Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    I can afford to attend 6-8 matches per season with my son,
    I have the same passion for the club as you. We have more passion than some of the smiling idiots that was at the match last night plastered all over my TV screen when we were 2 nil down.

Just stating that a lot of proper fans have over the past decade been priced out of the sport.
    Am I bitter about it? Too Farking right I am.
    Started going at 5yo, season ticket holder from 16- 30 years.

Now I can only afford a handful of games.
    I planned to go last night, but after Saturday I thought it best to protect my son from the mess.

Again I'm not suggesting any of you on here so please stop playing the victim.

Just stating facts the football has been invaded by middle class trendies who lack the passion and love of their particular club to jump on board with the remnants of the old schools supporters that still attend and to try and create and protest for change.

You carry on misconstruing my posts if you wish,
    That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it

If it's any consultation to you I totally agree with you and understand fully your post,you are a great supporter .

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Footballs changed so much from the 80s and 90s.....

I was there during the Thompson protests but I doubt you would see that sort of thing happening down the Bush now a days.
      The type of supperter has changed. A lot of the old guard has been priced out of attending and that viod has been filled by middle class trendies who think it's cool to follow a team but those people don't have the passion that a lot of us do or did.

​​​​​Watching the game on a stream last night, as the camera pans to the crowd at 2-0 down, you can see these trendies in there qpr tops smiling or looking at their phones. Nota care in the world. Devoid of passion and belonging.

I'm afraid the only thing that they will do is stop attending out of boredom.
      They just do not have the passion or love of the club to stand outside southafrica Road on a rainy night at 10pm.

Present company excepted of course
      ​​​
      These are the people applauding the team off the pitch, but I somehow couldn't find a away to applaud that lot off last night or Saturday, after 50+ of supporting the R's I couldn't bring myself to do it

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

These are the people applauding the team off the pitch, but I somehow couldn't find a away to applaud that lot off last night or Saturday, after 50+ of supporting the R's I couldn't bring myself to do it
        I cannot believe how people could do that. Or why they do that.

Comment

That would be some of the people I was posting about.
          They probably did not even notice the score, they were so busy on their mobiles to even bother looking up at the match.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Maybe trendies is not the right word,more like joe public taking their kids and as such cant let off steam.

I know it was a night game but the lower loft was like a morgue yes they were there but actually supporting not in my eyes.

Oh we only lost 3-0 better luck next time chaps and applaud them off wtf give it to them with both barrels.

Furthermore who do we have to thank for the lower loft being like a morgue.....

Before anyone starts posting i am against families going i am not but they should be in another part of the ground and we all know that

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post

I genuinely dont think we have any of these "trendies" you describe at QPR, other clubs may have them but luckily we do not
              open your eyes you been going to football for years and you have not seen the change really

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Maybe trendies is not the right word,more like joe public taking their kids and as such cant let off steam.

I know it was a night game but the lower loft was like a morgue yes they were there but actually supporting not in my eyes.

Oh we only lost 3-0 better luck next time chaps and applaud them off wtf give it to them with both barrels.

Furthermore who do we have to thank for the lower loft being like a morgue.....

Before anyone starts posting i am against families going i am not but they should be in another part of the ground and we all know that
                Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Just how am I playing the victim?

And presumably I misconstrued your post backing McClarens appointment did I?
                  You do that quite a lot actually,i backed his appointment is it his fault he has been fed a lot of ########,is it his fault
                  we are in an utter mess.

Any team that sell or loses more or less their whole defence will struggle no matter who is in charge

Comment

I don't think we should have a FAMILY section as such at all. Just choose your seats and watch the game. Doesn't matter who is sat next to you young or old, woman or man, child or adult. If we can't allow kids to sit with other adults at games then what is the world coming to. We all had to do it when we grew up. The f ucking world has gone soft

Comment

I think a lot of people applauding were reciprocating the players actually coming over to us and applauding us. They clearly appreciated it and they didn't all play badly or set out to lose 3-0 at home.
                      Whether you feel good or bad about calling for the manager to be sacked or reciprocating some applause is a matter of personal taste. I don't join in the booing or sack the manager chants as I don't feel it helps. Others do because they feel it will solve the problems and some are just venting their anger. We all have our own way of dealing with it. Who is to say which is right? It is just personal choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

You do that quite a lot actually,i backed his appointment is it his fault he has been fed a lot of ########,is it his fault
                        we are in an utter mess.

Any team that sell or loses more or less their whole defence will struggle no matter who is in charge
                        But hits is calling for him to be sacked Bill. Calling for Clint Hill on the 'I have changed my mind' thread

Comment

When it comes to a serious crisis - and I think most of us agree we're there or thereabouts - you have to decide how best to support your club.

I would argue that doing everything to undermine the current regime was in fact in the club's best interest.

People will take part in protest, but that doesn't normally happen until things are very much worse than this. All the words on here don't really count unless combined with action.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            When it comes to a serious crisis - and I think most of us agree we're there or thereabouts - you have to decide how best to support your club.

I would argue that doing everything to undermine the current regime was in fact in the club's best interest.

People will take part in protest, but that doesn't normally happen until things are very much worse than this. All the words on here don't really count unless combined with action.
                            ok, but some will argue it is the managers fault and some will say he has only been here for a few games.
                            Some will say it is the DOFs fault, others will say he is doing a good job bringing the youngsters through etc etc
                            Some will say it is the players fault others will say the same players weren't this bad last season.
                            Some will blame Lee Hoos, the Owners etc etc
                            Who exactly are we trying to undermine? It isn't that straightforward is it?

Comment

ok, but some will argue it is the managers fault and some will say he has only been here for a few games.
                              Some will say it is the DOFs fault, others will say he is doing a good job bringing the youngsters through etc etc
                              Some will say it is the players fault others will say the same players weren't this bad last season.
                              Not straightforward at all, particularly as we have a new chairman. You could argue Amit needs time to make his mark. You could also argue it was a political appointment to pacify supporters in the knowledge things were going to go seriously the way of the pear. Who knows.

I don't think protests are the way forward. No idea what is the way forward but can't see them achieving anything aside from letting off some steam.

Comment

You keep popping up here questioning other people's views and opinions, what are your views on the state of our club and what would you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X