Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darnell Furlong

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-at-right-back

wants to play at RB. not sold on him as a RB, i'm a big fan of his and think he'll go on to captain us one day but he's far more suited at CB imo, he was great against swansea and solid against blackburn all things considered

Furlong is cr@p.
    when he’s at right back he gets targeted as a weak link and is genuinely awful

at centre back he’s still rubbish but wingers can’t directly bully him
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-at-right-back

wants to play at RB. not sold on him as a RB, i'm a big fan of his and think he'll go on to captain us one day but he's far more suited at CB imo, he was great against swansea and solid against blackburn all things considered
      So is my impression as well. He is strong in the air, and will only improve with good coaching..If Warburton gets the job, he will bring with him a proven coach from Arsenal also.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Furlong is poor as a right back and clearly better in the center of defence, so tough luck if he gets chosen to play at CB.

Comment

He was rated as our MOTM today -- fully deserved -- looked like a leader out there.

Comment

Not Good at Right back he's a better centre back than he is RB, centre back or not in the team

Comment

Needs a lot more work on being a RB positioning wise but I would prefer to see him out there than at CB. We need a proper CB not a makeshift one.

Comment

Much better at CB than RB. Having played at RB makes him great at CB as he is better on the ball. Plus he gets stuck in and wins headers. Having Cameron next to him helped massively as well. At RB, he gets caught out of position every other attack.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                  Having played at RB makes him great at CB as he is better on the ball.
                  I wouldn't go that far....

Comment

I reckon he flatters to deceive and therefore we should really big him up and hoodwink some club with more money than sense into giving us £3million for him. Club could start things off by issuing a statement saying he's not for sale and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Needs a lot more work on being a RB positioning wise but I would prefer to see him out there than at CB. We need a proper CB not a makeshift one.
                      Do you think his positioning is poor when being asked to go man4-man or when he's asked to undertake zonal marking? Would you criticise his marking even if he's under instructions not to get close?

It's easy to scrutinise but perhaps it's done without knowing what is being asked of a FB.

I used to play LB and was always told to hang off and close down the space. Unfortunately I loved getting close and get a tackle in, quite often a crunching one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I wouldn't go that far....
                        Good point. I didn't literally mean 'great' but he is better than Lynch at CB.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

Good point. I didn't literally mean 'great' but he is better than Lynch at CB.
                          ha...fair play becuase that is true !

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Do you think his positioning is poor when being asked to go man4-man or when he's asked to undertake zonal marking? Would you criticise his marking even if he's under instructions not to get close?

It's easy to scrutinise but perhaps it's done without knowing what is being asked of a FB.

I used to play LB and was always told to hang off and close down the space. Unfortunately I loved getting close and get a tackle in, quite often a crunching one!!

Just think he always seems to allow a player too much time and then is usually forced to make a tackle (or not) in the area.

Also, whether you've been told to drop off or not shouldn't really matter - if you are a good full back you'll work out how to keep your opponent quiet after the first few times they get the ball (ie adapt to what you need to do)

Comment

Working...
                            X