• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manning is well over hyped on this board

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Quite possibly, but we are very short in central midfield with Mas off to Oz and Cameron injured. Fortunately Scowen has been excellent on his return to the side and Cousins has done ok there when asked, but we are short and cannot sign anyone in Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Maybe so mate, but I hope he has a recall clause that can be actioned in January. I think we might need him 2nd half of the season.
        Last edited by Tarbie; 27-12-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Manning not been a first team regular at Rotherham since having to sit out our game against them Hoping it's because they know he's coming back in January

Comment

People worried about how injuries might affect us, but remember we've already had Cameron, Rangel, Lynch and Hemed injured the last few games and we've still won our last three. Under an inferior manager that wouldn't have happened but it's situations like this where a superior manager in McClaren really proves his class by his capability in adapting to such challenges. E.g. Pushing Cousins to RB, switching Furlong to CB, Scowen's return to DM; then introducing younger players at key moments like yesterday, which gives them confidence, makes them feel included and bonds team spirit even further. By far our best manager since Warnock.

Comment

Cracking post Stanley and agree 100%. Since Warnock we have had a lot of Crud until Macca

Comment

Surely all we can do from now on is to carry on as we are. I enjoy not being talked about as potential play off or promotion candidates. Everyone is waiting for our bubble to burst and don't rate us one bit. Lets just keep on quietly doing our business and see where it takes us. Nothing is impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  People worried about how injuries might affect us, but remember we've already had Cameron, Rangel, Lynch and Hemed injured the last few games and we've still won our last three. Under an inferior manager that wouldn't have happened but it's situations like this where a superior manager in McClaren really proves his class by his capability in adapting to such challenges. E.g. Pushing Cousins to RB, switching Furlong to CB, Scowen's return to DM; then introducing younger players at key moments like yesterday, which gives them confidence, makes them feel included and bonds team spirit even further. By far our best manager since Warnock.
                  Agree with this mate. At the same time, I think we are walking a fine line. A couple more injuries, particularly at the back and central midfield and we might struggle a bit!

Comment

Over past 10 years the 7th placed team has averaged 72 points. In 2013 Bolton finished 7th with 68 points and in 2015 Wolves finished 7th with 78 points (they actually missed out on 6th on goal difference, +14).
                    We currently have 37 points from 24 games..... I therefore suggest that a target of 37 points from remaining 22 games would put us well in the frame for playoff spot. Frankly, there is no point in setting a target unless it is meaningful, challenging but achievable. Eleven wins and a few draws puts us in the mix - that should be the target.

Comment

top half of the table and i'd be over the moon, anything higher and it'd be an unbelievable season for me!

i'm just enjoying the football and the vibe around the club and fans, even when we don't win we're not raging like last season and its bloody great! i'd love to make the playoffs but i can't see it personally, ask me again in a month

Comment

Simple really, play to win and see where we end up. What else can we do? Pochettino he's not but Schteeve is working with a squad that is unlikely to change much, if at all, so it is an interesting exercise that doesn't happen too often in these days of the transfer merry go round.

Comment

My opinion hasn't changed since the start of the season. Keep away from the bottom 3, 10th or higher is nothing but a bonus.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2