Still defense-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still defense-less

We are all thrilled by what Warbs and the team have achieved thus far -- clearly the most exciting brand of football we've seen in years.

Now comes the selfish part -- we can actually compete for the playoffs this year IF we square away our defensive woes.

IMHO, we need to get two players in the window: (1) another CB -- clearly Grant Hall is going to remain injury-prone, attested by his nearly month-long absence of late, and we're not sure yet if Masterson can fill his boots; and (2) a veteran goalie -- wish either Kelly or Lumley could show promise, but it's hard to see either improving all that much -- Lumley still looks like he lacks confidence out there, and both he/Kelly rarely make a difficult save.

If we are truly playoff-calibre, we need to make one or both moves.

And I dread to think what will happen if we sell Eze. BUT; this win was sooo sweetso let`s enjoy ourselves while we can...
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      We are all thrilled by what Warbs and the team have achieved thus far -- clearly the most exciting brand of football we've seen in years.

Now comes the selfish part -- we can actually compete for the playoffs this year IF we square away our defensive woes.

IMHO, we need to get two players in the window: (1) another CB -- clearly Grant Hall is going to remain injury-prone, attested by his nearly month-long absence of late, and we're not sure yet if Masterson can fill his boots; and (2) a veteran goalie -- wish either Kelly or Lumley could show promise, but it's hard to see either improving all that much -- Lumley still looks like he lacks confidence out there, and both he/Kelly rarely make a difficult save.

If we are truly playoff-calibre, we need to make one or both moves.
      we just won at Hull the first time in 49 years. is that the first thing you could think about 15 mins after the final whistle?

Comment

Goals win games and for me its all about creating and scoring. Keep doing that and we will win more than we lose. We've not in honest truth had a real quality centre half since macca, peacock and parker days. Hall has potential but can't stay fit so hugely frustrating. Quite like just not having nervous in the starting line up every WK under Holloway. Great result and no reason why we can't finish top 6 with a manager that knows what he's doing. Players will stay for that sake alone.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I'd actually say Ryan nelson was probably our last decent centre half who could read the game and was a rock
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            I'd actually say Ryan nelson was probably our last decent centre half who could read the game and was a rock
            Clint Hill ?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

we just won at Hull the first time in 49 years. is that the first thing you could think about 15 mins after the final whistle?
              No, I don`t think so, but he`s spot on isn`t he? Myself, I nearly chocked on my coke, when they reduced to 2-3.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

I’m sure warbs knows what we need to improve , we nearly signed that Aberdeen centre back for big money in summer and I agree about an experienced keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

No, I don`t think so, but he`s spot on isn`t he? Myself, I nearly chocked on my coke, when they reduced to 2-3.
                  probably but surely that's for another day - what about Mannings goal curled with the outside of his foot or the way Eze completely ran the show - their first goal was class by bowen and the their second a crazy charge from his goal by kelly - kelly stays on his line or his 6 yard box he saves that shot!

but we won enjoy the moment - its the most open championship for years and we are in the mix!

Comment

The beverage kind?

Comment

We are doing much much better than anyone expected and on a shoe string, I'm enjoying it big time and I know they'll be loses here and there so they don't bother me too much; we never lose because of a lack of effort or commitment, we're just crap some days or come across a strong side/ side gust has a good day.

PS We're on telly Tuesday, can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

probably but surely that's for another day - what about Mannings goal curled with the outside of his foot or the way Eze completely ran the show - their first goal was class by bowen and the their second a crazy charge from his goal by kelly - kelly stays on his line or his 6 yard box he saves that shot!

but we won enjoy the moment - its the most open championship for years and we are in the mix!
                        Indeed we are..
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post

The beverage kind?
                          yess
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

To be fair the OP has a perfectly valid point.

The facts are that there are only 2 teams who have conceded more than us and they are the bottom 2 clubs.

Sort our #### poor defence out and we could do well this year.

Let's see what January brings as I'm sure MW and LF know where we need strengthening.
                            They can start by replacing Hall.
                            Total waste of a wage and shirt number.

Comment

yess
                              Sorry babe.

Comment

Working...
                              X