No announcement yet.

Eze over Taraabt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 goals and 21 assists....not a team player !?

Comment

Eze got a long way to go before he can even be talked of in the same sentence as Adel, lets see how consistent Eze becomes, he stated last season like a world beater and quickly faded as the season went by, with many calling him lazy, me included, and many asking for him to dropped at one stage, Lets not put to much burden on him, lets see how it goes, he's started very well,

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        For me Eze is the better TEAM player and isn’t far off in terms of technical ability. The transfer fee we get for Eze inn the next year will confirm this as well. Class player
        Were you around in 2010/11?
        Eze is class and I love him, but he's got a long way to go to be Taarabt of that season. Absolutely untouchable

Comment

For me Eze is the better TEAM player and isn’t far off in terms of technical ability. The transfer fee we get for Eze inn the next year will confirm this as well. Class player
          Not sure you can compare, at all.

Eze is a wonderful young player with his feet firmly on the ground.

Adel was the opposite but my god, he was doing things Eze isn't at his age. Plus, he was smashing it week in week out, which Eze is slowly achieving.

Comment

Adel on his day was different gravy , greedy and infuriating , sublime , lazy a genius ... Eze shows promise and I hope he goes far but in real footballing terms he couldn't lace adels boots

Comment

We relied too much on Adel. If he had an off game or was injured we were crap. The team revolved around him. Yeah he was brilliant on his day (Swansea at home stands out) but don’t forget 6-0 at the cottage and his bus ride home. Don’t forget how tolerant his team mates had to be. Don’t forget NW had to kiss his ring piece. Don’t forget what he’s done since. I would take Eze any day of the week.

Comment

Adel was The Man. Eze is nowhere near being the maverick genius Adel was before he went insane.

Comment

Adel got fans of other teams watching QPR.

Comment

We relied too much on Adel. If he had an off game or was injured we were crap. The team revolved around him. Yeah he was brilliant on his day (Swansea at home stands out) but don’t forget 6-0 at the cottage and his bus ride home. Don’t forget how tolerant his team mates had to be. Don’t forget NW had to kiss his ring piece. Don’t forget what he’s done since. I would take Eze any day of the week.
                    Isnt that just good management by NW. SAF went further with Cantona and is regarded as one of the greatest man managers ever.

​​​​​Lucky for a genius to come to a team once in 25 yrs...why not pamper them when they turn up at your door. The mistake NW did was not going further. Instead of giving the likes of JB and SWP massive contracts ..NW should have given AT £80k pw and built the prem team round him.

Comment

Eze is good and I'm glad we have him playing well at the moment, but Adel was completely on a different planet to any player in the squad at the moment and probably one of the best players the championship has ever had, albeit was only for one season

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Were you around in 2010/11?
                        Eze is class and I love him, but he's got a long way to go to be Taarabt of that season. Absolutely untouchable
                        Exactly .on another thread someone posted our current manager is the best ever. Not sure some would do well in a QPR pub quiz.

Comment

good to see Tarbs is getting it back together on the pitch

Comment

I see similarities when they’re on the ball, yes Adel was a little
                            better for us in that sense but off the ball eze makes tackles and tracks back now. He also doesn’t need to be molly coddled and have the side completely built around him.

I’m loving watching Ebere!
                            I get your point to some extent, but Taarabt was on a different level that season and he scored or created something like 40 goals. Yes the team was built around him and yes , he didn't track back, but that was partly because Warnock wanted it that way so that Adel could do what he was best at...destroying the opposition in attack.
                            Last edited by stanistheman; 24-09-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

a

Right now we should be comparing the two based on their performances in the Championship not the Premiership. Taarabt rarely had an off day in the Championship as the stats of 19 goals and 21 assists in 40 odd games. True, his team mates had to be tolerant but they got rewarded for that with a Championship winners medal and they and the fans got a season that will live on in memory for years to come.

Hopefully Eze will be able to do the same.

here is a reminder of what Adel was capable of.(apologies for the explicit language if it offends). If only he had kept his head screwed on and focussed on his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1sjppuJ9P4
                              Last edited by stanistheman; 24-09-2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Yeah I get the general consensus about Adel he was a crowd pleaser and class above anyone that season. I just remember him towards the end and his attitude I guess. I’ll accept them as different players but man Eze is looking class at the moment and long may it continue!

Comment

Working...
                                X