Obscure QPR matches You Remember??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coneysboots View Post
    I was there too. Colin Clarke got both. Drew the replay at home, then won the second replay.
    That second replay 5th round game against Blackpool, was my first ever game. Watched from the paddock, fantastic atmosphere, I was hooked.

Comment

Grimsby away in the second leg of the Milk Cup game in the 90s. Went to penalties, and Allan MacDonald got the winning penalty! :waaaht:
      I was there for that, not many made it, it was freezing as I remember. We had a very lucky escape in the big boozer near the ground before the game, the locals were well excited and to say it was hairy getting out was an understatement.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

We had met some fellas from Grimsby at the first leg, so we stayed round theirs in Immingham. Had a really good night.

Comment

It wa amazing. 7-0 to us wouldn't have flattered us.
          Remember that well, probably the most one sided game I have ever seen. Read the stats the next day and we had 24 shots on target and they had 4. Stainrod was up in the stand with Vince Hilaire, we all wanted to know if Vince was going to sign for us, he said, not with a keeper like Burridge.....
          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Bolton away on a friday night in about 1981, 2-1 to us with Flanagan getting the winner. There were 94 of us there on a open terrace in the freezing rain, had a good night out in Radcliff after though.
            RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
              Bolton away on a friday night in about 1981, 2-1 to us with Flanagan getting the winner. There were 94 of us there on a open terrace in the freezing rain, had a good night out in Radcliff after though.
              God, what a night that was.....

Flanagans debut, I seem to remember Stainrod was laying on their keeper when he scored....

****** freezing night.

Was that the day that they took a picture of the fans waiting for the coach from the roof of the SA stand that was in the program later????
              A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

went orient away...80/81(ol man took me)...game held up..rangers in their end....lost i think. hotdog seller running outside away end and my dads mate handing out burgers and hotdogs to all the Rss fans...classic. only a kid but memories......
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                X