers/staff/players read boards??

Comment

Think is pretty likely. Someone needs to gauge the temperature of fans emotions, general opinion etc.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post

I wonder if managers/staff/players read boards??
                        Alledgedly they do.It is part of their Football Education
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X