No announcement yet.

drop ramage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legs at RB all day long - Hall only should play if Stewart is unfit - Stewart equals more clean sheets than Hall (remember Hall's halfway sliding tackle, missed by a mile, which lead to Blackpools goal opening day)
    And lets hope Borrowdale was watching Sheff U v Newcastle last night - Enrique showed how you play that position.

Comment

Jill I respect your opinion but playing centre half for 20 years and part of that at a decent level I feel that I understand the position very well. Stewart can be a shock a min and other times look half decent. His problem is concentration. Playing centre half you can't afford to have concentration lapses. You even can see what it has done to Rio Ferdinand who on a good day is a world class defender. Stewart has these concentration issue on way to many ocassions. If a centre forward has movement then he is f ucked. He is fine when man marking but if the centre forward has the ability to show some movement then he is very vunerable. He got roasted on so many ocassions by Fryatt who is half decent that I think he was pleased to come off. Hall should be better in the air for his size but he has looked fairly decent this season and for me improved something I am suprised you can say about Stewart who has looked very poor and overweight to me. Gorrks is fantastic in the air so I think we can afford to play Hall alongside him and drop shock a min stewart. Please don't mention POTY that was just a sign of how god damn poor the team on a whole were and I still think after a slow start Gorrks deserved that award.
      Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Fitz Hall will start today i think. I met him on saturday whilst his girlfriend was going on a mad shopping spree. Was between 2-3 hours of just idle chit chat. He is a really really top nice guy. Bit shy. Insanely massive, but I think (and hope) he will start ahead of stewart today.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Jill I respect your opinion but playing centre half for 20 years and part of that at a decent level I feel that I understand the position very well. Stewart can be a shock a min and other times look half decent. His problem is concentration. Playing centre half you can't afford to have concentration lapses. You even can see what it has done to Rio Ferdinand who on a good day is a world class defender. Stewart has these concentration issue on way to many ocassions. If a centre forward has movement then he is f ucked. He is fine when man marking but if the centre forward has the ability to show some movement then he is very vunerable. He got roasted on so many ocassions by Fryatt who is half decent that I think he was pleased to come off. Hall should be better in the air for his size but he has looked fairly decent this season and for me improved something I am suprised you can say about Stewart who has looked very poor and overweight to me. Gorrks is fantastic in the air so I think we can afford to play Hall alongside him and drop shock a min stewart. Please don't mention POTY that was just a sign of how god damn poor the team on a whole were and I still think after a slow start Gorrks deserved that award.
          I also accept your opinion, but how can we say Hall has concentration? How many "easy" goals did we let in last season when Hall played. The typical goals where their player puts a ball in across the 6 yard box, they are unmarked, and they nod it in. This also happened when he was playing at the beginning of this season - but stopped once Stewart and Gorkks were back. Stewarts mistakes are more clear to viewers because his mistakes are usually with the ball at his feet. Halls are when hes out of position, and letting players free to score - which isnt always as clear for people to see. Just my opinion of course

Comment

Only change for me would be Legs to right back and Watson into midfield.Apart from that i would keep the same team as friday.

Ramage has definately lost form recently.

Comment

Difference is stewpeas has pace to recover if he drops a ####### where Hall does not, as I said in my previous post Hall / Gorks over the course of two seasons has been a defensive partnership that has never worked. So its Gorks/Stewart or Hall/Stewart. If we have no pace at the back we sit 10 yards deeper the CMs then have to come deeper and the attackers get isolated and we end up having to play killer balls or long balls therefore conceding possesion moe often. The problem was not Stewpeas on Friday it was Ramage inability to deal with the powerful pacy forward they had playing wide left which left the defence exposed time and time again which in turn will lead to more mistakes from the back two.

Comment

I know for a fact that Jim will be starting Hall tonight.
                He was NOT happy with stewart and rightly took him off.

Comment

Never rated Hall at all..but tis obvious Jim does
                  Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Thats what he told me (as in he would be starting. Nothing about Stewart.) but I took it with a pinch of salt as it was Saturday and anything can change in a few days. I think Hall started very well this season and it was a shame about his injury.

Comment

Ramage never deserved to be dropped this season, but Leggy's performances justified the decission. Followed on from Reading away last season and has been superb since. Legs going into the middle with Ramage back in was the only sensible choice against Leicester so JM can't be slated for that. It didn't work because Legs didn't play well there and Ramage was poor at RB. Now, regardless of whether Mahon is fit, I expect Legs to revert to RB and Hall to rightly replace Stewart at CB alongside Gorkss. Watson will go stright back in as he's worthy of his place too.

So in answer to the question - Yes...drop Ramage. I really like him and I'm gutted he had a howler, but Legs is proving to be the best option. Always play your best 11 available and for me that means dropping Ramage.
                      Your mum would love me...

Comment

I think both Ramage and Stewart will be left out tonight for Leigertwood and Hall.

Watson will probably play alongside Faurlin and Buzsaky in midfield. I know Faurlin had a poor game against Leicester who didn't? But he was good against Reading and Derby. He is still adapting to the game in England and should not be discarded after a bad game.

If Faurlin is dropped, I would play with two CM's (Watson & Buzsaky) and two strikers, either Vine or Agyemang to partner Simpson, moving Routledge back to the right wing and Taarabt on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                          Legs at right back for me tonight and watson in centre mid with faurlin.

thoughts?
                          Me thinks you're spot on!

Hall for Stewpeas too. I actually think we could also see Vine start tonight up with Simpson and Routledge out wide possibly at the expense of Faurlin.

Comment

Not a dig at Borrowdale, he's had enough of those.
                            For another thread.

But no doubt he's a lucky lad - we have options at RB, so the talk is always about who plays there/dropped etc...

We have zero options/alternative at LB.

Needs competition,at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                              Legs at right back for me tonight and watson in centre mid with faurlin.

thoughts?
                              Yes exactly that, ramage shouldnt be in the team.
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Gorkks must easily be the 1st defender on the team sheet.
                                I think like Buzz it took Jim a while to realise what a real quality player he is.
                                Just a shame with Matty out he doesn't really have a decent partner to play with.

Comment

Working...
                                X