Who do we keep and who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do we keep and who goes?

In my honest opinion we are safe and although we have been poor the last few months we deserve to stay in the league if we have accumulated enough points to do so.

I think most of us all knew we were in for a long hard season this year with the ultimate aim was not to get relegated.

However, it seems this season is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what we can expect next season if the rumours are true that we have to slash our wage bill from 29 mill to 11 mill per season.

This obviously means we will be selling some of our prize assets imo. Who do we keep and who goes? Also, am I the only one who can’t understand why we are looking at a 30k seater stadium if we are flirting with league 1 and average 13/14k fans a season?

I would keep the following and not because I think they are all superstars but the reality is we need a squad of some sort next year -

Lumley
    Hall
    Bidwell
    Furlong
    Lynch
    BOS
    Smyth
    Scowen
    Manning
    Wsolev
    Chair
    Manning

Rangel and Cameron to be signed of we can agree the right wages maybe a lower basic with appearance incentives ect

Sell -

Leinster - 3-5 mill
    Eze - 8-10 mill
    Luongo - 4-5 mill
    Freeman - 5-7 mill

The club imo can generate somewhere between 15-25 mill in sales this summer and if they can re invest 8-10 mill then we might be able to find a few lower league gems with a couple of savvy loan signings.

It seems like every season we need a rebuild but this summer is going to be very interesting indeed.

I'd keep Jude the cat !!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
      I'd keep Jude the cat !!
      Think he would be pick of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        In my honest opinion we are safe and although we have been poor the last few months we deserve to stay in the league if we have accumulated enough points to do so.

I think most of us all knew we were in for a long hard season this year with the ultimate aim was not to get relegated.

However, it seems this season is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what we can expect next season if the rumours are true that we have to slash our wage bill from 29 mill to 11 mill per season.

This obviously means we will be selling some of our prize assets imo. Who do we keep and who goes? Also, am I the only one who can’t understand why we are looking at a 30k seater stadium if we are flirting with league 1 and average 13/14k fans a season?

I would keep the following and not because I think they are all superstars but the reality is we need a squad of some sort next year -

Lumley
        Hall
        Bidwell
        Furlong
        Lynch
        BOS
        Smyth
        Scowen
        Manning
        Wsolev
        Chair
        Manning

Rangel and Cameron to be signed of we can agree the right wages maybe a lower basic with appearance incentives ect

Sell -

Leinster - 3-5 mill
        Eze - 8-10 mill
        Luongo - 4-5 mill
        Freeman - 5-7 mill

The club imo can generate somewhere between 15-25 mill in sales this summer and if they can re invest 8-10 mill then we might be able to find a few lower league gems with a couple of savvy loan signings.

It seems like every season we need a rebuild but this summer is going to be very interesting indeed.

Think we grossly overvalue our players. Personally think we will be lucky to generate £5-8m in sales this summer

Comment

Lumley
          Hall
          Bidwell
          Furlong
          Lynch
          BOS
          Smyth
          Scowen
          Manning
          Wsolev
          Chair
          Manning

Sell -

Leinster - 3-5 mill
          Eze - 8-10 mill
          Luongo - 4-5 mill
          Freeman - 5-7 mill

I gave up reading when you said keep Lynch .unbelievable.

Comment

i'd let lynch go, hes barely league 1 quality and brings nothing to the team except an angry face, probably coz he didn't have his usual december holiday plus he doesn't even look bothered about being here now.

i'd keep leistner, cousins and eze too. cousins has had more than a few bad games but he's good for squad depth. freeman and luongo will inevitably be off though

Comment

The worrying thing is that the amount the current squad get in wages is ridiculous in terms of what they give back on the pitch.
              In a way I think what league we are in is irrelevant, it's all about going to watch the r"s and seeing players gives 100% and bust a gut for the shirt/fans, if a lower wage bill means we see that then I'd take it even if it means league one

Comment

Oh, we are safe now, mainly thanks to Rotherham losing and they beat us at home.

Every season we are in the Championship the aim is solely not to get relegated until, ultimately, it happens.

You are massively over stating the value of our players though and personally I think selling Leistner would be a big mistake and keeping Lynch would be an even bigger one.

Next season we really do need a miracle, but you never know.

Comment

In my honest opinion we

Sell -

Leinster - 3-5 mill
                  Eze - 8-10 mill
                  Luongo - 4-5 mill
                  Freeman - 5-7 mill

We can make 15 to 20 million? Eze 8-10 million? Haha. Are you the players agent or something? Half all of their valuation and may be close to truth

Comment

Thanks for starting this discussion. First things first; the team needs to set a vision then promise to live by it. We all heard this was the season to push our youth brigade forward, but with few exceptions we did anything but. We also need a coach of and for the future, not one drawn from the trash pile of the past, and must determine if Les is truly capable to shine as a DOF as much as he did a player (the jury is still out on that one, but umpteen managers later why is Les seemingly invulnerable?). With that said, here's my take on the core squad moving forward:

The Core:
                    Furlong
                    Leistner
                    Manning
                    Kakay
                    Chair
                    Oteh
                    Smyth
                    Eze

Maybe (if wages right):
                    Bidwell
                    Rangel
                    Scowen
                    Smith
                    Cousins
                    Hall
                    Cameron
                    Hemed
                    Wells

Sell:
                    Freeman
                    Luongo
                    Lumley

Never Again:
                    Lynch

Comment

Can't see any player out of contract being kept. As for selling players for £20 m- £27m dream on.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                        Can't see any player out of contract being kept. As for selling players for £20 m- £27m dream on.
                        Agree with this , every player out of contract should go . As for the player valuations , £4-5 million for Luongo , no chance , more like £400k.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I gave up reading when you said keep Lynch .unbelievable.
                          And Manning's brother

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            possible in todays market though tbh. freeman is realistically worth around 4-5m at the most but prices are massively inflated now, heck, as much as van dyke is a brilliant world class defender he's still seen as a bargain by some pundits at 75m. eze is a media darling right now too despite not having done well over the past few months and their publicity of him will hike the price up massively. i'd say he's worth around 4-5m too with a sell on fee at the most just because he has quite a bit of potential but he could easily go for 10m+ in todays market.

Comment

Can't believe the OP would keep Joel Lynch. An incompetent oaf with an appalling attitude to match. Makes Onuoha seem like Maldini in comparison.

Among the players out of contract the only one I'd consider keeping is Bidwell. Not because he's very good, but he'll give a 5.5/10 performance every week, at least putting his foot in and showing a bit of energy. More than can be said for most of our squad.

Cousins, Wswolek and Hall are not worth keeping.

Think Rangel has been excellent and would consider giving him another contract.

Hope Eze and Luongo go - both lazy, overhyped players, who think they're better than the club.

Would like us to keep Freeman if possible, but we probably won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X