• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Hoos be the next Chairman?

Comment

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3908446.html
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Never mind the location, it depends on how the whole project is handled whether or not it secures our future.

Comment

Sheeps your answer basically promotes us not competeting. What’s the point of us if it’s not to try and reach the top

f uck being in league one championship is bad enough

Comment

End of the day we as fans can wish to stay in w12 all we want. But we not the owners whom are leaking more cash than Jordan leaks fellas. Head over heart always and rather have a club whom can actually compete than one being slowly strangled to death.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Sheeps your answer basically promotes us not competeting. What’s the point of us if it’s not to try and reach the top

f uck being in league one championship is bad enough
              I totally agree, it's bad enough having to endure what we're going through right now but to basically give up and accept our future fate will lie in divs 1 and 2 is unacceptable. A football clubs long and short term aims change all the time just look at Southampton.....a club with arguably the best academy of a medium sized club of the last 20 to 30 years but now on the land of milk and honey for the last 3 to 4 years have next to no one actually coming through to hold down a first team place and rely on overseas players bought relatively cheap in today's market and sold at a massive profit to their feeder club Liverpool. Our situation won't always be like this but it fits who we currently need to be. Moving to a new bigger more modern stadium will allow us to grow as a club once again and will attract back fans that have lapsed for whatever reason and also new fans that hopefully stay longer than the last lot from our premiership stint. Businesses always need to look to improve to stay afloat, look how many staple high street stores from our childhood and at least a 100 years have now disappeared because of changing trends. We don't want to be one of those because we just accept our position to stand still. If we HAVE to move out of W12 for the club to prosper then so be it. Many other clubs have had to move stadiums to another part of town and one about 40 miles away which we hope wont happen. But if it means fans have to take a few mile alternate direction to watch their beloved club then we'll all have to get used to it. We all move house from time to time and have to take a different route to LR so QPR moving home would be no different. Just my thoughts.

Comment

If we were to leave London then what areas could we realistically relocate to that would capitalise on our support and not be to far from Our home - would areas Uxbridge or Hillingdon work or even maybe other Greater London areas?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  If we were to leave London then what areas could we realistically relocate to that would capitalise on our support and not be to far from Our home - would areas Uxbridge or Hillingdon work or even maybe other Greater London areas?
                  I was born West Kilburn/Queens Park and most of the people I knew or went to school with gradually moved west or north west so yes, but we should stay closer to home if at all possible. Not sure we would attract new support out in the suburbs and we need more than the diehards who fill the Central line every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                    Hoos bangs on about the running costs of Loftus Road but I can't see how a new stadium will be any different as we'll also have the debt from the building of a new stadium. He talks about other revenue generating activities but I can't see how that'll even help us brake even let alone turn a profit. Before you think about diversifying our portfolio we should focus on our core offering...football. I think we need to get a new training ground asap and think about how we can attract the best young footballers. We should take advantage of the fact Brentford don't have a youth team and give young players a clear route to first team football... Which we're doing.

We need to get to the point where we're consistently attracking 16k home fans at the very least before we think about moving. Sadly we don't have a many dedicated fans which means we'll always be limited on how much we can make on match days.
                    But Hoos is probably bang on about the potential new fans being put off by the out of date facilities at Loftus Rd.
                    A new ground is needed at the LC stadium is exactly what they need.

In the meantime lets hope and pray or whatever that the club can get the new training ground built and attract quality promising youngsters like Eze, BOS, Smyth, Chair etc and have a side that can win promotion back to the
                    Premiership .

Comment

Article on the offish stating The LC Stadium is now officially the only option left if we want to stay in W12.

Any fans wanting to join the campaign for a new stadium should email SecureRFuture@qpr.co.uk for more information on how to get involved
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

undecided , all depends on where and when

Comment

Great post Jeff, especially liked: We all move house from time to time and have to take a different route to LR so QPR moving home would be no different. Just my thoughts
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Yes I would. Provided the club itself doesn't change, like MK Dons.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                              As long as we stay in West London then that is the main thing to me.
                              We’re originaly from North West London, which I’d be happy with too. In fact it would suit me better.

Comment

Don’t mind leaving, but no way would want an athletics track round the pitch, no matter how good the stadium might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X