This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
    What's needed is one fan who is elected by the fanbase to act as a liaison with the club. All these splintered groups are self defeating as it's all a bit 'Life of Brian'.

I'd nominate Tracy as a front runner myself.

I second that!! To me she comes across like a person who is a good comminicator and a honest QPR "oldschol" supporter who really cares about ourUnder threat future as a familyclub.:girl::red_heart::red_heart:

Comment

cant believe i'm finding myself agreeing with virtually everyone in this thread (inc. W12 - good post)
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Seriously though what makes me laugh when people put peoples names forward for these sort of things as there is a list of usual suspects that 99% of us could give a **** about.

Do you think I want some fat lout probably less intelligent and educated than myself representing my views as a fan. Now this may come across arrogant but its not suppose to so hear me out.

We have supporters out there who are regulars at LR who are company directors, self made millionaires, real high fliers who could sit around a boardroom table with represenatives of the club and anihalite them on various issues. Lets find QPR fans who are marketing directors, business analysts and stratergists who can challenge the board on the way the club is run.....otherwise the board will never listen.

So I'm sorry if it come across rude but I don't want some plank I'm likely to bump into along the SAR concourse with a chicken balti pie hanging out of their mouth trying to squeeze their 3rd beer in during the HT interval representing my views as a supporter of the club getting off on some little power trip because they think they are in there.

Rant Over!
        To be fair you usually spout a load of old b0llox but have to agree with you on this one...;)

Comment

No disrespect to Tracy, but I cant see the point in any of her moans. And its these non-issues that make a mockery of having someone of that ilk representing the fans.

Of the people I know at QPR, Id have thought the likes of Steve Dedridge, Clive Whittingham or Steve Russell would be better placed to represent the common man/woman?

To be honest though, I'm not surprised the fans aren't taken seriously by the Board. Look at the individuals who are presented to them as being representative of the fans.....
          QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
            No disrespect to Tracy, but I cant see the point in any of her moans. And its these non-issues that make a mockery of having someone of that ilk representing the fans.

Of the people I know at QPR, Id have thought the likes of Dexter4england and QblockPete would be better placed to represent the common man/woman?

To be honest though, I'm not surprised the fans aren't taken seriously by the Board. Look at the individuals who are presented to them as being representative of the fans.....
            Yeah I think that would be a good idea Clunge
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              To be fair you usually spout a load of old b0llox but have to agree with you on this one...;)
              Still upset about that Bircham / Gallen post aren't you :bad_smile:

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post

Of the people I know at QPR, Id have thought the likes of Steve Dedridge, Clive Whittingham or Steve Russell would be better placed to represent the common man/woman?

Agreed! Don't know the individuals you have mentioned personally but Clive Whittingham (LFW) does come across as someone who can get his point of view across. Still think you need to go one step further with our board and have representatives who are of a high standing within finance, marketing & PR. The club might not like being told that there are better ways of running the club but unfortunately they need to hear it because they appear to be clueless on number of fronts.

Comment

Jeepers creepers. I post a little message on the dotorg board and suddenly there's 3 pages on a thread over here which includes snobbery (class? oh perlease) and hints of patronisation (is there such a word? )
                See, showing my lack of education there :eyes_droped:

Folks, all I;m saying is the little things in life have a habit of snowballing and if those little things can be nipped in the bud, then surely it's better to try than sitting on our bums being all 'British' about such issues?

I've been involved with the inner issues of the club for more years than I care to count. Sometimes, a person can do too much, and being honest here, my marriage almost suffered due to the amount of time I was putting into the club etc.

I made a vow last year that I would not get involved in such a level as to how I was involved before but sometimes I can't help getting riled. When I have more time I will post a copy of the letter I received courtesy of the Board regarding the now defunct shareholder agm's. Some out there may think this is a pointless issue. Others may be interested. So I'll do my best to dig it out over the weekend.

In the meantime for those going to the game tomorrow, enjoy and give Paul and Mick and clap from me :red_heart:

Comment

there

there can be only one true representative of our fan base

gi gi gi gi geejaybee,a real gentleman of the finest order:boss:

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
                    Jeepers creepers. I post a little message on the dotorg board and suddenly there's 3 pages on a thread over here which includes snobbery (class? oh perlease) and hints of patronisation (is there such a word? )
                    See, showing my lack of education there :eyes_droped:

Folks, all I;m saying is the little things in life have a habit of snowballing and if those little things can be nipped in the bud, then surely it's better to try than sitting on our bums being all 'British' about such issues?

I've been involved with the inner issues of the club for more years than I care to count. Sometimes, a person can do too much, and being honest here, my marriage almost suffered due to the amount of time I was putting into the club etc.

I made a vow last year that I would not get involved in such a level as to how I was involved before but sometimes I can't help getting riled. When I have more time I will post a copy of the letter I received courtesy of the Board regarding the now defunct shareholder agm's. Some out there may think this is a pointless issue. Others may be interested. So I'll do my best to dig it out over the weekend.

In the meantime for those going to the game tomorrow, enjoy and give Paul and Mick and clap from me :red_heart:
                    Sounds to me you have beeen invloved with 'the inner issues of the club' more so for your own personal gratification and enjoy getting high on your own self importance.

You may call it snobbery....so be it! At the end of the day I don't want my views as a football supporter of this club represented by a flower seller or housewife. That's why I would call on high standing QPR supporters to get involved instead, the sort of supporters who we can all respect of whom have no interest in getting their noses in the trough.

Comment

Oh dear..
                      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Sounds to me you have beeen invloved with 'the inner issues of the club' more so for your own personal gratification and enjoy getting high on your own self importance.

You may call it snobbery....so be it! At the end of the day I don't want my views as a football supporter of this club represented by a flower seller or housewife. That's why I would call on high standing QPR supporters to get involved instead, the sort of supporters who we can all respect of whom have no interest in getting their noses in the trough.
                        Shame on you for being so coarse. You can grumble about bad moderation here till the cows come home, but talking to Tracy like this is just plain disgusting IMHO.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

You have no idea how much Tracy has done for this club, and more importantly standing up for us, the fans. You really should, and be grateful for it.

Show some respect. She's earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            Shame on you for being so coarse. You can grumble about bad moderation here till the cows come home, but talking to Tracy like this is just plain disgusting IMHO.
                            Wind your neck in

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                            You have no idea how much Tracy has done for this club, and more importantly standing up for us, the fans. You really should, and be grateful for it.

Show some respect. She's earned it.
                            Sorry but I'm just not interested.

Comment

Why don't you do us all a favour and stop right there before you make a complete and total **** of yourself, if in fact you haven't already.
                              "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                              QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                              Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                              Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Wind your neck in

Sorry but I'm just not interested.
                                Well, if you stop insulting people without proper reason, people wouldn't bore you by calling you on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X