5 Takeaways from Vienna Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Takeaways from Vienna Friendly

1. Eze, Furlong, Scowen (and at times Hall) were tremendous today, and will come to represent our stalwarts from the past. Eze in particular seems ready to have a breakout season if Warburton can figure out ways to surround him with speed, aggressiveness, and players who can finish a play
    2. Amos, Ball and Niko look promising, and could play meaningful roles this season
    3. Barbet looks shockingly bad -- hope this was just an off day at the office for him, but his opener was fully horrific -- look forward to seeing Rangel and Wallace auditions for the back four in the coming weeks
    4. No finish...again - Oteh missed a chip shot, and others in or near the box showed little confidence in going for goal -- this remains a signature QPR weakness, and suggests the search for veteran strikers should be intensified
    5. Looks like Warburton wants all goal kicks played out to the fullbacks; McClaren tried then abandoned this last season cause we didn't have the right horses to pull that off; we still don't
    This was a good scrimmage for a very new squad, and I'm sure the coaching staff AND the players will learn much from it. Given the team we faced today is well down the path of their preseason, I'd rate this opener a solid "B".

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    1. Eze, Furlong, Scowen (and at times Hall) were tremendous today, and will come to represent our stalwarts from the past. Eze in particular seems ready to have a breakout season if Warburton can figure out ways to surround him with speed, aggressiveness, and players who can finish a play
    2. Amos, Ball and Niko look promising, and could play meaningful roles this season
    3. Barbet looks shockingly bad -- hope this was just an off day at the office for him, but his opener was fully horrific
    4. No finish...again - Oteh missed a chip shot, and others in or near the box showed little confidence in going for goal -- this remains a signature QPR weakness, and suggests the search for veteran strikers should be intensified
    5. Looks like Warburton wants all goal kicks played out to the fullbacks; McClaren tried then abandoned this last season cause we didn't have the right horses to pull that off; we still don't
    This was a good scrimmage for a very new squad, and am sure the coaching staff AND the players will learn much from it. Given the team we faced today is well down the path of their preseason, I'df rate this opener a solid "B".
    Couldn’t agree anymore about Amos, Ball & Niko

Them 3 & Ryan Manning were brilliant
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

Couldn’t agree anymore about Amos, Ball & Niko

Them 3 & Ryan Manning were brilliant
      Forgot to note Ryan re his abilities on free kicks; we need a reliable replacement for Freeman there and Manning may be our best bet at the moment to help fill those very big shoes.

Comment

Absolute non sense . JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
          Absolute non sense . JN
          I do find you brilliant on this forum, you also said on another thread that Amos was off the pace which even tho I disagree with you I can’t find myself to correct you

I agree qprtanpa, Mannings set plays were very good
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          And many more mistakes

Comment

I do find you brilliant on this forum, you also said on another thread that Amos was off the pace which even tho I disagree with you I can’t find myself to correct you

I agree qprtanpa, Mannings set plays were very good
            Personally agree with quite a bit of what was said at the start of this thread, but that’s what makes football worth watching . Re Amos thought he looked slightly unfit - showed by their first, couldn’t track their man, perhaps that’s why he was taken off at half time? JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

Personally agree with quite a bit of what was said at the start of this thread, but that’s what makes football worth watching . Re Amos thought he looked slightly unfit - showed by their first, couldn’t track their man, perhaps that’s why he was taken off at half time? JN
              Yes, I think you’re right regarding why he was subbed off at half time

i don’t want to hammer Eze in preseason because I’ll be slating him all season but Eze with a sloppy pass was why we conceded the first goal. Liability imo. I can’t wait for Chair to take his chance & get Eze out of the side
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              And many more mistakes

Comment

Keep up the negativity and judgement lads.... kin disgrace

Comment

i don’t want to hammer Eze in preseason because I’ll be slating him all season but Eze with a sloppy pass was why we conceded the first goal. Liability imo. I can’t wait for Chair to take his chance & get Eze out of the side
                  I thought Eze was great. Yes he gave it away but it was so high up the pitch it’s harsh to pin it on him- you want him to try passes like that in pre season. Eze was playing wide so wouldn’t be surprised if him and chair both play together, one centrally one out wide. Scowen decent AM but technically limited imo. JN

Comment

Why would you want our best young player out of the side. It’s rather strange the hate Eze gets from fans. Seen it on twitter too. The kids got class and we are lucky to have him. Most teams in this league would bite your hand off for a young talented player like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post

Why would you want our best young player out of the side. It’s rather strange the hate Eze gets from fans. Seen it on twitter too. The kids got class and we are lucky to have him. Most teams in this league would bite your hand off for a young talented player like him.
                      I agree with this assessment. Eze has more natural ability than anyone else on this squad right now, but he also ended last season crushed in confidence. If Eze were plugged into a very decent, well-schooled squad right now he’d excel. Thought he did well today; and like suggested above can’t wait to see if he and Chair can develop on-field chemistry.

Comment

barbet scored on his debut
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                          barbet scored on his debut
                          He had a mare

Comment

We knew before the game that we will need strengthening to compete next season ,this game only confirmed that so no surprises .

Comment

Did Kelly scare you ?

Comment

Working...
                              X