Our loaned out stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

If he isn’t getting in Walsalls side how would he get near our starting 11.
    Mad isn’t it. Some fans saying we need to dig deep and scrape points where we can to say up, yet want kids who can’t make the first 11 at their loan team in league one to be brought back to us to do it.
    Lambs to the slaughter.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Saw a report on how the they faired in games over the weekend all of them played in losing sides ,
      Oteh not even getting a game at relegation threatened Walsall

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Mad isn’t it. Some fans saying we need to dig deep and scrape points where we can to say up, yet want kids who can’t make the first 11 at their loan team in league one to be brought back to us to do it.
        Lambs to the slaughter.
        This....unless something changes this is our future, rather the club went bust at least i could walk away

Comment

They are not 'loaned out stars' they are loaned out youngsters who have been playing against the same players since school. Going out on loan will find out if they can not only play but if they can cope in different scenarios. Loads of people cry out for the youngsters to play saying they are the saviours of our club. So far the younger players given a chance have turned out to be nothing else than adequate. The loan players have got a chance to show if they have any promise or not.Coming on as sub for 10mins would not show this.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            They are not 'loaned out stars' they are loaned out youngsters who have been playing against the same players since school. Going out on loan will find out if they can not only play but if they can cope in different scenarios. Loads of people cry out for the youngsters to play saying they are the saviours of our club. So far the younger players given a chance have turned out to be nothing else than adequate. The loan players have got a chance to show if they have any promise or not.Coming on as sub for 10mins would not show this.
            They seemed to cope okay towards the end of last season in the championship.

Comment

PAUL Smyth was subbed 62 minutes into Accrington Stanley’s 1-0 defeat against Coventry City.

The R’s attacker started at the Wham Stadium, his seventh Stanley appearance, as defeat left them 14th in the League One table.

Meanwhile, David Wheeler came off the bench for MK Dons in their 1-0 win against Crawley Town as they kept up their push for promotion from League Two.

Wheeler played the last seven minutes at stadium:mk, replacing Jake Hesketh, as the Dons stayed just two points outside the automatic promotion spots.

Elsewhere, Attacker Ilias Chair made his fifth appearance for Stevenage in their 1-1 draw against Oldham Athletic.

The R’s youngster played 90 minutes at Boundary Park as Boro grabbed a point with a 90th-minute equaliser.

Stevenage are 11th in the League Two standings, five points outside the playoffs.

However, Aramide Oteh was an unused substitute for Walsall’s 0-0 draw at Burton Albion.

In Scotland Seny Dieng and Sean Goss had the weekend off with Dundee and St. Johnstone, not in action in the Scottish Premiership.

Alex Baptiste was not in Luton Town’s matchday squad for their 2-0 win against Rochdale as the Hatters march to promotion continued whilst Charlie Owens was also not in Wycombe Wanderers 18-man side for their 4-2 defeat at Peterborough United. Both are yet to make their debuts for their loan sides.

Under-23s defender Kraig Noel-Mcleod returned from injury for Basingstoke Town to feature in their 1-0 defeat ta Hendon in the Evo-Stik Premier Division South

Whilst teammate Ali Omar suffered a 2-1 with Grantham Town after completing 90 minutes for the Gingerbreads.

Young forward Ody Alfa was on the bench for the first time for Atlético Baleares’ in their 0-0 draw against Olot in Spain’s Segunda División B.

Finally, Niko Hamalainen was not in Los Angeles FC’s matchday squad for their MLS 2-1 win against Sporting Kansas City.

Comment

Having read through this, I`m far from sure that the youngsters are ready for the first team next season.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Having read through this, I`m far from sure that the youngsters are ready for the first team next season.
                  Heard Joleon Lescott talking about sending the youth he works with at City on loan and how they come back with a much better idea of the levels they have to step up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    The big question is not if they are ready, but if they are good enough. Ilias Chair and Paul Smyth apart, I do have my reservations on the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

The big question is not if they are ready, but if they are good enough. Ilias Chair and Paul Smyth apart, I do have my reservations on the rest.
                      Agree Martin. We have to appreciate that not every youngster is going to make it with us. From our perspective, a 10% hit rate per season, of promoting youth prospects who are indeed good enough to positively impact the first team is what we need to be aiming for.

This would amount to 1 or 2 players per season stepping up. I’d say we are well on the way with such a strategy, having Furlong, Eze and Lumley all having stepped up into the first XI in the last 2 seasons.

From what I have seen of the u23s, around 15 games over the last 18months, Ilias Chair is the standout player, and so it is proving so far out on loan. Paul Smyth I already consider a first team player since he has already shown what he is capable of. The rest, including Oteh, despite his goals, many of which are pens, have big question marks. However, Oteh has time on his side and I expect him to make it. The rest, not so sure..

Comment

Working...
                      X