Sorry but I thought great, gutsy performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but I thought great, gutsy performance

against a West Brom side who really impressed me. Can't believe the moaning on here by some. Gallen and Birch had players fired up and organised and we ended up unlucky away against one of the top sides. Gutted at late goal but in cold light of day extremely encouraged.

Legs was awesome in particular and epitomised the character. If we can show that kind of character for the rest of the season we stand every chance of being in the mix. The amount of last ditch challenges and crunching tackles was fantastic. Most sides would have been destroyed by West Brom in that form. They did not have an off night.

Only real concern I had was Cerny was erratic. Some top saves but also some comical moments which on another night could have cost us. Ramage got nowhere near Thomas but suspect that will be true of most this year but he kept going and showed true grit.

Absolutely, players restored some pride last night.

Comment

I respect your opinion but if we finish a point off 6th come May will you still remember the performance?

Comment

Agreed. I'm just dissapointed we threw away a 2 goal lead. Proud, but dissapointed.

Legs stepped up, Watson had a good game and Gorkss was back to his best.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

The were superb last night but needless substitutions cost us 2 points, we more than deserved. The pelican had two chances in the 91st (with Faurlin) and 92nd minutes to run the ball into the corner and kill the game but no, he was to slow and lost the ball.

Comment

I think we are all getting a little carried away.
            Whilst I agree that the midfield worked hard and took some pressure off the defence and Gorrks looked back to his best we still have Stewart and Ramage who both looked well below championship level and for me our defending was very 'dodgy' at times. Until we bring in a partner for Gorkks I can't see us keeping clean sheets and stopping late goals.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              Agreed. I'm just dissapointed we threw away a 2 goal lead. Proud, but dissapointed.

Legs stepped up, Watson had a good game and Gorkss was back to his best.
              Great performances all round last night but Gorkks was MOTM for me.

Comment

Some people here are hilarious.

Yesterday nearly everyone predicted we would be put to the sword - some were saying we would lose 4 or 5 goals.

Then we whinge when we get a great point at one of the teams that every pundit has tipped for automatic - at their own place. :confused:

For the record I predicted the draw!
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  The were superb last night but needless substitutions cost us 2 points, we more than deserved. The pelican had two chances in the 91st (with Faurlin) and 92nd minutes to run the ball into the corner and kill the game but no, he was to slow and lost the ball.
                  plenty of other games I'd look at before that one. Coventry at home being the main one for me!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                    I respect your opinion but if we finish a point off 6th come May will you still remember the performance?
                    Yes...the ones under JM are the ones i'll look to blame. Plymouth, Bristol City, Forest, Peterborough, Leicester, Palace and Coventry should have ALL had better results.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Why should we be happy with a point? If we were 2-1 down and had scored in the 94th minute we should still be disappointed with the result. We should be winning these matches not being happy with 1 point. Sorry if I'm in the minority here but when I look at the league table whether that be now or in May I don't see an extra column that says "performances". We don't get bonus points for allowing a 2-0 lead to slip.

Why didn't we perform like this for the last few weeks?

Comment

Blackpool ?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                          Yes...the ones under JM are the ones i'll look to blame. Plymouth, Bristol City, Forest, Peterborough, Leicester, Palace and Coventry should have ALL had better results.
                          This maybe true but it is even more reason why we shouldn't be going overboard due to one good performance. Time and time again the players haven't played for each other or for the manager. They finally perform ok and everyone is acting like we won last night.

We have constantly played worse than we can and are 12th as a result. As I've said there is no column on the league table which rewards teams for good performances.

Comment

Gorkks was great at back and a goal.

If we scrape into the play offs by a point in May who will remember this performance?

As to subs that was to buy time and it nearly worked. For me Routledge had a great chance to run into a corner in stoppage time but tried a fancy pass instead but we shouldn't really criticise him as that would take away from the opportunity to moan about the Pelican. For the avoidance of doubt not really a criticism of Routledge as he played well but if others are going to nitpick may as well balance it out!

If we are going to succeed this season we need skill and character. Had no doubts we had former but showed plenty of latter last night which regardless of result, even had we lost, showed me we have what it takes if we can get the man in charge sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              If we scrape into the play offs by a point in May who will remember this performance?.
                              If we finish 7th, 1pt out the play-off's, who will be able to forget this performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X