No announcement yet.

Is this the most creative team ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably right about '76 team, I only recall seeing around a dozen games, live or on Big Match/MotD then.
    Venables '82 side was very successful. The offside trap was well marshalled but probably infuriating for opposition supporters (and players), so unlikely to get plaudits outside ourselves.
    Francis Top 5 side was great to watch, fine payers, shame we cashed in without replacing certainp layers with similar quality (I'm thinking Ferdinand here). I also recall a warm up injury to Wilkins before a Middlesboro game which cost us his services for prwetty much the remainder of the season. Say what you will about Ray as a Manager, but as a Player he was head & shoulders above most of our team AND he was always encouraging and picking up Ferdinand during games when it wasn't going his way.

Of course it's not easy to compare '60 / '70 with the present day. Chances are Rod & Stan may not have had the same impact. The pace and fitness levels have moved on. I'm not suggesting either were unfit, but the opposition was certainly less so at times. (Summerbee/Lee at Man City for a start)

Loving it all the same.

Comment

I'm privileged enough to have seen us when we were top london team (we were still a "small team" though....every ****** supported liverpool that i knew).

my hat goes off to those younger than me that never saw us in the top flight, let alone a decent team with a quarter or the England team made up of Rs!

albeit how bardsley got a call up i'll never know!
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
        albeit how bardsley got a call up i'll never know!
        Bards should have always been in ahead of Lee Dixon.

As for the creativity of this team, its the best we've seen for a long time, but a few short weeks ago many were saying how inept we looked after 3 home draws.........

Comment

Scott, More than a quarter of England team, I recall being at Wembley v Portugal (or Chechslovakia) when Clement, Gillard, Thomas & Francis started, Bowles may have come on as a Sub and Parkes was also on the bench. 30-40% morelike ?

David Bardsley was a football genius. Although I do recall in his early games having a sweep between ourselves in which minute of the game he would actually find another QPR player with a pass. I'm sure he often made it half way through the 1st half.

Fawny, Dixon was selected due to the @rse colleagues, Seamen, Winterburn, Adams, Bould (& Keown) ensured a good understanding.

Those 3 home draws, although not good at the time, in hindsight, we should have beatend Blackpool, possibly Forest also, but Peterborough probably shaded it if we're honest. Disappointing I know.

Comment

when did gregory get his caps?

Comment

Originally posted by m_cooper View Post
              when did gregory get his caps?

Barbados: Greg Goodridge (Queens Park Rangers - 14/10/1995, came on as sub.)

Comment

For me this is the best football I have seen at QPR! I am young I wasn't even born in the 70s or 80s :( 1990 I was born. Too young to remember the likes of sir les ferdinand etc too.

Comment

Good to see, not long ago you were saying "how rubbish they were"
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Good to see, not long ago you were saying "how rubbish they were"
                    I think the exact quote was some rubbish players and a lick of paint.
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Working...
                    X