• Show
Clear All

• Mark Warburton

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qp...cessor-report/

I would be happy with him

Comment

Same, my first choice too.

Comment

I would be happy with him to, especially ahead of the likes of Moore, Sherwood , Bircham and Appleton. In fact I will cancel my ST renewal if any of those are appointed.

Comment

Would be happy with Warburton.

Comment

Happy with this, if true, wouldn’t mind Bowyer as young up and coming but Warburton probably a safer option.

Comment

Looking at who's available Warburton has the most loaf.

Comment

Not unhappy with Warburton, as long as he and the owners stick to a plan, but what happened to waiting for end of season to see if anyone else comes available (Jacket) ?

Comment

Could be able to set the foundations for a good side as was the case with Gordon Jago and then Terry Venables. Once a good foundation is set, any Manager can come in and continue the good work. It was when we went off our line, that way back in 1996 we lost our place as a solid good Premier league side and never recovered. I likened our side then to the present Bournemouth side that are achieving miracles on such limited resources. Its the decision makers that stable a club and the principles adopted that leads to success. I think, and hope, that Warburton will be the solution to our lost identity.

Comment

Out of the options mentioned by media, Warburton would also be my choice, but Moore, Calvalhal and Bowyer could also work out - they have decent track record. Sherwood is obviously a no go for me and feels a bit like McClaren's appointment; you know instantly that it will never work out.

Bircham, as much as I liked him as a player, is too inexperienced and therefore too risky. Appleton and Pearce are a bit down my priority list. I am surprised Ainsworth seems to have disappeared from the shortlist, but Warburton is definitely a safer option.

The only disappointment is that Les & co don't seem to look abroad for good candidates. I don't have statistics at hand, but I have a feel that foreign managers on balance have done better than UK managers during the last decade; not at least in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      Could be able to set the foundations for a good side as was the case with Gordon Jago and then Terry Venables. Once a good foundation is set, any Manager can come in and continue the good work. It was when we went off our line, that way back in 1996 we lost our place as a solid good Premier league side and never recovered. I likened our side then to the present Bournemouth side that are achieving miracles on such limited resources. Its the decision makers that stable a club and the principles adopted that leads to success. I think, and hope, that Warburton will be the solution to our lost identity.
                      Hopefully you are right. Most of the last 20 or so years has been a car crash. Our record with youngsters is quite shocking during that period. Whilst I believe some fans overstate how good our youngsters are it is extremely encouraging we have started to bring players through to the first team at all after so long.

Warburton seems a sensible choice although just paper talk at the moment. A few solid candidates amongst the dross.

Comment

Best of a bad bunch, did well with Brentford
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Moneyball..! Get in !

Comment

Not against this appointment, but then i wasn't against Mac either.
                            Only really good manger we've had in the last 10 yrs was Sir Neil of The Springer Spaniel

Comment

What about Mark Warburton with Marc Bircham as assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X