Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The premiership Years...QPR

Ah well, not next season.

What is your fondest and saddest memory for the short time, we were in the top flight?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Ah well, not next season.

What is your fondest and saddest memory for the short time, we were in the top flight?

We were in the top flight before the Premier League. Was it 3 years in the Prem (I honestly can't remember now). The Man Utd 4-1 sticks out for me but was that Div 1 or Prem? Whilst on the subject of the glory years.....I heard someone on the radio today referring to the sad events at Hillsborough 20 years ago and they mentioned a previous occurance where fans streamed on to the pitch when Liverpool beat Wolves to win the league......would that have been the year that their win was at our expense?

Comment

think the prem started 1988??? Us beating man utd was after

Liverpool beating Wolves , the year they won the league from us, is the game they are talking about.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Fondest:
        On the pitch beating Liverpool in the semi's on the telly knowing my dad was gonna have to take me to see the hoops for the first time after 4 years of begging.
        Saddest:
        On the pich the bloody final against oxford my first game oh how i cried all the way home must thank my dad for taking me.

Off the pich hearing on the news qpr had paid £ 1million for Luton striker Roy Weggerly being from Luton i knew how good he was and how school on monday was gonna be great.

Loosing 7-1 to Sheffield Wedensday i could not cope with the stick i got at school that day always hated Wedensday for putting me through that.

Comment

big game that always sticks in my mind was sir les' return with newcastle with them winning 3-2. we was unlucky that day.. even so so was me and my dad being in a car accident on way home!
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Well, we were in the top Division for 13 years. I thought the Prem started in 92 but hey.
            Best memory for me in that run was the 4-1 at Old Trafford but I didnt go, so the best for me was the 3-1 win at Anfield. Saw us lose there so many times that win was sweet!
            Worst was the 0-1 at Coventry a couple of weeks before the end of the relegation season, everyone else won I think, and Mark Hateley played like an absolute Granny. We knew that day that we were down, although in reality we werent mathematically relegated until the following week.
            Fans were great that day though, think we had about 5,000 there.

Comment

glory 4 me has 2 b 1st season of the prem which was defo 1992 coz we finished top london club in 5th!ashame european places didnt stretch that far back then!and also i know we was in prem but this was in fa cup versus barnsley and who can 4get that overhead kick by trevor sinclair.gotta b best goal i have ever seen!!!!!!

Comment

my best memory is probably the News Years Eve 3-1 win at Highbury. We sang our hearts out that match. Also the FA Cup tie at Highbury (0-0) stands out as a right good day out. We won the replay 2-0). Coventry away was great when we went top with a 10 man 1-0 win. Coventry away (1-0 loss) was like a wake. Gallen hitting the post huff.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  think the prem started 1988??? Us beating man utd was after

Liverpool beating Wolves , the year they won the league from us, is the game they are talking about.
                  Mate your all over the place did you even go QPR pre Gianni??????????

We were in the top flight from 83 to 96 WTF do you mean by short time spent in the Premier League it's only a new name for the Old Division One. I'm convinced your a new fan and this goes some way to proving it. I watched the Clive Wilson interview and see you struggle with your history book for the result when we battered Everton 3-0 and Bradley Allen scored a hat trick (I should know I was at the game with about 100 other QPR fans).

The Premier League started in August 1992 - here's a little trick for you to remember it by Peter, we were the first ever Monday night game when Andy Sinton scored a screamer against Man City at Maine Rd it ended 1-1. This was the season of the famous Classic FM kit I believe.

Fondest memory Newcastle Away 1-2, Arsenal at Highbury 1-3, EVERTON AWAY 0-3, Spurs Home 4-1, Liverpool FA Cup 2-2

Favourite goal Bardsley's free kick against Southampton...Wallop!
                  Last edited by W12_Ranger; 16-04-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
                    Well, we were in the top Division for 13 years. I thought the Prem started in 92 but hey.
                    Best memory for me in that run was the 4-1 at Old Trafford but I didnt go, so the best for me was the 3-1 win at Anfield. Saw us lose there so many times that win was sweet!
                    Worst was the 0-1 at Coventry a couple of weeks before the end of the relegation season, everyone else won I think, and Mark Hateley played like an absolute Granny. We knew that day that we were down, although in reality we werent mathematically relegated until the following week.
                    Fans were great that day though, think we had about 5,000 there.
                    Why do I recall Bolton being very much involved in our relegation from the Premiership?

Comment

Best - Beating Arsenal 3-1 at highbury and us lot singing " we were there when Jonny scored" John jensen scored I think his only goal against us.

Wost - Our relegation season away to coventry at highfield road i think we had to win and if I remember we lost 1-0. First time I have seen my dad cry.
                      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Don't worry W12.

I thought premiership started 87/88, but Fawny could be right 1992?

I was not actually talking about the old Divison 1, from 1983 as I thought "premiership" started later?

Did not know this was a character assisanation, just a general question

For the record from 87-92, I run a team called Earl Brook Rangers and used to take my step son and the team of young kids to every home game in Ellerslie Road. (where I am sure for a number of years it was the family stand).

Great memory W12 and no doubt your comments will somehow be used against me somewhere without knowing the full facts.

What year did we beat Arsenal 2-0 away when Ian Stewart was playing? Just a side question, for others joining the thread for the right reasons

But if you want to talk about Colin Clarke, peter Reid, Andy Gray, Trevor Francis, Mark Falco, Nicky Johns etc etc, I have all day.

Comment

when we beat newcastle that was when steyjkal saved a pen right near the end.i stayed up there the weekend for that game
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                          X