A Message to Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Message to Mark

We love your grit and enthusiasm, and on balance feel you are a great match for a modest budget team looking to create stability and future success.

The style of play IS more entertaining these days, and fans believe we can hang in games with just about anyone.

Yet in line with your oft repeated statement that you respect the "paying customers", we ask that you be unafraid to call it like it is.

The defense is a shambles right now. Say it, own up to it, then promise that it has become priority number one to fix.

Lumley looks shell-shocked (again), is slow to distribute, and shows absolutely no leadership. Kelly isn't much better TBH. We need a veteran goalie who can lead by example.

As for the CBs, we clearly need to bring Kakay back from loan (+ Niko at season's end) while recruiting speed during the summer. Play Masterson now -- how can he be any worse than those we now suffer through every game?

Finally, what happened to our sense of pace and urgency on the pitch, of being on the front foot, of taking it to the opposition for 90 straight minutes? Get the players in a room, and show them the first half of the Luton game, the best 45 minutes of football QPR has played in years. Do that, and QPR can return to being the team no other squad wants to play, versus the sieve that every opposing goal scorer can't wait to play.

Cheers.

He cannot say that. He don't wonna upset the dressing room.

Comment

Agree with the post above, when did you ever hear Fergie criticise his players publicly? Or Wenger, Or Bobby Robson.....any of the top managers in this country down the years, never publicly do it.
      Warbs has and is doing an unbelievable job, some of our attacking play is a joy to watch .
      I know BFG is getting all the blame, but I don't think Hall is up to it either.
      We desperately need another one, maybe two CBs.
      Our GKs are very low on confidence, and so maybe a gk.
      I feel another striker is needed, I don't see Malaker pushing the other two hard enough.

Comment

I agree with that.

I think that the tactic of passing the ball to the keeper so frequently is asking for trouble. Neither keeper is good enough on the ball and nor are the defenders to play their way out from the back.

The best way to stop conceding a minimum of goals per game is to keep the ball away from your own penalty area.

Off the top of my head, QPR have conceded 4 goals just from getting the keeper involved in the build up play, Bristol City, Luton, Middlesboro and Fulham. None of those needed to go back to Lumley.

As for Mlakar, he looks real $hite and QPR should look into cutting his loan deal early and getting someone else in.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          The best way to stop conceding a minimum of goals per game is to keep the ball away from your own penalty area.

As for Mlakar, he looks real $hite and QPR should look into cutting his loan deal early and getting someone else in.

I'd certainly send Mlakar back and go out and get a CB.

No point having Mlakar at all IMO

Comment

Working...
          X