Are you happier now?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprsouth View Post
    Are you happier today than you were when we were in league 1 getting good crowds good atmosphere cheaper tickets.
    What a load of tosh. Cheaper tickets=administration.

The biggest mistake any board ever made at Loftus Road was not putting up the prices when we got promoted.

qprsouth, QPR is no different to any other club. Football is all about money now. THat is why i support our stance on getting players in on one year loans. It is uncommon for any player to stay at a club for longer than 2 years now so why risk paying £2 million for a guy that could end up a flop.

Far happier in the Championship and despite all the goings on, being the closest we have ever been.

I do believe that the passion is less to do with the players and more to do with the fans. There has ben a far greater change in their attitude in recent years than that of the players.

Many are acting like spoilt little children.

Comment

spot on Conners.
      Though we went up and people only seem to remember good times in that season. Stevie Palmer in centre mid causing particular irritation.....remember his performance at Luton....blimey

Comment

so 5500 season ticket holders is better than the 9500 we had is it...fans not able to afford to go is better is it....love your im alright jack views.we are lossing more money now than ever so its worked then...if its all about money then burnley did well with **** all.And hull and stoke .

Comment

i love the childish go and support another club answer.its so predictable.....if you wanna talk about supporting QPR lets talk about places like huddersfield midweek crewe sheff utd in the league cup and every other ground in league 1 not just i went to chelsea in the cup or a brentford or luton....if your all such great fans how come the atmosphere is so **** every home game...

Comment

i love the childish go and support another club answer.its so predictable.....if you wanna talk about supporting QPR lets talk about places like huddersfield midweek crewe sheff utd in the league cup and every other ground in league 1 not just i went to chelsea in the cup or a brentford or luton....if your all such great fans how come the atmosphere is so **** every home game...
            because you're always ****** moaning

Comment

and for all the Hull, Stoke's and Burnley's there are are loads of others that have f***** it up. We are more fortunate in that we have financial backing. We could never attract this calibre of squad if we didnt have the money men behind us.

As for the cost of a season ticket argument, yes it applies to a few, however, the 9500 refers to a period two years ago. People found the money because they also believed that we were about to become good all of a sudden and they all wanted to be part of it. Because it has not turned out as they hoped, they want to moan, yet if we had got to the Premiership in the first season those same fans would have had to pay more and would have done so without moaning. We are no less rich that the fans of other London premiership clubs. It is all about whether you are getting value for money.

As for Stoke, ironic that the guy who is coaching them is considered over the hill by many of our fanbase. The best investment our board could make is to send their fanbase off to get some GCSE's.

Comment

Delighted we actually have owners that can realistically take us somewhere but if your asking about my match day experience no 100% worse off...used to have a great laugh at the back of B block every week 20-30 of us together watching an average team that tried now I just see people all over the place because the pricing has forced people to move seats,players that don't give to sh1ts about the shirt & would rather go to a club than go and see sick kids in hospital at xmas & a carousel of managers... So in nutshell owners yes please,get rid of price bands & buy some decent players who will play for the badge yes please also....

Comment

beating port vale (great game though it was) just doesn't quite mean the same as beating derby, cardiff, reading

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Delighted we actually have owners that can realistically take us somewhere but if your asking about my match day experience no 100% worse off...used to have a great laugh at the back of B block every week 20-30 of us together watching an average team that tried now I just see people all over the place because the pricing has forced people to move seats,players that don't give to sh1ts about the shirt & would rather go to a club than go and see sick kids in hospital at xmas & a carousel of managers... So in nutshell owners yes please,get rid of price bands & buy some decent players who will play for the badge yes please also....
                    RIC-ROC, we had some seriously crap players in those years and apart from the play-off & promotion seasons, watching QPR was a very trying time. I would pay to watch Adel every day of the week. Yes he is greedy etc, but what a player. Goes back to my earlier point, i think most football fans think the same of their clubs at this time. CHelsea fans even booed their team off the other week, yet look at the success that they have had.

Just need to take a view that there is big money in a our game and work out a way as to how best we are going to accommodate the changes that this brings.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                      RIC-ROC, we had some seriously crap players in those years and apart from the play-off & promotion seasons, watching QPR was a very trying time. I would pay to watch Adel every day of the week. Yes he is greedy etc, but what a player. Goes back to my earlier point, i think most football fans think the same of their clubs at this time. CHelsea fans even booed their team off the other week, yet look at the success that they have had.

Just need to take a view that there is big money in a our game and work out a way as to how best we are going to accommodate the changes that this brings.
                      Conners totally agree we had some abysmal players m8 but what im saying is the 'feeling' around the club has turned full circle,I remember midweek games with the lads in a minibus to Yeovil,Grimsby,Blackpool places like that and win lose or draw my face was hurting from laughing it wasn't just about the football it's about seeing your pals,watching the team TRY & many more things I just feel the current regime have done very well to disrupt this and it shows in our gates & atmosphere

Comment

they paid up as the were promised quality and we got fitz hall etc etc...real quality.the only players we are linked with these days are league 1 and championship.whats the biggest fee paid by the ritchest club in the world then??????Fulham got a money man in who put in big name manager and put his money up (waiting for the go and support fulham comment).we aint attracted any quality apart from 1 player who will not pass and gives the ball away more often than not.Ive seen average players over the years but at least they played for the shirt and the relashionship with the fans was A1.they cant even be bothered to turn up for the LSA kids xmas party apart from 3 players.

Comment

they paid up as the were promised quality and we got fitz hall etc etc...real quality.the only players we are linked with these days are league 1 and championship.whats the biggest fee paid by the ritchest club in the world then??????Fulham got a money man in who put in big name manager and put his money up (waiting for the go and support fulham comment).we aint attracted any quality apart from 1 player who will not pass and gives the ball away more often than not.Ive seen average players over the years but at least they played for the shirt and the relashionship with the fans was A1.they cant even be bothered to turn up for the LSA kids xmas party apart from 3 players.
                          Hall was seen as a good signing at the time. Dowie initially had him and gorkks as 1st choice, so rated him and I'd take notice of his views to be honest

Comment

So you AGREE with me then that is more about seeing value for money as opposed the real cost. As for the LSA party, why the f*** have we still got an LSA. THis all came about through the Fulham Park Rangers thing.

The LSA is just another faction of our support base, like QPR1st etc. They all want their own independent time with the club.

The club runs a family day twice a year. For me, that is more than good enough. If not, I will start my own supporters club and see whether i can get a few players along to that.

Disband all the crap clubs/groups and become one. THat's how the supporters will have one true voice and cut out the unrealistic demands for turning up at parties etc. These players have their own families as well you know. Besides, if you were a QPR party would you turn up at a party voluntarily given the stick you have been given by your own fans this season ?

Comment

just off the top six......financially stable......some of us are still passionate and a squad that can beat anyone on its day so what is there to be depressed about?.
                              what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Spot on Big Ade. We were bottom when these guys walked in the door.

Comment

Working...
                                X