Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Away Attendances.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Away Attendances.

    I believe the club should be looking at boosting the numbers away from LR. It is often very poor and its very often much of our allocation goes unsold or is returned which is a big dissapointment as it is lost revenue for the club.

    According to Stats from this season we rank 21st out of 24th for Average away attendances.


    Surely the club should be looking at actively encoraging better support to go to away games as next year will be extremly tough.


  • #2
    Away following goes hand in hand with how well you are playing and I think it has been pretty good all things considered. To increase the away support, play better football and be compete, itís that simple.

    Comment


    • #3
      Credit to the die hard aways, I do quite a few and you always see the same people regardless of performances. Away games are great if you win but sadly we often don't!
      ​​​​​​It's expensive too with ticket, travel, food, drink and even sometimes an overnight stay (the ones in custody are free)!!..
      All the club can do to get more to go is to produce a better team, easier said than done.
      Some of our away allocations in the prem never reached general sale which again is linked to alleged better team.
      I am doing sheff Wednesday and tickets are 33 quid for a nothing game, last year last game was Leeds and that was 37 quid for a nothing game, total abuse of fans loyalty, game like that should be 10 quid.

      Comment


      • #4
        also - you never know when the games are going to be - thanks to sky! the last away game i went was Norwich which was12.30 on a saturday. But agree there is a direct connection to away attendance and performance .

        Comment


        • #5
          Our away attendance is determined by being #### away from home , expensive tickets and expensive travel .Some clubs subsidise travel for their fans , I know Chelsea charge £10 coach travel to all away games , we offer nothing . A few seasons back we ran free coaches to hull away and got a very good turnout.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
            I am doing sheff Wednesday and tickets are 33 quid for a nothing game, last year last game was Leeds and that was 37 quid for a nothing game, total abuse of fans loyalty, game like that should be 10 quid.
            But surely QPR cant influence those prices? It the away team that set the price.

            Are we going to drop our away tickets prices when we play Forest at home so their fans can have a cheaper day out.

            It needs to be an FA initiative to get all clubs to drop away prices surely?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

              But surely QPR cant influence those prices? It the away team that set the price.

              Are we going to drop our away tickets prices when we play Forest at home so their fans can have a cheaper day out.

              It needs to be an FA initiative to get all clubs to drop away prices surely?
              Prices should be dropped for both sets of fans for last game of season that means.nothing, my point is all clubs in general, in the prem away ticket prices are capped at £30?

              Comment


              • #8
                Done quite a few this season and thought they were packed and much better than a home game.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I get bored at away games. Not because of the football, but because the bulk of our fans sit down and we don't make any noise.

                  Best followings are when we are standing and giving it some.

                  Until we start standing more at away games, im not risking going and having someone tell me to sit down after Ive spent x amount getting there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                    I get bored at away games. Not because of the football, but because the bulk of our fans sit down and we don't make any noise.

                    Best followings are when we are standing and giving it some.

                    Until we start standing more at away games, im not risking going and having someone tell me to sit down after Ive spent x amount getting there.
                    sometimes it's because kids can't see the game , i had this a few times when mine were little

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's all about performances. Our away following literally doubles when we win a few games on the spin but we hardly ever win 2 on the trot. Our home crowds are pretty dire too - exactly the same reason: duff, spineless performances.
                      One thing: Wigan, Preston, Blackburn and Bolton's figures are skewed by fact they all have huge barns of an away end that hold 4000 to 7000 and they're only 25 mins apart by car...... Imagine what our average would be if there were 3 clubs 25 mins away with 1000s of tickets readily available.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        id be there but I'm banned from all away grounds apart from deep dale, and no way am I stepping foot in "Preston", this is the 21st century of course . JN

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I go to a few away games every season - not including London games - and what puts me off going to more is the cost of the travel. Trains can be really expensive and if I'm being honest I'm not that committed to following Rangers around the country, especially when results on the road are so bad!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 72bus View Post

                            sometimes it's because kids can't see the game , i had this a few times when mine were little
                            My nephews come to games and just stand on the chairs. What do you think fans at clubs that all stand (basically all of them except us) do? Kids etc would go to these as well.

                            Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            It's all about performances. Our away following literally doubles when we win a few games on the spin but we hardly ever win 2 on the trot. Our home crowds are pretty dire too - exactly the same reason: duff, spineless performances.
                            One thing: Wigan, Preston, Blackburn and Bolton's figures are skewed by fact they all have huge barns of an away end that hold 4000 to 7000 and they're only 25 mins apart by car...... Imagine what our average would be if there were 3 clubs 25 mins away with 1000s of tickets readily available.
                            We took 1000 to Millwall and didn't sell out Fulham a couple of years back so I doubt we would take all that many.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

                              My nephews come to games and just stand on the chairs. What do you think fans at clubs that all stand (basically all of them except us) do? Kids etc would go to these as well.



                              We took 1000 to Millwall and didn't sell out Fulham a couple of years back so I doubt we would take all that many.
                              Years of constantly being #### has worn down the fan base . We are not a big club anyway , we have a loyal hardcore for home games of around 10k.The FA cup run this year shows what can happen with a bit of excitement and sensible pricing .We could have sold 6k plus for Portsmouth away and Watford at home sold out in no time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X