Even At Our Peak..When Crowds Were UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even At Our Peak..When Crowds Were UP

After promotion, after play offs, best gates in 8 years after promotion, we were still running at a lost, back before that from the Davies/Blackburn years, so now we have crowds that are even less and pay more in wages, when will we ever balance the books?

Is it a reality, that in time if current owners leave, we will end a middle Division 1 team, with general 10,000 fans turning up. Okay, I know many will be happy, so long away can you see that happening??

I'm just tryng to evaluate, what will happen if current board left the club.. Its just a genuine question, we should be at our height of success, but are clearly failing.

How long would you forsee the current board staying, losing money, before the targets become unattainable (ie promotion), surely another 2 years for example if we are still middle of the championship, they would have moved on??
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

With our crowds we are never going to balance the books unless we get big tv money. If the board spent say £5 -10m on the quality that we need to win the play-offs then they would get back £60m in the prem.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      After promotion, after play offs, best gates in 8 years after promotion, we were still running at a lost, back before that from the Davies/Blackburn years, so now we have crowds that are even less and pay more in wages, when will we ever balance the books?

Is it a reality, that in time if current owners leave, we will end a middle Division 1 team, with general 10,000 fans turning up. Okay, I know many will be happy, so long away can you see that happening??

I'm just tryng to evaluate, what will happen if current board left the club.. Its just a genuine question, we should be at our height of success, but are clearly failing.

How long would you forsee the current board staying, losing money, before the targets become unattainable (ie promotion), surely another 2 years for example if we are still middle of the championship, they would have moved on??

You know how to make us depressed or put the spin on things to make Flavio & Gianni heroes?

Comment

Many Championship clubs of similar stature manage it. No reason at all why we can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
          You know how to make us depressed or put the spin on things to make Flavio & Gianni heroes?

Spot on neil and fair play. Good to see People are waking up to the propaganda that is starting to get spun

Comment

the people getting the massive wages are Paladini and co.

Comment

I'm still waiting for a manager to have a fair crack at trying to get us up!
              A man who has not made a mistake has made nothing

Comment

Invest in team..get promotion..gates increase..simple really!!
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  Invest in team..get promotion..gates increase..simple really!!
                  unfortunately nothing is simple at QPR

Comment

ive said it before.....we never have and never will attract big crowds......18500 at loftus rd would be based on there being 3000+ away fans....we didnt even sell out for the play off final or semi final home leg.....in 1982 spurs accounted for 72,000 0f the gate at wembley.....the sooner we accept where we are is where we are the better!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

We have always run at a loss and made it up in the past by developing players and selling them on . however we had scouts and a policy of picking up bargains then selling them on for big money ) darren Peackock les ferdinand and andy sinton for example) or developing youth and selling them on for big money, (Allen, goddard, crouch etc)

this lot in charge now do it a different and more expensive way where we end up with players on big wages towards the end of thier careers that we can shift. That isnt consistent with thier stated medium term plan of buying quality young players to build a solid foundation for success (they did say that) really so far only Conolly fits that bill
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Terry Ball, why is everything with you political?/

I wasn't actually making that point at all. Our youth set up has not been right since mid nineties

I was and will re-iterate that we haven't had a good system for years and years and even in peteg answers he is going back 20 odd years.
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Why get involved in the first place? Are you telling me these guys are so naive they thought they could be succesful by bringing a few sponsors in and a few cheap signings. Take control of a business they nothing about. Decide they know more than the people they employ to make decisions. Alienate an already small fan base with unrealistic price rises.

What was the point? This is a question every football fan I know outside of QPR asks me. Why would these guys get involved unless they were serious about getting the TV money that would come with promotion.

Pete, do you not see the club being run like a circus?

Comment

BALANCE THE BOOKS first, then end up where we end up. We cannot live beyond our means as
                            it risks the club itself and we cannot rely on buying cheap and selling due to Mr. Bosman, so unless
                            we get TRUE investors in, who will pay the shortfall we will not compete.

On the other hand, if we had someone in who could actually use the money wisely then we would be able to
                            progress and try to take the club to the next level. Unfortunately, Briatore still relies on a bunch of amateurs to
                            scout and buy players, so we are stuffed!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X