Is this the most creative team ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the most creative team ever??

Before my day we had Marsh, then, we had Bowles.

Now we've got Buzz AND Adel at the same time. Chuck in Routledge and a few others and it seems we've the most "flair" players I've ever seen in a QPR team. For those of you around during the Marsh or Bowles eras, did they have anyone else that played along them with the same skill that they did?
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

yes,francis,thomas,masson,venables;its not all about creative players you also need grafters in the team.the likes of holloway,sibley,mahon,leggs,rowlands

Comment

not by a long way the 75/76 squad is light years ahead of this squad and gerry francis squad when we finished 5 in the prem was too:shocked::shocked::shocked:
      Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

QPR had Bowles, Francis,Thomas & Masson in the 75/76 season.

Gerry Francis also had teams that included the likes of Wilkins, Sinton, Wegerle, Sinclair, Impey, Penrice & Ferdinand in the 92-93 season. Barker & Holloway provided the graft.

Those sides were also very creative & entertaining to watch. They were playing in the top flight, although there isn't much difference with that old top flight (didn't include so many foreign internationals) and the CCC now.

Comment

I think a couple of people are getting WAY too carried away this past couple of weeks.

For 3 or 4 season, that mid-70's team were the best in the land for flair and attacking football at the highest level - including a European campaign. Produced an England capatin, and games/players that will live in the memory for ever.
          Early 90's weren't too bad either... Sir Les, Seaman, Sinton, Wilkins etc..

This past month has been fantastic, but... come on?!!

Just shows how starved of good stuff we've been for at least 15 years.

Comment

i think maybe some of the posters on here were not priveliged to witness the great teams of the past,they would have ripped our present defence apart

Comment

Originally posted by qpruleok View Post
              not by a long way the 75/76 squad is light years ahead of this squad and gerry francis squad when we finished 5 in the prem was too:shocked::shocked::shocked:
              Agree.

Comment

Girls, girls, girls. Can you all get a grip?

The lads have been playing great, but its still early doors. The pitches are going to get wetter/muddy, the opposition will work us out (not that difficult- crowd the midfield and deny us space to play it around), we'll get more injuries and suspensions, etc etc etc.

Now isnt the time to be planning promotion parties or comparing the current squad with our legends.

Remember, Hull we're 4th in the Prem this time last season, and they ended up nearly relegated.

Most long serving, knowledgable and less excitable fans have been here many times before. Yes, its an encouraging start, but lets not get too over emotional and not put the lads under any more pressure.
                QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

during my day i have seen the likes of oliseh, branco, mulholland, fitzgerald, johnson, baidoo etc come and go, so for me, this is the best football i have ever seen at loftus road.

not seen us play so many passes ever before

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Clunge View Post
                    Girls, girls, girls. Can you all get a grip?

The lads have been playing great, but its still early doors. The pitches are going to get wetter/muddy, the opposition will work us out (not that difficult- crowd the midfield and deny us space to play it around), we'll get more injuries and suspensions, etc etc etc.

Now isnt the time to be planning promotion parties or comparing the current squad with our legends.

Remember, Hull we're 4th in the Prem this time last season, and they ended up nearly relegated.

Most long serving, knowledgable and less excitable fans have been here many times before. Yes, its an encouraging start, but lets not get too over emotional and not put the lads under any more pressure.
                    Amen to that.
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by hhrangers View Post
                      during my day i have seen the likes of oliseh, branco, mulholland, fitzgerald, johnson, baidoo etc come and go, so for me, this is the best football i have ever seen at loftus road.

not seen us play so many passes ever before
                      Many advantages in being young.

But for that - you have my pity.

Comment

it is a real shame that some of our supporters did not see how good a football team we were,consistenly good and sheer brilliant at times;the team today is quite a way off being as good and the back four today would not get into the teams of the past

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo View Post
                          Many advantages in being young.

But for that - you have my pity.
                          i was heartbroken when baidoo left

Comment

For those of us that watched the mid seventys team were very very privaleged, and no none of our present squad would get into that side, but thets not saying that we have a very good side at the mo.........onwards and upwards.

But one thing we might be able to match, maybe, the atmosphere created by our seventys fans, with a full stadium we can roar them to the prem.
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

agree with that

Comment

Working...
                              X