drop ramage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop ramage?

Legs at right back for me tonight and watson in centre mid with faurlin.

thoughts?
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Legs at right back (if he played there on Saturday, they would not have scored their first goal) and either Mahon - Faurlin or Mahon - Watson.

Comment

Without a shadow of a doubt Ramage should be dropped

Comment

I don't see Ramage as being the weak link in the back 4.

Stewart and his incredibly fat asre takes that honour.

For tonight I would like to see Ramage remain at right back and in the absence of Mahon bring in Legs to play centre mid with Watson.

Would drop Faulin and banish him to passing practise for a few days. His passing Friday was shocking.

Comment

If we had another left back Borrowdale would be keeping the bench warm, ive watched him closely a few times now and think he is a poor championship player.

Comment

For me, Legs is excellent at right back - and although ramage cant be faulted for effort, his pace is non existent, and his passing is generally woeful. I do admire the effort he puts in though, and his tackling is pretty good. Watson should definately go straight back into the middle - we were outplayed there in the last game. Lets just hope Hall doesnt play - for me, this would be a mistake - unless Stewart is injured of course

Comment

ramage is a really poor player. has to be legs at rb

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                For me, Legs is excellent at right back - and although ramage cant be faulted for effort, his pace is non existent, and his passing is generally woeful. I do admire the effort he puts in though, and his tackling is pretty good. Watson should definately go straight back into the middle - we were outplayed there in the last game. Lets just hope Hall doesnt play - for me, this would be a mistake - unless Stewart is injured of course
                Something wasn't right with Stew Peas on Friday, he took a very bad knock on his ankle at the end of the Derby match which could have been the reason or as others have said he had a bug, but something was wrong. I am not Hall's biggest admirer but he has actually done well this season.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

IS MAhon fit,if so i would have him instead of Faulin

Comment

Legs at RB and Faurlin and Bennyboy Watson in MF.

Faurlin hasn't become a bad player overnight and Friday was a one off. He will play well again with watson beside him.

Great game for the Ginger Ninja to make his comeback - what's the betting he gets booked (again!)
                    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Couldn't disagree more Jill.
                      Stewart has been very poor this season and Hall has looked better this season under Mag than he has last season. He has composure something Stewart doesn't even understand about. If stewart starts then you might as well throw the form book out of the window and say play as sh it as you like as your my favourite. Fryatt must wish Stewart was marking him every week. Not harsh just a reality. At right back it has to be Legs for me. Ramage has also been very poor in his last 2 games. Borrowdale gets in due to no competition.
                      Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 03-11-2009, 11:46 AM.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                        Something wasn't right with Stew Peas on Friday, he took a very bad knock on his ankle at the end of the Derby match which could have been the reason or as others have said he had a bug, but something was wrong. I am not Hall's biggest admirer but he has actually done well this season.
                        I dont want to start the Hall debate again - as people will know i dont rate him. But for me Hall does well WITH the ball - but without it, he is very poor. He looks composed with the ball at his feet, which is great - but the main thing in this division, and for any defenders is to get the ball away, and mark your players. He wins very little headers, is always caught out of position, and we give away ridiculous tap in unmarked goals all the time - most of this when he plays. The facts are simple, when Hall plays, we let in more goals - when Stewart plays, we keep more clean sheets

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Couldn't disagree more Gill.
                          Stewart has been very poor this season and Hall has looked better this season under Mag than he has last season. He has composure something Stewart doesn't even understand about. If stewart starts then you might as well throw the form book out of the window and say play as sh it as you like as your my favourite. Fryatt must wish Stewart was marking him every week. Not harsh just a reality. At right back it has to be Legs for me. Ramage has also been very poor in his last 2 games. Borrowdale gets in due to no competition.
                          How good has our defence been so far? The last few games, we have scored a ridiculous amount of goals, and let in only a few. Before that, when Hall was playing - we were all saying that our defence went from being good, to being vulnerable. Hall would possibly suit the premiership - but in this division its about being physical, and getting the ball away - which is what Stewart does. He makes his mistakes, but who doesnt? he is clearly our most improved player

Comment

I dont want to start the Hall debate again - as people will know i dont rate him. But for me Hall does well WITH the ball - but without it, he is very poor. He looks composed with the ball at his feet, which is great - but the main thing in this division, and for any defenders is to get the ball away, and mark your players. He wins very little headers, is always caught out of position, and we give away ridiculous tap in unmarked goals all the time - most of this when he plays. The facts are simple, when Hall plays, we let in more goals - when Stewart plays, we keep more clean sheets
                            I tend to agree with you but we haven't got Conners and as I said it looked like something was wrong with Stewart. If Stewart is fit he does well particularly in the air and also stands up to the 'big lumps' that many CCC teams use and because he is fast he can retreive a lot of his initial mistakes.
                            RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Ramage had an absolute shocker on Friday against their big centre forward playing wide and because of that Stewart was also getting pulled out trying to cover.

For me its all about partnerships, Gorks / Stewart works and they have a good understanding and counterbalance to each other.

Gorks / Hall has never looked convincing whilst Hall / Stewart is fine.

So I would leave the back two the same. I'm in two minds whether to let Ramage redeem himself or to put legs at right back 50/50 in my mind.

In CM if fit its Mahon and Faurlin again as a partnership that works well as evidenced by 3 4 goal games in a row. Against Reading Watson and Faurlin started and it was far from convincing and we were much better once Watson had gone off.

So I'm all in favour for keeping it as settled as possible and playing the side that beat Derby

Comment

Working...
                              X