Want to avoid relegation in 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to avoid relegation in 2020?

The answer in one word: DEFENSE. As much as we'd like to bring in a herd of new players, including proven goal scorers, the budget won't allow almost any of that. Assuming we lose Freeman to money, and don't renew Pav, Bidwell, Lynch, Cousins and others, let's endeavor to make QPR one of the hardest (versus this year's easiest) teams to score on. IMO, that means keeping Furlong, Hall and Leistner in the middle; Rangel (if we can re-sign him on loan) and Kakay on the right; Manning on the left. Then...recruit and sign two more potential heavyweights there (CB and LB). If we can sell Lumley for a decent price, recruit an older vet who can teach the young ones coming up behind him. Yes, we want strikers who can score. Yes, we want a midfield not constantly outrun and overrun. Yes, we want a manger who keeps his word about a commitment to youth. But if we had to choose ONE thing, invest in defense. with everything we have got. Then, and only then...start building a team for the future.

DEFENCE, that’s the word your looking for qprtan

Comment

[QUOTE=Qprtanpa1;n2514031]The answer in one word: DEFENSE. As much as we'd like to bring in a herd of new players, including proven goal scorers, the budget won't allow almost any of that. Assuming we lose Freeman to money, and don't renew Pav, Bidwell, Lynch, Cousins and others, let's endeavor to make QPR one of the hardest (versus this year's easiest) teams to score on. IMO, that means keeping Furlong, Hall and Leistner in the middle; Rangel (if we can re-sign him on loan) and Kakay on the right; Manning on the left. Then...recruit and sign two more potential heavyweights there (CB and LB). If we can sell Lumley for a decent price, recruit an older vet who can teach the young ones coming up behind him. Yes, we want strikers who can score. Yes, we want a midfield not constantly outrun and overrun. Yes, we want a manger who keeps his word about a commitment to youth. But if we had to choose ONE thing, invest in defense. with everything we have got. Then, and only then...start building a team fr the future. [/QUOTE i'd agree with that

Comment

We also have to cope with teams like Blackburn, Rotherham, Preston and other teams from Northern England.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

No GOALS - We need to score more than we concede!

Comment

Draws are great,but you get to many u can still be in trouble,you need to win games to stay up,and to do this you need a good defence but a clever midfield and a decent goal scorer
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

In one word..PACE
              not Line of Duty Police and Criminal Evidence Act (1984) PACE even though to be fair some of our football is criminal bur Peregrine Falcon pace

Comment

Kakay is useless plus Manning would get found out by any decent winger.

Comment

With FFP still shafting us were in for another long hard slog imo.
                  ideal scenario is a striker that's found from obscurity from what I've seen lower leagues I wouldn't bother so probably need to look abroad for one or a half decent loan.
                  1 back up or 1st choice keeper
                  at least 1 experienced cb
                  1 lb assuming bidwell trots off
                  keep Rangel

freeman bound to go elsewhere and get chair and Smyth into the squad. I think if Smyth or BOS fed off smith at least its proper pace which we have had none off from Hemed Wells or smith

is there any light at the end of our tunnel !

Comment

Like idea of finding a striker abroad who’s a relative unknown. And agree that we need to become a team of pace. Yet for me we must rebuild the core strength of this team from the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                      Like idea of finding a striker abroad who’s a relative unknown. And agree that we need to become a team of pace. Yet for me we must rebuild the core strength of this team from the back.
                      I hope leistner and furlong can cope for a season ones quick the others a all in defender with Rangel adding bit more savvy as well just need a lb then I was impressed by lad at Coventry this season v Peterborough

midfield my concern need a Derry like player to go with chair as I can see him being a proper player next season

Comment

The team's I've seen this season that have been good have played simple but effective football - a style of play that I believe isn't beyond us. I see it every week even with the team's below us, they pass and move and break in numbers. Our defence is shat, but we also need to capture the positive aspects of our game and play it more consistently - that's got to be down to coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                          The team's I've seen this season that have been good have played simple but effective football - a style of play that I believe isn't beyond us. I see it every week even with the team's below us, they pass and move and break in numbers. Our defence is shat, but we also need to capture the positive aspects of our game and play it more consistently - that's got to be down to coaching?
                          Spot on comment. Coaching has to be emphasis of future plan imo
                          throw chair and smyth in at deep end and a couple of wise loans that are hungry to impress that have no hope of top 6 team reality. I’d be happier to see us develop a style that’s so much quicker on the break than route one. Players can do it as passed Watford off the pitch

Comment

We need players with Brains, Vision, Pride and a winning happy dressing room mentality. Skill is secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              We need players with Brains, Vision, Pride and a winning happy dressing room mentality. Skill is secondary.

....and someone who can score goals. This season’s team had a pi sspoor attack - Smith, Hemed, Wells are all pony. No real improvement on Washington and Mackie.

Comment

Working...
                              X