No announcement yet.

Lee Bowyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Mickey Mouse, he'd be a good fit. I heard he has a watch with Steve McLaren's face on.

Bowyer, no, a thug of the highest order, bound to bring disrepute to the club.

Ainsworth for me.

Comment

I seem to remember he took the Charlton under sufference as he had no real desire to be a manager.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungR1 View Post
        How about Mickey Mouse, he'd be a good fit. I heard he has a watch with Steve McLaren's face on.

Ainsworth for me.
        Why Ainsworth? Because he is a popular ex player or because he prefers veteran players and spent three seasons in Div 2 and is two points off relegation this year.

Comment

Ainsworth for me.
          Thug? Based on his not guilty verdict for GBH when he was at Leeds?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Why Ainsworth? Because he is a popular ex player or because he prefers veteran players and spent three seasons in Div 2 and is two points off relegation this year.
            Ainsworth knows the club, decent fella, and familiar with League 1 which will come in handy soon. I sense from your veteran players comment you are not keen? Who would you suggest then? Veteran players can make the difference at our level so I wouldn't just dismiss that as a bad thing. We could definitely do with a few Clint Hill types now.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Thug? Based on his not guilty verdict for GBH when he was at Leeds?
              No not based on that, based on my own observations from when he was a player, basically my own opinion, my impression.

Comment

No not based on that, based on my own observations from when he was a player, basically my own opinion, my impression.
                people do mellow out lol.

Comment

Taken this from a Charlon fan from another forum

Worked miracles at our place.

QPR would be one of only a few Championship clubs I wouldn’t be too worried about, your spending power isn’t much better than ours and he’s already stated he wants to sign a new contract with us.

My worry is obviously our owner though, only giving Lee a one year deal originally and has been stalling for months in offering him a new deal. Any whiff of compensation and he’ll be all over it. Lee will have to think about his future and if QPR come and offer him a couple of years, who would blame him? The other worry is whether he would take Johnnie Jackson with him as his number 2 as he would be the obvious replacement at our place.

I would be extremely disappointed if he left us before the end of the season, though. This is his project and he would surely like to get a promotion on his CV early. If we are promoted then there is even less reason to leave. We’ll see.

Sounds promising by the fact he does not want him to go. No mention of the style of play but I believe he likes them to play football whereas Ainsworth is more of a hit and hope style manager.

A manager that is cheap, used to having issues in the background but still getting results (not just stealing someone elses work aka JFH)), sounds ideal to me.

Comment

Definitely the sort of manager we should be looking at and much more preferable to me than a Big Sam style one. Couple of Charlton Fans i work with are proper worried they will lose him to us or another, as Owner is messing about on contracts. Says he plays an open expansive style with pace.

Comment

IMO, this supposedly interest from IB is most likely his agent who wants to get him a deal. Maybe with Charlton, but most likely somewhere else. QPR isnt that far from Charlton when it comes to spending power and uncertainty with regards to the future.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

has a good record at charlton , no off the pitch malarky since his playing days , only problem is he sounds depressed whenever i here him talk

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          has a good record at charlton , no off the pitch malarky since his playing days , only problem is he sounds depressed whenever i here him talk
                          Perhaps he knew he was headed our way then!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            IMO, this supposedly interest from IB is most likely his agent who wants to get him a deal. Maybe with Charlton, but most likely somewhere else. QPR isnt that far from Charlton when it comes to spending power and uncertainty with regards to the future.
                            Good point Shan, have wondered the same.
                            But personally i find it refreshing to have an in work manager declare his interest in the job, if true of course.
                            He plays 6 academy youngsters as starters every week apparently, so would fit the profile.
                            Be an interesting appt

Comment

heard mc ds in the bush have put a pre ban on him in case he gets the gig
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Good point Shan, have wondered the same.
                                But personally i find it refreshing to have an in work manager declare his interest in the job, if true of course.
                                He plays 6 academy youngsters as starters every week apparently, so would fit the profile.
                                Be an interesting appt
                                It really will. But allledgedly, he wants some money to spend that could be a problem..

QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X