Woud you be happy to leave W12 to secure our long term future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
    As long as we stay in West London then that is the main thing to me.
    We’re originaly from North West London, which I’d be happy with too. In fact it would suit me better.

Comment

Don’t mind leaving, but no way would want an athletics track round the pitch, no matter how good the stadium might be.

Comment

I wouldn't stop supporting the club, but I would feel very disconnected if we moved out into the home counties such as Middlesex or even further out into North West London. I see us as an inner city football club and it would be a real shame if we left. That said, if the football improved people wouldn't care, but if the football continued to be bad then there's nothing left of the club for me. A massive part of supporting QPR is about the match day down the Bush, being in town on Saturday and all the fun that comes with it. I don't like the idea of spending a Saturday or a Tuesday night after work trekking to the outskirts of London to watch us play Stevenage in the league cup! If Wimedon have managed to secure Plough Lane there's hope for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
          Don’t mind leaving, but no way would want an athletics track round the pitch, no matter how good the stadium might be.
          I think with the Linford Christie they were talking about having a separate stadium for athletics next to the football ground, so the running track wouldn't be around the pitch.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

this subject has been done to death ,when arsenal sold highbury they created a buisiness plan but london real estate has gone through the roof since arsenal moved so we can build 1000 million pound flats all around the qpr pitch which has a conservation order on it 50 per cent of our flats must be built on south africa road ,the reason for that is that the origioal idea of developing ellerslie road by smashing down those houses is illegal as it interfears with the natural light that houses must have ,so although we get 1000 million it will cost three hundred million pounds to build the complex ,so we are left with 700 million pound ,so that is the only way forward to secure our long term future,and build a stadium that can host pop concerts,the new stadium will have four concept pubs one on each corner of the stadium,its a no brainer really linford christie stadium here we come
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

I think with the Linford Christie they were talking about having a separate stadium for athletics next to the football ground, so the running track wouldn't be around the pitch.
              My understanding is the athletic track would not be incorporated into the stadium but adjacent to it.

surely this is a win for everyone. Redevelopment of a derelict site with poor facilities, QPR stay in the borough with a multi use stadium creating more jobs for the local community and revenue for the area.

if this doesn’t go through then we are seriously left with no choice but to relocate out the borough.

Comment

Who has done more in the community than QPR after the Grenfell tragedy? If the planning authorities don't take into account the club's history and its community work and being part of the fabric of the area for decades then we have no hope of staying in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I believe, many years ago the club use to own many of them.
                  Yeah Iv always said we should have had all the houses down Ellerslie and little Loftus and the school years ago

Comment

In a nutshell, yes.

The point Les Ferdinand made about not being able to use the stadium week days for conferences and the like made a strong argument for a move. That being said, 1) surely parking is an issue for most places in London and 2) this could be mitigated by buying up some land and creating an exclusive car park for QPR? Need a lot less land to do this than build a new stadium. I might get crucified for this suggestion, but you could buy up the Springbok for example and level it to make parking. If it came to losing a pub vs losing my club I know which one I would choose.

At the moment we are the only West London club to boast the West London postcode, which is a great point of trivia, but that's about it. I think the club needs to stay in West London anywhere outside that and you may have a mutiny from fans on your hands.

Kent needs a big club! Then again, I'm biased. We obviously don't want to do an MK Dons because that would just about finish our club.

ranger4now ranger4always RANGER4LIFE

Comment

Working...
                    X