Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously though what makes me laugh when people put peoples names forward for these sort of things as there is a list of usual suspects that 99% of us could give a **** about.

Do you think I want some fat lout probably less intelligent and educated than myself representing my views as a fan. Now this may come across arrogant but its not suppose to so hear me out.

We have supporters out there who are regulars at LR who are company directors, self made millionaires, real high fliers who could sit around a boardroom table with represenatives of the club and anihalite them on various issues. Lets find QPR fans who are marketing directors, business analysts and stratergists who can challenge the board on the way the club is run.....otherwise the board will never listen.

So I'm sorry if it come across rude but I don't want some plank I'm likely to bump into along the SAR concourse with a chicken balti pie hanging out of their mouth trying to squeeze their 3rd beer in during the HT interval representing my views as a supporter of the club getting off on some little power trip because they think they are in there.

Rant Over!
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 17-12-2009, 12:06 AM.

Comment

It wouldnt matter who was put forward.Its their buisness and they will run it accordingly.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
        It wouldnt matter who was put forward.Its their buisness and they will run it accordingly.
        They will listen if they think they are getting free consultation....if you want to be taken seriously then you serioius people sitting around the table.

If this approach gets you no where then you know there is no point in even raising the issue again.
        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 17-12-2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          Seriously though what makes me laugh when people put peoples names forward for these sort of things as there is a list of usual suspects that 99% of us could give a **** about.

Do you think I want some fat lout probably less intelligent and educated than myself representing my views as a fan. Now this may come across arrogant but its not suppose to so hear me out.

We have supporters out there who are regulars at LR who are company directors, self made millionaires, real high fliers who could sit around a boardroom table with represenatives of the club and anihalite them on various issues. Lets find QPR fans who are marketing directors, business analysts and stratergists who can challenge the board on the way the club is run.....otherwise the board will never listen.

So I'm sorry if it come across rude but I don't want some plank I'm likely to bump into along the SAR concourse with a chicken balti pie hanging out of their mouth trying to squeeze their 3rd beer in during the HT interval representing my views as a supporter of the club getting off on some little power trip because they think they are in there.

Rant Over!
          Yea its a valid point they we will not be inclined to take advice from some lout, you would be better off having someone of a decent standing who can consult fans at a forum etc. and then go and meet with the board and put across the points of view of the fans in a constructive way.

TBH though I don't think Flavio gives two ****s what we think, the fact remains though this club is one of if not the worst run in the country with all the money and business experience they have I don't think they could have done a much more shambolic job if they had tried! And I mean that in all seriousness!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
            Yea its a valid point they we will not be inclined to take advice from some lout, you would be better off having someone of a decent standing who can consult fans at a forum etc. and then go and meet with the board and put across the points of view of the fans in a constructive way.

TBH though I don't think Flavio gives two ****s what we think, the fact remains though this club is one of if not the worst run in the country with all the money and business experience they have I don't think they could have done a much more shambolic job if they had tried! And I mean that in all seriousness!
            ....and this is my point if there are some fans out there of a high standing and were willing to give their time up, would the board meet these fans representatives half way for a few session's to get things out in the open?
            Last edited by W12_Ranger; 17-12-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

W12 Ranger, you make some good points there.

I don't think that the club are not prepared to listen to the fans, however, as Tracey displayed, too many fans want to moan about small issues. There are far bigger issues than a fan being punished for swearing. It is important that anyone at the table comes with potential solutions also.

So a guy swearing at a match, maybe sitting alongside a couple of young kids, gets fined. Why not ? Bad behaviour deserves punishment. What should we do, give him a hug ?

Look Amit, Briatore and Co are not that interested in minor issues and nor should they be either. Get the team sorted out and let others deal with the smaller stuff.

If I was running this club, 95% of my focus would be on the pitch.

There are too many fans groups. All we will end up with is someone like my good mate Finney, who once again over the past couple of weeks was in the papers portraying QPR in a bad light.

One last word on Magilton. Will be sad to see him go, however, have got to say that it was quite clear to all that the guy lost the dressing room very very quickly over the past few weeks. If he had won the last 5-6 games then there is no way his job would be in jeopardy.

Also, Buzsacky, i would move on. Will always remember you for some brilliant goals, however, you are still unfit a few months into the season, probably dont have an appetite for the club anymore , so thanks for your contribution and good luck for the future.

Last word for Routledge and Leigertwood. You two guys have so much potential but for one reason or another you very rarely fulfil it. Wayne, you have pace in abundance but only pull your finger out when the team is on the up. Leigertwood, physically, you have a great physique for a footballer, however, you waste it mate. Both of you should be stars in this league. Put a little extra effort and you might just see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                W12 Ranger, you make some good points there.

I don't think that the club are not prepared to listen to the fans, however, as Tracey displayed, too many fans want to moan about small issues. There are far bigger issues than a fan being punished for swearing. It is important that anyone at the table comes with potential solutions also.

So a guy swearing at a match, maybe sitting alongside a couple of young kids, gets fined. Why not ? Bad behaviour deserves punishment. What should we do, give him a hug ?

Look Amit, Briatore and Co are not that interested in minor issues and nor should they be either. Get the team sorted out and let others deal with the smaller stuff.

If I was running this club, 95% of my focus would be on the pitch.

There are too many fans groups. All we will end up with is someone like my good mate Finney, who once again over the past couple of weeks was in the papers portraying QPR in a bad light.

One last word on Magilton. Will be sad to see him go, however, have got to say that it was quite clear to all that the guy lost the dressing room very very quickly over the past few weeks. If he had won the last 5-6 games then there is no way his job would be in jeopardy.

Also, Buzsacky, i would move on. Will always remember you for some brilliant goals, however, you are still unfit a few months into the season, probably dont have an appetite for the club anymore , so thanks for your contribution and good luck for the future.

Last word for Routledge and Leigertwood. You two guys have so much potential but for one reason or another you very rarely fulfil it. Wayne, you have pace in abundance but only pull your finger out when the team is on the up. Leigertwood, physically, you have a great physique for a footballer, however, you waste it mate. Both of you should be stars in this league. Put a little extra effort and you might just see the results.
                Maybe they could try sorting a small issue to start with, cause they are making a right pigs ear of the football side of things!

Comment

W12 ranger, I found myself falling into two of those negative categories such as fat lout and pie eater

Seriously, though some good points, but you come across as a person who regards class, as a creteria to put a point across to the board. I don't agree with that
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    W12 ranger, I found myself falling into two of those negative categories such as fat lout and pie eater

Seriously, though some good points, but you come across as a person who regards class, as a creteria to put a point across to the board. I don't agree with that
                    Peter I do post things at times seriously with tongue in cheek comments so don't be offended.

Your point about class is correct but its not social class I refer to its socio economic class.

No doubt this will offend a few but at the end of the day and as Connors rightly pointed out the board could not care less about the sort of minor issues Tracy has brought up so why waste everybodies time. We need people who can represent the fans on a level which the board will listen...that in my opinion will come from those of higher socio economic class. Men and women who support the club who understand finances and how successful companies work...do you see where I'm coming from?

A committee of representatives would chair a meeting for QPR fans and fans group (this where the likes of Finney or Tracy can air their views). Important issues then raised would then be presented to the board by our reprsentatives, within this group of representatives I'd have someone like Robert Elms on board who would make the perfect spokesman as well.
                    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 17-12-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

To be honest, I do see where you are coming from.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Love to do it - alas not allowed.....

Interesting on what legal basis Tracey's friend was actually fined?

In all my years of working in the game and the safety side of stadiums, I've never heard of a club actively fining supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                          Love to do it - alas not allowed.....

Interesting on what legal basis Tracey's friend was actually fined?

In all my years of working in the game and the safety side of stadiums, I've never heard of a club actively fining supporters.
                          Are clubs actually legally allowed to fine fans?

I would have thought it would be down to either the local authority or the police to do that....
                          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Originally posted by haqpr1963 View Post
                            Are clubs actually legally allowed to fine fans?

I would have thought it would be down to either the local authority or the police to do that....
                            Well, I've never seen a piece of legislation that would allow a club to "fine" a fan.

What they might do is ban the supporter for 3 games, withold the season ticket and then charge £50 admin fee for its return.

You wouldn't get a £50 on the spot fine from a PCSO piglet in the street for foul and abusive language so I'm not convinced that a fine by a football club on a supporter has any legal strength whatsoever. Very strange

Comment

There should be a fan liaison officer within the club who's sole job is to listen to complaints, look into them and resolve the issue.

The owners do not give a flying fig about the fans and treat them all with content and to be fair, listening to the way people on here and in general just touch their toes and allow the club to shaft them time and time again, its understandable why nothing is ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                                There should be a fan liaison officer within the club who's sole job is to listen to complaints, look into them and resolve the issue.

The owners do not give a flying fig about the fans and treat them all with content and to be fair, listening to the way people on here and in general just touch their toes and allow the club to shaft them time and time again, its understandable why nothing is ever done.
                                When was the last fans forum (even though we were promised one by the club)???

I support QPR, but sometimes it is very, very hard to support the way the club is going....... :cry: :cry: :cry:
                                A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X