Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Priskin and Bent more prolific than Helguson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
    Why are people reading too much into goal ratios?

Agyemang started his Rangers career with probably the best goals per game ratio we had in years.

Then he couldn't maintain that, big time.

Who's to say Bent and Priskin won't start their careers in similar fashion? All strikers have good and bad spells.

And we were never gonna sign a striker with a better than 1 in 5 goal ratio. They aren't around. Clubs keep them for obvious reasons.

Name one striker with a 1 in 3 goal ratio who is available and that we could realistically sign?

Thought not.
    Good points there.

Hopefully, Bent and or, Priskin will get their QPR careers off with a goal flourish like Agyemang did, If they do that, QPR have a good chance of winiing a few more games this season.

Who cares if they don't maintain it for the duration of their loan? If they don't, they go back in the Summer.

Comment

I don't think our shape/set-up supports a striker bagging 20+ goals. I feel pretty sure that Simpson would've been well on his way to a big total playing at some other clubs. By other clubs, I don't mean better clubs - just clubs whose shape seems to feed their number 9.
      So, I reckon it makes little difference who we bring in; I just don't see them being prolific in terms of goals in this team.
      On the whole it doesn't really matter plus I prefer the team to have "goal power" all over the pitch - several players weighing-in with a few goals rather than relying on one player to bag them all.
      All I'd want of Bent/Priskin is some added options, competition for places, and maybe a tad more threat than our strikers have posed this season. Even in my free-scoring "goal power" model I'd expect the strikers to be a fundamental part of things - it must sap morale if the front guys blaze too many efforts off-target.

Comment

Originally posted by baz View Post
        Nail on head and the first time since Furlong we actually have a proper number 9
        Er, actually 7, he is to be given Routledges old shirt number.
        But I know what you mean, about time we had a proper striker, but knowing us, we'll have him filling in at LB

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
          Er, actually 7, he is to be given Routledges old shirt number.
          But I know what you mean, about time we had a proper striker, but knowing us, we'll have him filling in at LB
          and furlong was 29
          sorry couldnt resist
          "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

Working...
          X