• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good pt...so nearly 3

some pride back.....

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      Why should we be happy with a point? If we were 2-1 down and had scored in the 94th minute we should still be disappointed with the result. We should be winning these matches not being happy with 1 point. Sorry if I'm in the minority here but when I look at the league table whether that be now or in May I don't see an extra column that says "performances". We don't get bonus points for allowing a 2-0 lead to slip.

Why didn't we perform like this for the last few weeks?
      You need to consider the circumstances, after recent results and performances last night was a massive improvement and boost. I am sure 99%of us would have taken a draw before kick off, conceding an equaliser in with the last kick of the game is gutting but in the cold light of day it was still a decent result.

The as to why we haven't performed like that recently, well that is the big question isn't it, what happened behind the scenes a few weeks ago that changed the performances on the pitch?

Comment

I think it's a case of taking the positives. Most fans here thought we would lose. We didn't.

Some things wen't wrong, but we played better. sirpie - you are usually the positive one, the optimist around here. Did you fall out of bed this morning?
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
          I think it's a case of taking the positives. Most fans here thought we would lose. We didn't.

Some things wen't wrong, but we played better. sirpie - you are usually the positive one, the optimist around here. Did you fall out of bed this morning?
          I am the optimist. That's why I expected 3 points last night. That's why I have expected us to be playing better than we have and yesterdays performance should be the absolute minimum from these players. They are paid extremely well to do a job and because they still get paid for not performing they get away with it. Everytime they actually pull their socks up (like Reading last year) people go overboard about it when they forget that we should be playing like this every week.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Gorkks was great at back and a goal.

If we scrape into the play offs by a point in May who will remember this performance?

As to subs that was to buy time and it nearly worked. For me Routledge had a great chance to run into a corner in stoppage time but tried a fancy pass instead but we shouldn't really criticise him as that would take away from the opportunity to moan about the Pelican. For the avoidance of doubt not really a criticism of Routledge as he played well but if others are going to nitpick may as well balance it out!

If we are going to succeed this season we need skill and character. Had no doubts we had former but showed plenty of latter last night which regardless of result, even had we lost, showed me we have what it takes if we can get the man in charge sorted out.
            Completely agree, routledge made some strange choices all night but he seems to be above reproach.

Comment

Originally posted by larkspur_hoop View Post
              You need to consider the circumstances, after recent results and performances last night was a massive improvement and boost. I am sure 99%of us would have taken a draw before kick off, conceding an equaliser in with the last kick of the game is gutting but in the cold light of day it was still a decent result.

The as to why we haven't performed like that recently, well that is the big question isn't it, what happened behind the scenes a few weeks ago that changed the performances on the pitch?
              We've all had managers who can't manage and are frankly nasty to work for but you still get on with your job. Yes it's easier when that boss leaves but you are paid to do a job. Footballers are no different. They have underperformed for weeks now and now they have their first decent performance in a couple of months and everyone is acting like a kid in a candy store.

Comment

Working...
              X