Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeman or Eze, if you had to lose one to avoid another round of FFP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeman or Eze, if you had to lose one to avoid another round of FFP?

This could very well become the big question in the off-season. IMHO, am fine not to renew many of those whose contracts are up; many are average Championship players with modest upside. Would make an effort to re-sign a few depending on performance (Pavel, Cousins, Hall, Bidwell). Short of that, and hoping we might be able to persuade either Cameron or Rangel (and their home clubs) for one more loan spell, and knowing we get Chair, Oteh and Smyth back from loans this summer, we may STILL be forced to lose one of our major talents: Freeman or Eze. Love Freeman's all-around ability; has become more of a team player over the season; and has an on-field attitude that jazzes the fan base. On the other hand, Eze may become one of the greatest talents in the league by the end of next year -- great touch, amazing skills, and with another year of games/coaching could become a regular scorer and playmaker. Freeman reps today; Eze many tomorrows. Thoughts?

The big thing is in the quote 'Eze may become....' We are more in need of proven talent at the moment. Shopido was going to be the next big thing, then Manning, now look at them one is nowhere to be seen and the other more of a bench warmer. Freeman is the only player that, at the moment, would be sorely missed. Pav, Bidwell and Lynch will be the ones sacrificed with loans to cover.

Comment

Get rid of both. Freeman is too expensive and Eze is a luxury we can't afford to carry.

Comment

That easy, Eze.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Freeman will go but I have no confidence they will get the right price ,

Comment

Who will bring in the most wedge to top up our kitty for the summer ? Gotta be Freezy ?

Comment

Freeman makes us tick. Would miss him very much.

Comment

Eze.

We may have convinced ourselves that we have something special on our hands - we don't - and hopefully others tapped into this hype.

Although we'll get a lot more for Freeman we'll never get as much money for Eze as we will do now.

Comment

Sell Eze. Difficult to play him, is he a FW or a MF....and his workrate is crap. Big him up and sell to the highest bidder. Use the money for a proven CB, a RB and a FW.

Comment

I would much rather keep freeman. He contributes far more than Eze just by the effort he puts into the game, let alone the goals and assists comparisson.

Also, I think with Eze any buyers would be paying more because he is younger and has possibly has more potential.

Comment

Freeman is far and away the best attacking midfielder we have had since God knows when. He'll be sold in the summer as there will certainly be a demand for him.

If it were down to me and I had to sell one it would be Eze though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Freeman is far and away the best attacking midfielder we have had since God knows when. He'll be sold in the summer as there will certainly be a demand for him.

If it were down to me and I had to sell one it would be Eze though.
                        I agree, but selling Freeman will result in QPR going backwards as I wouldn't trust this lot to sign a decent enough replacement with the money for him. A bit like when Wilkins pi$$3ed the money for selling Les on Hateley, Sommer, Osbourne and Zelic.

Comment

It's vital Freeman stays. Best player at the club by a country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                            It's vital Freeman stays. Best player at the club by a country mile.
                            That’s exactly why he likely won’t stay unfortunately

Comment

Yeah unfortunately we probably have to accept we will lose Freeman this summer. So long as we get £10 million+ for him I think that is a fair price. Although annoyingly I can see someone like Fulham coming in for him, as he would be ideal for a team coming down who want to try to get up at the first attempt.

Comment

Working...
                              X