Even At Our Peak..When Crowds Were UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Lofty View Post
    Why get involved in the first place? Are you telling me these guys are so naive they thought they could be succesful by bringing a few sponsors in and a few cheap signings. Take control of a business they nothing about. Decide they know more than the people they employ to make decisions. Alienate an already small fan base with unrealistic price rises.

What was the point? This is a question every football fan I know outside of QPR asks me. Why would these guys get involved unless they were serious about getting the TV money that would come with promotion.

Pete, do you not see the club being run like a circus?
    Spot on, the answer to all this is to get the club promoted, not hard to do they will have to shell out on some decent players and leave a manager in charge for more than 5 minutes.
    They will NEVER make their money back unless they get us promoted so it's up to them really!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
      Spot on, the answer to all this is to get the club promoted, not hard to do they will have to shell out on some decent players and leave a manager in charge for more than 5 minutes.
      They will NEVER make their money back unless they get us promoted so it's up to them really!

of course it's spot on, to most of us it is

unless they have other objectives :money:

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
        NO your right, if the loan isn't paid in full (think it was 2 years) then they can buy LR for the sum loaned to us IE the old ABC loan

but what will they do with it!!! as i'm sure i read it's got to be a sporting venue, unless of course that has changed!!!
        Is that true? If so that is quite frightening... that someone can buy a club then loan the club his own money with the condition of getting a cut price piece of london land back if the club doesn't generate the money to pack back the loan, when the ability to pay back the loan is essentially down to how the club is run by that man!:waaaht:

Comment

Is that true? If so that is quite frightening... that someone can buy a club then loan the club his own money with the condition of getting a cut price piece of london land back if the club doesn't generate the money to pack back the loan, when the ability to pay back the loan is essentially down to how the club is run by that man!:waaaht:
          shocking isn't it

but swept under the carpet by most on here

PS

lets keep it "positive" tho

Comment

I think there must be easier ways to make money than this. Surely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lofty View Post
              I think there must be easier ways to make money than this. Surely.
              is there!!!!

GP put in £650,000 when he re-mortgaged his house (actually i think it was his wife's house) not too sure?

paid back when Flav & Co brought the club out

GP is on a reported £150,000 a year + expensive's

+ £140,000 free loan

and you think there's an easier way to earn some cash, Errrr i don't think so
              Last edited by pkloft; 25-01-2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

oldschool

I've already said I got a free season ticket in 2001

The old chestnut about just supporting the club is one that is beyond me. I'm 41, and supported QPR since I was about 7.

I don't know anyone in my life that suddenly starts supporting a different club when they are 36 or 37..

Laughable
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

h e l l o
                  Oh lets Bump it up

you irons

Comment

of course it's spot on, to most of us it is

unless they have other objectives :money:
                    funny how more are taking notice now its been posted

Comment

Working...