drop ramage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baz View Post
    Difference is stewpeas has pace to recover if he drops a ####### where Hall does not, as I said in my previous post Hall / Gorks over the course of two seasons has been a defensive partnership that has never worked. So its Gorks/Stewart or Hall/Stewart. If we have no pace at the back we sit 10 yards deeper the CMs then have to come deeper and the attackers get isolated and we end up having to play killer balls or long balls therefore conceding possesion moe often. The problem was not Stewpeas on Friday it was Ramage inability to deal with the powerful pacy forward they had playing wide left which left the defence exposed time and time again which in turn will lead to more mistakes from the back two.
    I think that summed up exactly our problem last night especisally 1st half

Comment

I assume the 'I told you so' is aimed at me.
      The worry is that I thought Hall was very poor.
      Without Connolly we have a huge issue because Hall AND Stewart are both poor and I bet Gorkks can't wait to see Matty back either.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Its not aimed at you or anyone in particular - the point is we have a fundamental problem that applies when Stewart is not playing, because the other 3 CD's all very very good centre halfs don't have any pace, so the same issue applies, I think we need to go into the market for another centre half with pace to cover / challange Stewart for one berth and Gorks/Hall/Connelly for the other berth.

It's either that or we play more direct with Ageymang or another forward, because you cannot play a short passing game with your team so stretched.

In fairness they got better 2nd half and played a higher line, but that did lead to the pen

Comment

centre half with pace to cover / challange Stewart

How you can use the word cover is beyond me.
          Surely we can do a whole lot better than Stewart.
          For me Connolly and Gorrks would start all day long.
          No need having pace if you can't read a game which is excactly Stewarts problem.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            centre half with pace to cover / challange Stewart

How you can use the word cover is beyond me.
            Surely we can do a whole lot better than Stewart.
            For me Connolly and Gorrks would start all day long.
            No need having pace if you can't read a game which is excactly Stewarts problem.
            Stewart, Hall, Ramage and Borrowdale = all nothing more than decent cover. If we had suspensions and injuries across the back line they would all be good enough replacements for a game or two. We havethe centre back pairing sorted once Connolly is fit - him and Gorkks could be the best in the league - Ledge is ok at right back but has a lot to learn and whilst Borrowdale is steady, there are much better left backs in the game. My big worry is what happens if and when our only left back gets injured or suspended?
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
            X